Travel agent not responsive -help

Hi, I've booked through Royal many times, but this time decided to go through a travel agent for the perks cause we have 6 cabins. Unfortunately, they are NOT responsive. I call, wait on hold forever, no travel agent available to assist, they will call you back etc. I see a price drop, they don't, so feed up with them.

Is there any way to move the bookings back to Royal. 

I appreciate your help!

47 minutes ago, Blessedwith10 said:

... I see a price drop, they don't, so feed up with them.

Sounds like you have talked to the TA and the TA doesnt see the same price you do. Unfortunately I've seen this too. Even a good TA cant price match unless they see the same prices. I knew the prices were too low and my TA couldnt see the wrong price. 

After being burned by a TA, several times many years ago....I finally took over all bookings for our travel plans, which I enjoy.  She got lazy, with the booking the easy stuff of the international travel plans he needed for his career.  When I tried to use her for our personal travel, she was awful and also unresponsive.  (Must have been too complicated for her).  

So I then started booking all his business travel myself, with really good results.  Enjoyed it so much, I started doing all our personal travel.  It is so much fun to do so, and I am in control, which is important to me.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The TA would need to release the booking. You can try appealing to Royal that the TA is unresponsive and see what they do.

Nope,  contact Royal and tell them your TA is unresponsive.  They can take the booking away from the TA.  We've had to do this twice and that's one reason we don't use a TA anymore

• Like 2

We've had to have Royal transfer bookings to different travel agent for non-contact. But, this isn't non-contact, this is I don't like the travel agent's response, I not sure Royal will strip the cruise for this reason. Better bring some more complaints to the story to help expedite a possible change.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

We've had to have Royal transfer bookings to different travel agent for non-contact. But, this isn't non-contact, this is I don't like the travel agent's response, I not sure Royal will strip the cruise for this reason. Better bring some more complaints to the story to help expedite a possible change.

I'm sorry. I had a typo on my original post and cannot find how to edit it. Anyway, this is more than them not "seeing" the sale price. It's the "no response" that is a problem. I have waited on line for 1.5 hrs, waited hours/days for them to call back to upgrade a booking, still waiting right now. They do not respond in any timely manner. No perks are worth this hassle. 

Thanks, everyone for your responses.

Edited by Blessedwith10
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Blessedwith10 said:

Hi, I've booked through Royal many times, but this time decided to go through a travel agent for the perks cause we have 6 cabins. Unfortunately, they are NOT responsive. I call, wait on hold forever, no travel agent available to assist, they will call you back etc. I see a price drop, they don't, so feed up with them.

I appreciate your help!

Cancel your reservation with the TA and rebook. 

2 hours ago, Blessedwith10 said:

Anyway, this is more than them not "seeing" the sale price. It's the "no response" that is a problem. I have waited on line for 1.5 hrs, waited hours/days for them to call back to upgrade a booking, still waiting right now. They do not respond in any timely manner. No perks are worth this hassle. 

Definitely call Royal,  this sounds exactly like the problem we had and Royal was very cooperative

Many years ago, we had an issue with the "Big Box TA" that I've talked about a few times on this board.  I called RCCL to have them take over my booking and I was told that if I wanted to fire (my term, not theirs) the TA, I would have to contact them and get them to release the booking back to RCCL.  The problem with that is I had $1,800.00 in OBCs and other perks through the TA and I didn't want to lose it/them.  So, I called the TA and told her again about the issue (I always try to talk to the same person at the "Big Box TA" office.  She was more than willing to release the booking but I wasn't, so I got another OBC of $100.00, which was not my goal but it worked and my original issue was taken care of, we kissed and made up LOL.  I'll continue to use the "Big Box TA" and the lady that has been taking care of us for years.  

The moral of the story - issues can come up with TAs but they CAN be worked out and sometimes to your benefit.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Blessedwith10 said:

I appreciate your help!

Call Royal. They will call your TA and they WILL answer