A Point about Travel Summary Text and New Changes Announced July 27.

Steelers36

1 hour ago, Wanderers2 said:

If you do the fake booking be very careful as it appears Princess are offering a lot more “non refundable “ bookings at the moment which may mean your FCD would be forfeit. 

Oh, no worries.  I'll never be booking a Non-Ref Deposit.

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

BTW, I do notice (on the App) that 'NEW - Room Service Delivery' is not there like it is on the Personalizer 'Upgrade now' link.

I'm assuming that's because activation of Ocean Now includes RS delivery (if you don't use the phone...)

Or have I screwed that up too?? 

I am confused.  I will not take either package because I do not drink alcohol nor specialty beverages.  I have signed up for standard booking.  Are you saying that room service will no longer be complimentary if you don't take the specialty packages? I hope I am wrong.

11 minutes ago, travellover3 said:

I am confused.  I will not take either package because I do not drink alcohol nor specialty beverages.  I have signed up for standard booking.  Are you saying that room service will no longer be complimentary if you don't take the specialty packages? I hope I am wrong.

If you take standard fare you can either pay  $5 per room service delivery or $15 to activate the app for your cruise

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

B2B on the Sapphire. On today’s turnaround day, we received this letter in our cabin. 

712691141.534739.thumb.jpeg.42897fbc6ec5b8b6a777c37df11c332d.jpeg

I love the bit about if you have the latest package then enjoy even more perks at no additional cost. It's what you were getting anyway and what everyone used to get at no cost. Talk about twisting words.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

B2B on the Sapphire. On today’s turnaround day, we received this letter in our cabin. 

So Princess are actually waiting until pax board before informing them that they no longer have what they originally purchased - how underhand!

Edited by villauk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, leck57 said:

I love the bit about if you have the latest package then enjoy even more perks at no additional cost. It's what you were getting anyway and what everyone used to get at no cost. Talk about twisting words.

No, even if you’re on the new Plus, it’s less than you were originally getting (restricted to 2 visits now, unlimited previously).

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, villauk said:

No, even if you’re on the new Plus, it’s less than you were originally getting (restricted to 2 visits now, unlimited previously).

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I was just generalising and didn't want to cover every scenario. 

We love Alfredos but because we prefer the dining rooms or specialty restaurants for dinner we were only infrequent visitors there as we don't want a large lunch. If I didn't have Plus, would I pay $14.99 for a meal at Alfredos when there are so many included options about? Nup.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, leck57 said:

I thought the ‘trust us’ was a nice touch. 

‘We would like to extend an invitation to upgrade. trust us……’

Yes yes Princess, sure I’ll trust you, because if I don’t upgrade I won’t get the things I already paid for. Clearly It’s great value 😏

To those on The Sapphire…. Please let us know how well this letter was received if you can. And if there are any fireworks 💥 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

At least they won’t bother the b2b’s for your current cruise.  Bet the crew will have an interesting time.

Thanks for sharing.

On 8/1/2023 at 1:24 PM, Steelers36 said:

You would have to re-fare your booking.  Whether you can do a simple re-fare or have to cancel and re-book is a question for your TA or Princess rep.  Generally, if the Fare Code you are booked under no longer exists as active, you will have to cancel and re-book.  In that case you have to consider what you lose/gain in cruise fare cost, OBC, and need to preserve any EZ-Air booking.

Ezair booking can be lifted from original booking and shifted to the rebooked Cruise. It doesn't need to be rebooked. I've done it multiple times to protect the fare & seats

• Thanks 1

There's an additional wrinkle to this whole Princess Plus -> Princess Plus - 50 -> Princess Plus - 60 transition that I haven't seen anyone ask about yet: what happens with Princess Plus bookings that were made prior to the increased prices for wi-fi and crew appreciation?   

PrincessPlus50program.thumb.jpg.82f88c732d05ed6098016aaebd9c8cd6.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Ezair booking can be lifted from original booking and shifted to the rebooked Cruise. It doesn't need to be rebooked. I've done it multiple times to protect the fare & seats

Right and that is why I mentioned to preserve it.  The lift and shift term is a good one and illustrative.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kamelia said:

There's an additional wrinkle to this whole Princess Plus -> Princess Plus - 50 -> Princess Plus - 60 transition that I haven't seen anyone ask about yet: what happens with Princess Plus bookings that were made prior to the increased prices for wi-fi and crew appreciation?   

