Westbound TA - port or starboard?

Portside gets the sun all day, sunup to sunset.  Portside balcony cabins get very hot by mid afternoon. Pick starboard if you like it cold and chilly and in a shadow all day. We always book Portside for Westbound.  Be prepared for 5 or 6 one hour time changes one after another mid cruise. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

POSH=port out starboard home based on sailing from UK.  An old tradition but that was before air-conditioning.   If the weather is cool heading wb then follow the POSH suggestion. 

This was for UK to India,  and referred to the best side for shade.  Some interesting comments in this old thread.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone!  DH and I prefer some sun, but not sure about all day.  Currently I have a port side cabin booked.  Interesting comments on that former thread too.  Since we are crossing Atlantic in Autumn, I imagined the warmth of the sun may be welcome. (I am usually cold and you will probably see me out there wrapped in a blanket. Haha)  Will discuss with DH later. Thanks, again! 😀

36 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

Thanks, everyone!  DH and I prefer some sun, but not sure about all day.  Currently I have a port side cabin booked.  Interesting comments on that former thread too.  Since we are crossing Atlantic in Autumn, I imagined the warmth of the sun may be welcome. (I am usually cold and you will probably see me out there wrapped in a blanket. Haha)  Will discuss with DH later. Thanks, again! 😀

Keep the Port side; breakfast on the balcony in the sunshine! 

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Sounds familiar!

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

This was for UK to India,  and referred to the best side for shade.  Some interesting comments in this old thread.

Wow, a 19 year old thread on Cruise Critic!  I don't even know if they had verandas in 2004?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Wow, a 19 year old thread on Cruise Critic!  I don't even know if they had verandas in 2004?

The language and some of the words used in that thread are hysterical… but then again it was on the Cunard boards 🤷‍♀️