How was your stay at the Hilton Martina in Ft. Lauderdale?

LMHSRN

We’re booked at this hotel for our September cruise. I understand there are different price points based on which view you want. I’m pretty sure we’re in one of the cheaper rooms in the annex with not much of a view. 
When will you be staying? 

We've booked this each time we sail from FLL over the years, pre reno and after.  Have always recommended it, but we did have a high floor room with view of the harbour which is our preference to see the ships come in (early....5am ish) from our balcony.  Haven't stayed in any other room so there may be different opinions.  They have a good lobby, pool area, and patio restaurant.  The traditional inside restaurant they used to have is gone and breakfast was offered in a meeting room...however, it was fine.

1 hour ago, PatandStu said:

We’re booked at this hotel for our September cruise. I understand there are different price points based on which view you want. I’m pretty sure we’re in one of the cheaper rooms in the annex with not much of a view. 
When will you be staying? 

December

I stayed here post reno.    The rooms were fine and the service decent (not great but not bad either).    F&B offerings were very limited and the service was SLOW.   And the prices were very high.    That being said, I have stayed at about 4 hotels near the port, and the Hilton was the best.

• Like 2

It was fine for one night. The hotel is nice in parts and not in others, a very cobbled together type property. I was hoping to arrive early enough to use the nearby water taxi but we did not. I wouldn’t pay extra for this property but I wouldn’t avoid it either. The location is very close and nice enough. 

I will say I had an absolutely bizarre experience with their transportation to the cruise pier which was part of my booking. It was eventually sorted out but the man at the front desk was apparently completely unaware they offered such a thing despite being literally across the street from the massive cruise pier and I’m going to bet I wasn’t the first hotel guest who had this as part of their booking (I book everything direct and myself so this wasn’t a Expedia, cruise line or TA mix up). If it’s not part of your booking it’s $8 per person, btw. 

Imo only the Princess pier which is the closest to the hotel is walkable but it’s not out of the question to just walk to your specific terminal though. 

Edited by tigervixxxen

1 hour ago, nps001 said:

I stayed here post reno.    The rooms were fine and the service decent (not great but not bad either).    F&B offerings were very limited and the service was SLOW.   And the prices were very high.    That being said, I have stayed at about 4 hotels near the port, and the Hilton was the best.

There is a new restaurant at the Hilton Marina, which required an expansion to the existing Hotel.  The hotel is open and looks very nice.

image.thumb.png.b1902bd8235d865c5898ca1c4043259f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have stayed at Hilton Marina Hotel several times - pre and post reno.  Always found the food choices limited and at the bar at night it is hard to sind a seat and food is not especially good.  Also the last two times the breakfast room was closed and we ate outside which was okay.  I am inteested in looking at their new restaurant shown in a previous file.  

Recently we have stayed at the Renaissance which is just a short walk from Hilton and it was fine. Bar and food was pretty good but the rooms are nothing to speak of.

Both are pricey but we like the location for water taxi and also Einstein's Bagel and Boatyard and shopping.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spammie said:

Overpriced and the rudest staff we have ever encountered at any hotel.  Never again!

Sorry to hear......What happened that they were rude??  We've stayed numerous times without incident.  Yes pricey, but most hotels around the pier, with any kind of restoration, are so we accept the increase(s) over time.  Wouldn't put up with rudeness, but wouldn't condemn the hotel for it either.  Speaking to senior mgmt might help OR a direct letter to President's Office (maybe file 'G') but sometimes they listen if you politely name names and occurrance.

On 8/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, ohiojohn said:

There is a new restaurant at the Hilton Marina, which required an expansion to the existing Hotel.  The hotel is open and looks very nice.

image.thumb.png.b1902bd8235d865c5898ca1c4043259f.png

Hopefully this is a nice restaurant area...we had to use the patio for dinner and the conference room for breakfast as they said this was on the way.  When was this done?  We were there last Nov. and really didn't notice any major construction. 

42 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Hopefully this is a nice restaurant area...we had to use the patio for dinner and the conference room for breakfast as they said this was on the way.  When was this done?  We were there last Nov. and really didn't notice any major construction. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/olive-and-sea-no-title

open now, we will be there for a Dec 9 stay, for a cruise on Dec 10.