Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

9 hours ago, dides said:

I fully expect my favourite Alfredo's Tarantina pizza with bay shrimp won't be on the fixed price menu! And O'Malley's menu items are all $5 for starters, $10 for mains and $5 for desserts so I'm sure there will a smaller cheaper selection on the fixed price menu,

Why assume that.  The 3 courses a la carte would be 20 and would now be 15 as the 3 course prix fix.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

They make reference and had a bullet point about using the telephone for room service. Will one still be able order from Ocean Now on the TV and not have to pay a room service fee? We have a 10day booked at the $60 rate, followed by a 15day with the $50 rate. Wonder how this will work.

You are going to have no service fees and two visits to for-fee casual dining on first voyage and don't get them on the second, unless you pay $10/pp/day to upgrade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wineglass said:

On my presently booked 15 day cruise, plus+ would add $900 per person to my fare. Remove gratuities and internet and that means almost $400 per person to spend on drinks, or about $26 a day. If I drank a lot it might work, but I don’t. The new ship Sun Princess is going towards exclusive sectioning similar to Celebrity. I don’t like that either. Perhaps they don’t care, but Princess is rapidly pushing this elite customer towards another cruise line!

Nobody is twisting your arm regarding buying one of the packages.  If you can't drink 26.00 worth of drinks, soda, coffee and bottled water, there's nothing wrong with that.  If you need to have stuff delivered to you, then you'll pay an extra 15.00 for that to happen.  But since you're not getting a drink package, do you really need to have a club sandwich delivered at 930 while you're at MUTS?

You have the option to go bare bones on Princess just like you do on Celebrity, HAL, RCI, NCL, MSC and Carnival.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Yes.  But it's small compared to the charge when you enter a lifeboat during an emergency...

Actually entering the lifeboat will be considered as booking a new cruise.  And eating the rations on that lifeboat will be considered casual dining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, all Alfredo's/Gigi's will be for-fee casual dining effective at various dates in August (likely timed with cruise voyage turnover dates).  Sapphire is first on August 2.

Correct.  But have you read or heard that they are expanding the current menu on ships like the Sapphire?  When we were on her pre-Covid we were told that it would be difficult to add the equipment to enable them to match the Alfredo's on other ships.  Guess they have now figured that out?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Correct.  But have you read or heard that they are expanding the current menu on ships like the Sapphire?  When we were on her pre-Covid we were told that it would be difficult to add the equipment to enable them to match the Alfredo's on other ships.  Guess they have now figured that out?

No idea.  Never been on that ship, but I presume they have all the pizzas.  I gather you are wondering how they will construct a full meal for the $15 fee?  No idea, but shouldn't be hard to supply a couple of dessert choices from the kitchen (but hard to justify a fee if one can grab them at various times from IC or Buffet).

7 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

This is really sad we had a suite booked for June 2020 it has been kicked around and down now finally getting to go on the cruise this september and had looked forward to ordering from MDR and eating on our balcony watching the scenery now we will be charged for this..such a shame as that was touted as one of the perks of a suite...sigh

Nevermind 

Edited by CruizinSusan70

27 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I called and asked and they yes i would pay $5 just for calling to get an ice bucket.

Simple answer do not call for one.  Have your steward bring ice when they service the room. Mine does that without any problem.

But of course that would be asking something of one of the service employees that you short tips for.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

While this explains ordering on app, it likely will be the same on the TV when paying the $14.99 OceanNow delivery fee good for the entire cruise.

IMG_6938.jpeg

Astro flyer where did you get this bullet point document ?

It definitely seems to be saying , that for standard , if you pay once for the $14.99 ocean access , that if you use your app from your cabin to order room service, there will not be an additional $5 charge .. is that correct.?

on an earlier  princess sales video that someone posted, they said the ocean ready $14.99 only applied to deliveries anywhere on ship , but not stateroom.  

can anyone clarify , do I  indeed avoid the $5 room service charge having food delivered to my cabin if I’ve paid the ocean now access onetime fee of $14.99 , AND I use the app only to order food to go to cabin ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

Astro flyer where did you get this bullet point document ?

It definitely seems to be saying , that for standard , if you pay once for the $14.99 ocean access , that if you use your app from your cabin to order room service, there will not be an additional $5 charge .. is that correct.?

on an earlier  princess sales video that someone posted, they said the ocean ready $14.99 only applied to deliveries anywhere on ship , but not stateroom.  

can anyone clarify , do I  indeed avoid the $5 room service charge having food delivered to my cabin if I’ve paid the ocean now access onetime fee of $14.99 , AND I use the app only to order food to go to cabin ?

Correct. 

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Many folks reported as you but then said their credit card was not charged $10.

I believe you get 2 comp'd meals per segment.  This is based on guests getting the 2 SD credits per segment already.

They specifically stated that a guest who booked two physical voyages B2B (say 7 + 7) will be assessed two Ocean Now fees of $15.  However, if guest booked the logical 14 night version, they will be assessed one Ocean Now fee.  Will that hold is a whole other question.

A WC booker for 95/111 nights or so is going to be assessed one $15 fee.

I'm just waiting for the repo cruises from Seattle to Vancouver or vice versa and all the guests who want their dining. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Sharing meals would only be half the orders, half the cooking and therefore half the volume. 

Two seats are being used each time. I'm talking people taking up tables (going 4 times instead of the alloted 2). Announced yesterday and people are already trying to work the system. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

12 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Simple answer do not call for one.  Have your steward bring ice when they service the room. Mine does that without any problem.

But of course that would be asking something of one of the service employees that you short tips for.

Good on you re tips response. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cali-croozer said:

Also,  I don't think they offer mdr breakfast and lunch daily, like princess.  

Carnival offers MDR breakfast on port days and sea day brunch that goes to noon on sea days.  But Princess only offers MDR lunch on sea days, not port days. Carnival doesn't offer MDR lunch  on port days either.

6 hours ago, Scottyren said:

I would love to see a lower tiered drink package with five or six drinks a day at a slightly lower price point.  Never going to happen with a mainstream cruise line because theres no incentive for them to do it when people are buying the 15 drink per day packages.  

For me, this may be the nudge we needed to go over to Oceania. We don’t do room service and I like Alfredo’s- don’t love it, but the changes do reduce the number of complimentary dining options. And we just don’t love the idea of running up a bunch of charges to our onboard account.  

You're hesitant to pay 44 a day for drinks and wifi, yet you'll contemplate upgrading to Oceania.  🤔

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

You're hesitant to pay 44 a day for drinks and wifi, yet you'll contemplate upgrading to Oceania.  🤔

After adding up all the nickels and dimes, it might not be too far off from an Oceania fare.😁

• Like 4