PrincessPlus50program.thumb.jpg.82f88c732d05ed6098016aaebd9c8cd6.jpg

Princess makes up the difference in CA.  You still get Medallion Net.  Presume you are talking about $40 Plus.  If guest wants to upgrade, cost is $20/pp/day.  Otherwise, pay for anything not included. 

21 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

The confusion over these new changes seen on CC is really indicative of how poorly they have communicated & implemented these changes.

Being from the UK we can’t re-fare anything. That’s another story though

So, anyone in UK already booked wishing to complain email is:

guestrelationsuk@princesscruises.co.uk

When I said I was querying the impact the new changes to packages has on our already booked cruise Live chat gave me this email address immediately. No engaging in any details. Don’t blame them really.

I’m sending a complaint because those already booked under the old packages or booked standard fare are now getting less than what they booked.

In my mind that basically changing terms and conditions, with no communication from Princess of these changes or on how that impacts us. Additionally for us they have done this with little over 3 weeks notice to our cruise on the 19th.

if I was to book now? That’s different. I can grumble, but I know what I’m getting & it is my choice if I choose a package or not under the new terms. 
and upgrading the packages? Sure, I can do that. And if I don’t I shouldn’t expect extra services like desserts, exercise classes etc. I don’t mind paying for extra. I do mind paying for things I thought I paid for already. That’s the difference.

Once I get onboard I’m going to enjoy my holiday. Hope the atmosphere on Sky is a fun one despite all the complaints I foresee onboard, And I’ll let CC know how Sky Princess first cruise under the new terms go. As well as if this complaint gets me anywhere.

Or indeed, more likely, if all the complaints from prominent vloggers, bloggers, on online forums & social media I'm reading collectively get us anywhere….

update:

have been informed today that the email above is only for POST cruise queries and ‘concerns’.

my email has been passed to a pre cruise support team. They also said to either call or live chat if sailing was close.

as it’s 16 days away I live chatted. And was told they can make changes to t&c’s whenever they need to and they made these changes to, umm *checks notes* reduce food waste

Interesting line to take 😂 

‘if you don’t finish your dinner, at least you paid us for it. Go and waste what you want in the main dining room and buffet though’

sorry. Default response to nonsense is sarcasm. Can’t help it 😂 

anyway I was then told this was an enhancement to services

although they did apologise & say they were sorry I felt like this was not an enhancement to services.  and apologise for the late notice of these ‘enhancements’

After all that am now awaiting a call or email from a team lead 🤔 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

update:

have been informed today that the email above is only for POST cruise queries and ‘concerns’.

my email has been passed to a pre cruise support team. They also said to either call or live chat if sailing was close.

as it’s 16 days away I live chatted. And was told they can make changes to t&c’s whenever they need to and they made these changes to, umm *checks notes* reduce food waste

‘if you don’t finish your dinner, at least you paid us for it. Go and waste what you want in the main dining room and buffet though’

although they did apologise & say they were sorry I felt like this was not an enhancement to services.  and apologise for the late notice of these ‘enhancements’

About all they can do is fall back to their escape clause of being able to make any change anytime.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

update:

Please let us know the response. How they can call it an ‘enhancement’ I will never know!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess makes up the difference in CA.  You still get Medallion Net.  Presume you are talking about $40 Plus.  If guest wants to upgrade, cost is $20/pp/day.  Otherwise, pay for anything not included. 

With all of the "this was included when you booked your package but now it's not" nonsense going on, I just wondered where Princess corporate had decided to draw the line.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

About all they can do is fall back to their escape clause of being able to make any change anytime.

Yes, was definitely fully expecting that.

where I think we have more of a leg to stand on is my argument around the lack of communication about these changes as well as the very short notice.

I suspect a lot of the folk on the Sapphire Princess receiving the letter about the changes had no idea that they existed never mind how these changes will impact them

The food waste comment I was not expecting though!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villauk said:

The only venue that was free but now will cost anything is Alfredo’s / Gigi’s. The rest already had charges. Many ships do not even have this venue 

• Like 1