Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

30 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Actually, you’ll be able to be green once they ship to Canada.  
Except you’ll have to buy the beverage package, as you can no longer pay $10 to have it shipped.

Unless, that changes!  Standby..😳

The poster already stated that they have a plus package so drinks are already taken care of

14 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Currently have 7 future cruises booked on Princess and 2 on Celebrity.  You need to make sure you're comparing an apple to an apple when it comes to cabin type and ship type.  We only cruise on the newer ships in each fleet.  We'll be on the Beyond in November and 7 times on Princess, on the Enchanted, Discovery and Sun between August of 2024 and August of 2025.

When everything is equal, our Princess sailings are cheaper with the Plus package and the basic all included on X.

I think it depends on itinerary. Our cruise next year on X to Japan has more days and was less than Princess, both with the drinks package when we priced it out. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We got it.  What a joke!  $14.95 (nominal charge, according to them) ha!) for a couple of slices of pizza at Alfredos'!  

This is getting ridiculous.

Actually 12 for just a whole pizza. The higher amount is for the appetizer, main(either Pizza or Pasta where available) and desert.

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

and we didn't really like the pizza at Alfredo's on the Regal - so it won't be hard to limit it to two visits on our next cruise.

Don't know if the Regal has the updated menu at Alfredo's, but if they do, the calzone is substantially better than the pizza in my DH's opinion.  He had about 10 of them over our 14 nights each on the Discovery and the Majestic.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Except you’ll have to buy the beverage package, as you can no longer pay $10 to have it shipped.

So I bought the package but, obviously, can’t have it shipped which should mean that I have a $10pp (x7) credit coming my way - enough there for pizza to share at Alfredo’s 😏

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Yep, me too. Got all excited and then realised the information was out of date 🤦‍♀️:

• Complete the OceanReady® travel checklist to give you Green Lane access. That means less waiting and faster check-in!
  • Queues – who wants them? Not us. Which is why we had you choose an arrival window in the MedallionClass® app. We limit entry into the terminal to your assigned time to streamline the experience.

And whatever we do, we will not gain access to the Green Lane 🙄.

It's unreal that they ever put out this fantasy view of the check-in other than at the initial launch during Covid.  Medallions are coming to Canada, UK, Australia, NZ.

ETA:  We may never know their full intentions.  The whole process was invented due to the pandemic and may have been a response to CDC recommendations for returning to sea.

Edited by Steelers36

50 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you!  So much misinformation being passed around and after a while everyone believes it’s gospel.  An entire pizza, enough for two people, is $12.00.  Or, get pizza on Lido deck for free.  I don’t like these changes either, but let’s keep it real.

And sorry to inform you that still another incorrect figure which was on the draft menus.  Reports from a pre-Royal Class ship and a Royal Class ship indicate that Pizza a la carte is $8.50.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They've been promising shipping to Canada since last Fall...

Actually it goes back about 2 years.  Perhaps they have a different definition of a promise.  Now they say it is really coming for sure.  We shall see.  It's not like they need a whole new process.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, villauk said:

So I bought the package but, obviously, can’t have it shipped which should mean that I have a $10pp (x7) credit coming my way - enough there for pizza to share at Alfredo’s 😏

No.  You must be kidding, right?  A single $10 credit is possible.  Medallions are shipped together - one charge to the person ordering.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Actually it goes back about 2 years.  Perhaps they have a different definition of a promise.  Now they say it is really coming for sure.  We shall see.  It's not like they need a whole new process.

That's obvious. They "promised" a lot of people various perks and have now snatched them away. Not my version of a promise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

And sorry to inform you that still another incorrect figure which was on the draft menus.  Reports from a pre-Royal Class ship and a Royal Class ship indicate that Pizza a la carte is $8.50.

Thank you for correcting me!  I guess folks should be a bit happier that it’s actually lower than previously reported.  As always, you’re on top of things!

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

nope

an appetizer

a whole pizza / pasta

desert - tiramisu 

The thing is, I don't want a whole meal at Alfredo's.  Probably just a piece or two of pizza after an excursion or  a snack.  Plus, it's still just another extra charge restaurant. But, thanks for the correction.  I think I was so mad at the 'nominal' charge that I just didn't read the whole thing.  And then to try to make it sound like it's some great added benefit!

