Live On Board Arvia K316

DamianG

@DamianG Thanks so much for your cruise diary Damian. It's been a really good read - full of facts, information and fun. You definitely win the Launderette King award for this cruise! I hope your Teddy was as thrilled to see you as you were him. Welcome home. Jane xx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Beckett said:

@DamianG Thanks so much for your cruise diary Damian. It's been a really good read - full of facts, information and fun. You definitely win the Launderette King award for this cruise! I hope your Teddy was as thrilled to see you as you were him. Welcome home. Jane xx

Thanks Jane, here he is, turns 2 tomorrow. We can’t believe how much his fur has grown in 2 weeks.

9B398D71-C975-49B7-B908-31F3E2A6BB63.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you had a safe journey home, and glad that you had a good time.

Thank you for an informative and interesting read of your cruise, along with some lovely photos.

We were on Arvia in May and due on her again next March, although I enjoyed the ship I did not enjoy the hassle of trying to get an evening meal!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 8:52 PM, DamianG said:

Ironing is so yesterday, we’ve used this for the first time last 2 weeks on board & though we suspected it would be just a gimmick it works. I ironed a shirt first night, rest of the time just sprayed them & hung them up to dry. 

Best regards

Damian 

9th Dan, Washing (working towards 10th Dan)

E052D09B-A606-4798-BA9B-42DB1A7ED869.webp

Just purchased one of these for our up coming cruise on Arvia on your recommendation.  £2.49 from Home Bargains..........bargain. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Just purchased one of these for our up coming cruise on Arvia on your recommendation.  £2.49 from Home Bargains..........bargain. 😁

I hope that you have a great cruise and that our negatives haven't put you off in any way. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Welcome home and thanks for the cruise diary. Enjoy your evening meal .. we always enjoy fish and chips infront of the telly. No dressing up and no pager 😀

Beans on toast for us.

Avril

• Like 4

Welcome home @DamianG

I've followed your journey from your first post, and have enjoyed it all, from the Laundry Capers to the strange Noises in the Night. Thank you for taking me on a wonderful cruise with your lovely family

A very honest and impartial review.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Beans on toast for us.

Avril

1 hour ago, elmsliebev said:

a fish finger butty for us!

I could be swayed by a fish finger butty. Not one of those posh ones with mayonnaise and rocket, which a 'gastro pub' charges a tenner for. It has to be buttered 'plastic' white bread, with a bit of tomato ketchup. 

My 'go to' meal after a holiday is usually chips and dippy eggs.😋

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I could be swayed by a fish finger butty. Not one of those posh ones with mayonnaise and rocket, which a 'gastro pub' charges a tenner for. It has to be buttered 'plastic' white bread, with a bit of tomato ketchup. 

That a certain Captain made 😉

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Beans on toast for us.

Avril

2 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

a fish finger butty for us!

31 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Love it 😀 Real food that you don't need a waiter to explain what you are eating 😉

Nowt better than a chip butty that has a dash of red and brown sauce with a hint of 

mustard to enhance your senses ..  Trust me tis good !

Fine-er dining at it's best 

Back to the real world Damian until the next time 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TigerB said:

My son has made sandwiches for his girlfriend with fish fingers and then added lemon curd!😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

accidentally? Did he think it was a particularly free range mayo??

No, it was accidentally. My mother had made the lemon curd and given him some telling him it needed to be used within a few days, so he had been using it and just put it in his girlfriends sandwiches without thinking.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

No, it was accidentally. My mother had made the lemon curd and given him some telling him it needed to be used within a few days, so he had been using it and just put it in his girlfriends sandwiches without thinking.

That explains it!  For a moment there I thought your lad must have been Heston Blumenthal.😯

• Haha 5

On 8/21/2023 at 4:33 PM, purplesea said:

My son has made sandwiches for his girlfriend with fish fingers and then added lemon curd!😲

Fish is usually served with a wedge of lemon. Lemon curd is made with lemons so..................😁 

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 5