Alaska

We are booked July 12 , 2024, family of 6 adults. I just starting looking at excursions and everything I wanted is booked. We have a husky so we especially wanted to do something with the sled dogs. Any advice appreciated. Or any excursions you did and loved. 
Thanks 

Agree...the excursion may not be out yet. Also you can check Gold Rush Dog Tours if you'll be in Juneau.

Consider Bering Sea Crab Fisherman Tour if in Ketchikan. Price out booking with cruiseline vs directly on their website.

As @OCSC Mike noted:  Book independently. We rarely book RCL excursions.

RCL does not operate the excursions:  it partner with vendors.  So, in the end, you’re eating a mark on a mark.

There was a time when we booked RCL excursions and only RCL excursions.  The “guarantee” meant something then.

But social media changed all that.  A vendor fails to get customers back to the ship on time?  Bye, bye vendor!  There’d be so much bad press on social media if that were to happen only a fool would ever  book with that company.

Viator.  Shore Excursions Group (a private co. not affiliated with RCL or any cruise line.). Direct with provider.  Such companies know that their existence depends upon providing customers with a good, no-angst experience.  We’re on an NCL B2B Alaska in September.  Our 4th and 5th AK cruises.  We wanted to book a Kenai Fjord cruises in Seward on disembark/embark day.  We usually use Viator.  However it was sold out—-that IS, Viator no longer had any inventory. We called the provider and booked it directly with that company.

• Like 1

My first cruise was an Alaska cruise and our family took a helicopter flight to a glacier where there were Iditarod teams had they dogs (and puppies!) and did some sledding on the glacier.

The flight up was spectacular and the visit with the dogs, puppies and taking a spin on a sled was enjoyable although you were only a passenger.

Great memory, was pricey, but my three kids still speak of it when that trip is mentioned.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jobrien said:

were Iditarod teams had they dogs (and puppies!) and did some sledding on the glacier.

We did the same exact thing & loved it!

IMG_1753.jpeg

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

My favorite was Michelle's Island Wings float plane...loved it!  It was heaven, we saw so much, mountain goats/sheep in snow and set down on a mirror inlet where the silence was deafening!  So beautiful.  Worth every penny, at the time (2014) it cost us $235 each and we went with friends.  Mendenhall was a treat as well, Nuggat falls is fantastic and we saw a black bear on the boardwalk.  The whale boat was great only 6 of us with our captain on Harv n Marvs tour.  Cpt. Jane followed a resident whale called Spot around the bay and we saw otters, seals etc.  Worth it too, can't remember the amt but was cheaper than the plane.

small boat.jpg

alaska 207.JPG

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Book independently.

Dog sledding was one of many highlights during our 18 day trip in 2018.

Long review in my signature if interested.

We loved the dog sledding too. Worth it if you can find an independent booking, We also did a hike, canoe, walk across  a  watery beach like landscape up to the edge of the bottom of a waterfall . It was a long day, something we avoid, but it was worth it if you can find an independent tour.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, budmeister said:

It was a long day, something we avoid, but it was worth it if you can find an independent tour.

I think all 10 of our days on land were long, lol, but that was by design. It was a very special trip for us and we didn't know if we would ever be back.

• Like 1