trying to reprice Early Saver sailing but category is sold out

wxtrix

i saw that my cruise fare has dropped with the current sale. my category is sold out (there are very few cabins in that category), so i can’t run a mock booking. how do i take advantage of the Early Saver price protection of i don’t know the new fare?

i called Carnival and the rep didn’t know how to help me.

thanks for any info.

1 hour ago, iamsteph said:

You can't get the price drop, but you could upgrade! 

we're in a premium balcony on the Pride and all of the suites are sold out.😁i thought about it though, since that's what I did for our NCL cruise this fall.

and thanks everyone! oh well, but we're happy with our cabin and with the fare considering the length and itinerary (14 nights/Greenland and Canada).

Edited by wxtrix
  • Like 2

Just curious, if the cabin is sold out, how do you really know the price has dropped?  The only way to know if there is a price drop would be to do an actual mock booking and compare pricing.

As others have said to get a price match your cabin type must be available at the time you are trying to reprice.  If it is not, they will not price match (as there is nothing to price match too).

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

Just curious, if the cabin is sold out, how do you really know the price has dropped?  The only way to know if there is a price drop would be to do an actual mock booking and compare pricing.

As others have said to get a price match your cabin type must be available at the time you are trying to reprice.  If it is not, they will not price match (as there is nothing to price match too).

there has been a price drop across all categories on my sailing with the latest sale.

When a cabin on a certain deck has been sold out, I have been able to find another cabin on another deck that is still in the same category.  For instance, if I have a mid-ship balcony cabin booked on deck 7 making it 8C, I was able to find a balcony cabin on deck 8 forward that was the same category. Not sure if that will work for your case or not.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

When a cabin on a certain deck has been sold out, I have been able to find another cabin on another deck that is still in the same category.  For instance, if I have a mid-ship balcony cabin booked on deck 7 making it 8C, I was able to find a balcony cabin on deck 8 forward that was the same category. Not sure if that will work for your case or not.

But the op said his category is sold out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wxtrix said:

there has been a price drop across all categories on my sailing with the latest sale.

That’s a good thing. This cruise was way overpriced when it first came out. RCI Jewel of the Seas in Sept. was 1/2 the price, and maybe some jumped ship..LOL My friends did. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

That’s a good thing. This cruise was way overpriced when it first came out. RCI Jewel of the Seas in Sept. was 1/2 the price, and maybe some jumped ship..LOL My friends did. 

t

our cruise goes out September 2024 so I am guessing there will be more price drops and open cabins over the next year.

tbh, i didn't even price shop once I saw that great cabin open--we love the Pride (prefer the older ships) and Baltimore is a 75 minute drive so it all seemed like something we had to do (especially as we had had to cancel a cruise in May and we were disappointed about that).