Edited by Nebr.cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No.  You must be kidding, right?  A single $10 credit is possible.  Medallions are shipped together - one charge to the person ordering.

Yes, the chances of any credits are definitely pie in the sky.

2 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

The thing is, I don't want a whole meal at Alfredo's.  Probably just a piece or two of pizza after an excursion or  a snack.  Plus, it's still just another extra charge restaurant.

We would go to Slices for that in any case.  Wouldn't be interested in sitting down, placing an order, waiting, etc.  Just grab it from Slices for a quick snack.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, the chances of any credits are definitely pie in the sky.

I was correcting the dollar amount you had indicated.  Many folks have received $10 credit after purchasing Plus on board using OBC.  It has not been clear from every post, but was from a couple.  They should not be giving each of the two guests $10 since there is one shipping fee involved (normally).  If each of the two guests buying Plus/Premier on board gets $10 credit, that is a bonus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I think we are done with Princess after this cruise. They should have grandfathered bookings and started their new program with new bookings. 

With much respect, I hope you find the cruise line that best makes you happy.  You are spending your money on something you should enjoy without hesitation.

As for me and others I've read on this board, the $5 or $15 upcharge wouldn't deter us from Princess, as our price sensitivity on a cruise vacation far exceeds this nominal amount, an amount that's less than the cost of an Uber ride from the airport!  Princess still offers a solid relative value.

However, it appears from reading so many comments on this board, that there are those so minutely price sensitive that $5 or $15 may have prompted them to not only quit Princess, but I'm assuming any number of other companies, maybe their local gas station, or maybe from buying girl scout cookies.  To each their own.

On the matter of grandfathering-in older standard bookings to that they wouldn't be subject to the changes: that would be a flat-out operational nightmare for on-board staff, the IT department, and the Princess company....a mess that would drag-out deep into next year.  As a practical matter, as someone who has had to implement such things, its better to establish the implementation date and live with the short-term griping, it will all pass.....but nonetheless remains a hot topic now, as dress-code blathering on this board isn't as interesting to read as these arguments.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

The thing is, I don't want a whole meal at Alfredo's.  Probably just a piece or two of pizza after an excursion or  a snack.  Plus, it's still just another extra charge restaurant. But, thanks for the correction.  I think I was so mad at the 'nominal' charge that I just didn't read the whole thing.  And then to try to make it sound like it's some great added benefit!

A slice or two can be obtained up on Lido at Slice.  The "added benefit" would be the inclusion of the other casual venues such as Salty Dog or O'Malleys that were previously charged for and now would be included twice per sailing for package holders.  The downfall of course is the twice is for 4 day or 24 day cruises.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It's unreal that they ever put out this fantasy view of the check-in other than at the initial launch during Covid.  Medallions are coming to Canada, UK, Australia, NZ.

ETA:  We may never know their full intentions.  The whole process was invented due to the pandemic and may have been a response to CDC recommendations for returning to sea.

They just promised it again in the July 27th webinar!  That’s from the VP’s mouth!  It’s coming…really!  😂

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They have re-packaged things for the website since the roll-out webinar.  In that webinar, it was much clearer about the various types of casual dining.  When I poke around the dining pages, they seem to pretty much hide and ignore all the for-fee dining places and don't list them.  They've got Salty Dog, O'Malley's, etc under SD section and they specifically were calling those Casual Dining now and not SD.  

I think it is another left-hand/right-hand thing - or they are re-branding the groups without correcting themselves.  I was going by the webinar information, plus a document summarizing the dining options.  All I can say.

That was my confusion. Glad to see we are on the same page, so to speak. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, memoak said:

Once you’ve had Plus you can never go back. Kind of like full suites 

Not so. We've booked Plus every time we've cruised since it came out. We were booked in a Lido deck balcony on Grand Princess for 32 days with Plus this coming fall. However, we added on 31 days to the front end of the cruise and booked those days in an inside cabin with no package.

Will we miss Plus? You can bet your butt we will but we got the extra 31 days of food, lodging, and entertainment for the same cost as the original flight to Melbourne and the cost of the hotel there for one night. We will "suffer through" without Plus for the first 31 days of the cruise. It may well make the last 32 days with the large balcony and the Plus fare seem even better when we get to that point.

• Like 5