mini fridges - EPIC

crdtrnr

Question..

Which rooms have the mini fridge in them on the Epic?

I know that the balconies do, but what about the studios or insides?

If there is NOT one in the room, can one be requested for medical reasons (insulin)?

Thanks

Edited by crdtrnr

This is a fairly new Epic inside stateroom video tour # 11306 (not ours) - scroll to about 2:20 and you will see the mini refrigerator (absorption design - designed to keep contents 25 to 30 degrees below ambient/room temperature)   Just be sure to check your Rx's temperature & storage requirements and consult your dispensing pharmacy - rather not generalize as there are 20+ brands of insulin in the US alone, and under certain conditions - can be kept at room temperature but per FDA guidelines, refrigeration is recommended. 

If you have other medication storage requirements, contact NCL's Access Desk ahead for help & advice and to have notes amended to your reservations (i.e. bringing single-use syringes)  Sharps container are kept on an upper shelf inside the vanity mirror by the sink, which is inside the main living space by the small sink, the light switch is under the cabinet.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5gr_M7Nqg

On the backwall inside the refrigerator is a rotary temperature adjustment dial, set to the coldest ... as it should help bring it down to 25-30 degree F below ambient / room temperature of about 40 to 45 degrees F, within acceptable range for most insulin products.  

PXL_20230502_140723676.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

I am actually inquiring for a friend who will be travelling on the same cruise as me.  I told her to check with her doctor/pharmacist to find out about the requirements of the insulin.  I will pass this info on to her.

Thanks

• Like 1