I’m on board Uniworld SS Venezia

Got2Cruise

Day 7 Do As The Locals Do Rialto Fish Market and local “cichetto and umbra” at a restaurant. Transportation to and from ship by local water taxi. We started with a trip to the market with the ship’s chef to choose ingredients for todays meal.  

IMG_4404.thumb.jpeg.c887140da56dbbcc9d6504ffe437dee4.jpegIMG_4486.thumb.jpeg.cdec7971f02e78b5b7d3fba663b76ad6.jpegIMG_4454.thumb.jpeg.8ff78877f4ba4a0112406b44fa92b9a6.jpegIMG_4467.thumb.jpeg.069ae8afaaf15722170a862438208515.jpegIMG_7604.thumb.jpeg.42a1cfe51207b86b1a63056244ea715e.jpegIMG_4483.thumb.jpeg.265584ec65159dea490dc232d0f2c09d.jpegIMG_7611.thumb.jpeg.133c7cafef5508b56d667715d111c5bc.jpeg

• Like 4

Glad you had such a great cruise🙂 I did this sailing back in Oct 2019 and agree about the private tour  to St Mark's Cathedral. It was amazing!

Thanks for sharing the photos with us too.🙂

• Like 2

Back home! Both Milan Airport and Venice Airport are a pleasure. 

So here are the pics from Milan. I have to say we loved everything about Milan. We arrived a day early so I booked 2 tours myself. The Duomo Rooftop tour and LaScala Opera House tour, so when you see the pics know that those are not part of the Uniworld extension. Also Lake Como was additional fee, but worth every penny. Again a private boat just for the Uniworld pax. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasstar said:

Thanks for your fabulous report.  I never thought I would want to do this trip because I have been to Venice, but you are making me rethink this.

It's definitely a different way to see Venice – more like a local [or like Stanley Tucci, with your own private boat!].  Uniworld used to try to sail more on the Po, IIRC, but this actually looks like a better [and more reliable] itinerary.

• Like 3

This cruise is very tempting, and I think I'm not the only one. When I looked at Uniworld website a few days ago I saw massive discounts for 2023. I went back to the site just now and those discounts have gone. There are a few, but they are nowhere as big as before....

BTW - am I the only one seeing the word 'unavailable' under all the movie files?

Edited by pontac

2 hours ago, pontac said:

This cruise is very tempting, and I think I'm not the only one. When I looked at Uniworld website a few days ago I saw massive discounts for 2023. I went back to the site just now and those discounts have gone. There are a few, but they are nowhere as big as before....

BTW - am I the only one seeing the word 'unavailable' under all the movie files?

I hope you can see the videos. I have a bunch more but don’t want to bore everyone. Plus I take them with my iPhone I don’t pretend to be a videographer. Lol. Here’s one I didn’t post. Let me know if you can see it. 

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Like 1

Thanks for the fantastic pics, so glad you had a great time!  We did the Venice portion (no Milan) back in 2017 & loved every second of it.  So much so that we came close to doing it again this year.  Alas, home repairs put an end to that-phooey.  It's the front runner for next year though.  Welcome home & thanks again!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's definitely a different way to see Venice – more like a local [or like Stanley Tucci, with your own private boat!].  Uniworld used to try to sail more on the Po, IIRC, but this actually looks like a better [and more reliable] itinerary.

This was our 2nd time to Venice. The first time was an independent precruise stay before an Adriatic Sea Cruise. There are pros and cons of the cruise vs a hotel on the canal. You are 100% immersed in Venetian culture if you stay in the hotel. 

The cruise is more relaxing and you get the cruising atmosphere of lounging and making new friends between excursions. 

And yes watch the Stanley Tucci episode from Venice! I love the Rialto area of Venice. Lots of little lanes with shops and not all touristy. 

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, texasstar said:

Thanks for your fabulous report.  I never thought I would want to do this trip because I have been to Venice, but you are making me rethink this.

We’ve been to Venice also. The cruise is a different experience. Relaxing on the ship and socializing is part of the experience. Also just showing up and having all these special tours was great also. When coupled with Milan, it’s a wonderful “Northern Italian” vacation. We met a few couples who spent a couple of days in Lake Como before joining us in Milan. You could also go from Milan to the Swiss Alps by train for the day. I wanted to do that, but I couldn’t be away that long due to other obligations. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Did your picture of the Last Supper mean that Uniworld took your group to see it?

Yes. In Milan. Leonardo’s Last Supper is in an unassuming Convent  The viewing is run unbelievably well  Your ticket is for 15 minutes only  Only 50 persons at a time is allowed in, and controlled by locking glass doors. The room contains 2 wall sized paintings on opposite ends 

This is the painting on the opposite wall as The Last Supper. 

IMG_3850.thumb.jpeg.1d6c5ddb4ab7975d3f11b70b0872ce4e.jpeg

IMG_7263.thumb.jpeg.595ec6ae38b29c05e9f4e1969118ae7e.jpeg

This is the unassuming convent where The Last Supper is kept. There is no line, or crowds. Timed tickets that is run precisely. 

IMG_7259.thumb.jpeg.9d68cf587e4d0e85f94e6478ee576f04.jpeg

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to @gnome12 and  @Kristelle

Then it appears to be some thing at my end. As to @Got2Cruise's question

15 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Let me know if you can see it. 

IMG_4524.movUnavailable

I get unavailable - as shown in this quote - and when I click on it I get this

image.png.aa6d1bae4c5fcc517b10d73fcff692b7.png

I'll try a different browser

Edited by pontac

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, CAKEisgood said:

Thank you! Awesome pics and video. Really gave a good flavor and feel of your trip. Bella! 

You’re welcome! I wanted to give readers an idea what they would be experiencing if they chose this itinerary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Much appreciate all the terrific info and photos. I’m looking at this for 2024, including the pre-trip extension and then a few days on my own in Tuscany. I’ve been to Venice before but only for a few days. This looks amazing. 

• Like 1