Music Hall on Oasis

Anyone know what kind of music is played at Music Hall?  I heard they used to do a lot of cover bands, but recall seeing that changed.  We had a fantastic time on NCL's Breakaway, which had Sid Norman's Pour House and their house band was fantastic!  We went there almost every night.  Hoping to have a similar experience on Oasis...

22 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Anyone know what kind of music is played at Music Hall?  I heard they used to do a lot of cover bands, but recall seeing that changed.  We had a fantastic time on NCL's Breakaway, which had Sid Norman's Pour House and their house band was fantastic!  We went there almost every night.  Hoping to have a similar experience on Oasis...

We were on Oasis in May and there wasn't a cover band on our sailing but the "house band" played in the Music Hall.  They weren't too bad but we like the cover bands that we are used to seeing on Anthem.  Supposedly, cover bands have been eliminated, which is unfortunate.  

According to their web site, Phoenix is on the Ovation in August and the Oasis in November. We saw them

on Oasis and they were excellent, although the Music Hall is an awful venue, IMHO. Horrible sight lines, most bottom floor seats don’t face the stage. 

mac_tlc

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

According to their web site, Phoenix is on the Ovation in August and the Oasis in November. We saw them

on Oasis and they were excellent, although the Music Hall is an awful venue, IMHO. Horrible sight lines, most bottom floor seats don’t face the stage. 

mac_tlc

Agree, the music hall is so much better on quantum class but that being said I will still take it vs not having a Music Hall.  

• Like 1

In May there were no cover bands in the Music Hall on the Oasis. They did have Aeromyth performances one night in the

Royal Theatre though. Didn't see them because their lead singer can't sing in my opinion.

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were on Oasis in May and there wasn't a cover band on our sailing but the "house band" played in the Music Hall.  They weren't too bad but we like the cover bands that we are used to seeing on Anthem.  Supposedly, cover bands have been eliminated, which is unfortunate.  

We were also on Oasis in May.  Must have been a different week because we had Aeromyth.  However they did their shows in the theater and the Music Hall was the house band and some cabaret type shows.  

We were on oasis last June and saw a great styx cover band. We will cruise on oasis again in a few weeks so a little disappointed but will find other great things to do. Love the shows (except cats lol) and love the music in the schooner bar.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Middle of last march they used it for the diamond lounge while they worked on it. We did see a great band warning up everyone enjoyed. 

That was Slippery When Wet - absolutely fantastic.  Saw them 4 times, including their performance in the Aqua Theatre near the end of the cruise because they could not cram enough people in the Music Hall to see them.

Unfortunately, that was then, and this is now.  RCCL has decided to drop the cover bands to cut costs.  Now you get to listen to the Cats performers sing some Broadway shows one night and the members of the ship's band play some songs another night (we were on Oasis again 2 weeks ago).  Really sad that RCCL is cutting costs this way.  We were so excited to see what cover band was going to be on this July, only to find out that they eliminated them all to save a few bucks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Unfortunately, that was then, and this is now.  RCCL has decided to drop the cover bands to cut costs.  Now you get to listen to the Cats performers sing some Broadway shows one night and the members of the ship's band play some songs another night (we were on Oasis again 2 weeks ago).  Really sad that RCCL is cutting costs this way.  We were so excited to see what cover band was going to be on this July, only to find out that they eliminated them all to save a few bucks.

Just off Oasis today - and that is correct.  We had the Cats performers sing and some of the other ship's bands played in there.  I REALLY miss the Cover Bands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Not an answer, but every time my eyes pass by your title, I read "Hall and Oates" instead of Hall on Oasis...

Same! And each time I get excited, thinking Hall and Oates is going to be on my cruise (or at least someone's cruise!). 😂

• Haha 2

A quick perusal of the app for the current Allure cruise only shows the house band in Dazzles. We will be on Oasis next week. I will be sure to voice my displeasure at yet another cut and poor replacement.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

A quick perusal of the app for the current Allure cruise only shows the house band in Dazzles. We will be on Oasis next week. I will be sure to voice my displeasure at yet another cut and poor replacement.

PS -  A new Cats cast is starting this week on Oasis, if you are a Cats fan.  I'm not.

59 minutes ago, ecslady said:

PS -  A new Cats cast is starting this week on Oasis, if you are a Cats fan.  I'm not.

I think my daughter and grandson will go to Cats, probably not me .