QM2

GaryEssex

Final update on Queen Mary 2 situation from me , I’m off  heading out for dinner. …

’Captain has just updated us, he couldn’t before as his top priority has been to secure and make this ship safe. By use of anchor and bow thrusters he’s managed to bring the ship to the shore but the other side of the dock . They will now bring on the passengers who were still ashore and then attempt to retrieve part of the gangway that went into the sea. They managed to retrieve one gangway but not the other one. Everyone is safe and thanks to the Captains quick action there has been no casualties.
We will get a further update later on this evening when all inspections have been carried out and the ship is safe to continue with our route to Valencia.’

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Onboard at the moment. It was quite hairy at one point. We were close to 2 cruise ships and a gin palace and ended up horizontal across the port! 
But, no one hurt, no ships damaged (bar QM2 ropes which snapped- saw that happen with my own eyes!) 

currently sailing to Valencia in 9 on the Beaufort scale wind, so choppy doesn’t come close!!! 
hoping to attach a dangling gangway! (Pic from Twitter) 

IMG_1335.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Slc334 said:

Onboard at the moment. It was quite hairy at one point. We were close to 2 cruise ships and a gin palace and ended up horizontal across the port! 
But, no one hurt, no ships damaged (bar QM2 ropes which snapped- saw that happen with my own eyes!) 

currently sailing to Valencia in 9 on the Beaufort scale wind, so choppy doesn’t come close!!! 
hoping to attach a dangling gangway! (Pic from Twitter) 

IMG_1335.jpeg

Thank you for the first hand report, I hope the weather calms down for the rest of your trip. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I see there is a diving support boat beside her in Valencia today. 

Why would QM2 need a diving support boat? Is there underwater damage to investigate? 
QM2 certainly has had her adventures this year!

I see there is a diving support boat beside her in Valencia today. 

Why would QM2 need a diving support boat? Is there underwater damage to investigate? 

They had to check that the Bow thrusters doors were not damaged during the incident. 

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1