Our cruise is in early August, and I can't download the e-docs

ontheweb

I called NCL, and what I was told was they were having a problem today. Try tomorrow, or maybe Monday is what she then said.

I had also tried to get spa prices since DW mentioned she was interested in a message, and nothing would come up. I wonder if that is part of the same website problem.

Edited by ontheweb
added second paragraph

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I called NCL, and what I was told was they were having a problem today. Try tomorrow, or maybe Monday is what she then said.

I had also tried to get spa prices since DW mentioned she was interested in a message, and nothing would come up. I wonder if that is part of the same website problem.

If you have had no success today, it's probably going to be tomorrow, or Monday, for you to get your information/prices and download the E-Docs.

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I had same issue this morning. Cleared my browsing history and they printed fine this afternoon. 

18 hours ago, JCMass. said:

We are having the same problem, cannot download our documents and it will not accept our photo's either.  We are leaving August 18, on the Pearl out of Boston.  

Try refreshing the page.   The  photo wasn't working for me either, I had to crop the photo a little that helped and submitted it and that worked. 

18 hours ago, estrawder3 said:

I had that problem, i deleted all my cookies, logged back in and had no issues.   I had already completed check in though.

Thank you, Thank you.   We removed the cookies like you suggested, my husband when back and added his photo, and everything printed out.  What would we do without the help on Cruise Critic !! 

• Like 1

Still can't download the e-docs. Called NCL again and this time after putting me on hold they said to call my TA and have him do it through the portal and then e-mail them to me. 

I called and he was also unable to download them. He said he will call them tomorrow morning and then get back to me.

10 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

It’s fine, we’ve arrived at port with no E-doc’s, app wasn’t working when we tried to pull it up and they processed us fine with our passports/ID

Yes, I have been told that, but I still would rather have them. 

It does seem a lot of things do not work with NCL. 😒

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, I have been told that, but I still would rather have them. 

It does seem a lot of things do not work with NCL. 😒

Not just NCL, unfortunately. I've had the same issue with other lines. One good takeaway from this is the importance of clearing the cache/cookies on a routine basis. I can't tell you the number of times I've gotten frustrated while trying to buy airline tickets, rent a car, or book a hotel room and I was cursing the site, only to realize the issue was on my end. Make cache clearing a part of your "routine maintenance" and you should have fewer problems. Oh, and enjoy your cruise next month!  😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried on a different computer by going to the library. It first told me it was going through an insecure connection, and others might be able to read. Not worried, I said go to it. And it came up COULD NOT FIND THE SERVER.

Tried again with both my TA and an NCL rep on the line. She sent me a link to reset my password, but it just kept spinning around until I was finally told that the site had taken too long and now it could not be reached. 

The rep said you don't really need the documents as long as the check in is completed, which it is. Also said it would cut off tomorrow being 4 days before the cruise.

• Like 1

I leave this weekend and couldn't do mine either. I spent forever on hold with customer service and they didn't have a solution but said it was a known problem. 

Only after that I found this thread - thank you!! Incognito mode didn't help. But clearing the cache did. And using the website, not the app. Now all I have to do is pack!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Tried again with both my TA and an NCL rep on the line. She sent me a link to reset my password, but it just kept spinning around until I was finally told that the site had taken too long and now it could not be reached. 

The rep said you don't really need the documents as long as the check in is completed, which it is. Also said it would cut off tomorrow being 4 days before the cruise.

That's the really important part, i.e. as long as you're checked in, you don't need to print the documents. I'm a lot like you in that I like to have my ducks in a row and have paper copies of my travel documents just in case. However, NCL has been great about accepting digital copies of boarding passes and such, so don't worry and have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

That's the really important part, i.e. as long as you're checked in, you don't need to print the documents. I'm a lot like you in that I like to have my ducks in a row and have paper copies of my travel documents just in case. However, NCL has been great about accepting digital copies of boarding passes and such, so don't worry and have a great cruise!

No smartphone, so no digital copy.

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

No smartphone, so no digital copy.

I would suggest taking any and everything you have in writing regarding the cruise, any invoices, etc.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's definitely anxiety laden.

I'm like you, I like a paper copy in my hand.

Good luck and wishing you an easy check-in and great cruise!

• Like 1

I agree with @goldmom, but just remember, @ontheweb, you said you already checked in, so they'll be expecting you. I've seen people at the check-in window who had no idea about printing the boarding passes, and they've been fine. NCL knows you're supposed to be there. On my 2nd cruise (with Carnival), I was panicking as we were about to go through the metal detector because I couldn't find some piece of paper (I forget now what it was). A very stern-looking security guard looked at me and said "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to relax and have a good time, you're going on vacation!" I laughed, albeit somewhat nervously. Don't worry, take it from someone who does!

• Like 1

GREAT NEWS!

I now have them. I tried and a page came up that had our reservation #, my last name, and first initial. And then log in, but when I clicked on that it said the docs were not read. 😢 even though both the website and everyone I have spoken to at NCL says they are ready.

I called again, and they switched me to the IT department. And now they are there! 😊 I just wish they had done that previously as I have been trying to download them since Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Ah, I didn't know that. I guess nowadays the cruise lines tend to assume everyone has one.

Some of us are Luddites. 😉 I subscribe to something Kurt Vonnegut once wrote, technology should have ended with the invention of the electric guitar. 🤣

• Haha 1

I agree with @goldmom, but just remember, @ontheweb, you said you already checked in, so they'll be expecting you. I've seen people at the check-in window who had no idea about printing the boarding passes, and they've been fine. NCL knows you're supposed to be there. On my 2nd cruise (with Carnival), I was panicking as we were about to go through the metal detector because I couldn't find some piece of paper (I forget now what it was). A very stern-looking security guard looked at me and said "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to relax and have a good time, you're going on vacation!" I laughed, albeit somewhat nervously. Don't worry, take it from someone who does!

yes, it's not a big deal if you don't have the documents.  Also not a problem if you don't completely check in.  My first few cruises, I'd make sure to have my documents only to notice that no one had ever asked for them.  Now, If I run into a problem during check-in (like it accepting my photo), I just quit there.  Since I never need luggage tags, it's never a big deal to me.  And I've never had a problem at the port

• Like 1