Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What if guest one orders prix fixe and the other just a beer?  They can sit there.  Are they going to stop that guest from snagging a piece of pizza? 

I am not looking to game a system, but I do think to suggest zero sharing at all doesn't seem logical.

Good points. I wondered if they would automatically count both guests for a visit and that only one was ordering would not avoid this 'double visit'. However, your point about one ordering pizza and the other just ordering a drink makes a lot of sense.

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess need to update the literature they are leaving in the rooms currently! This is in the room on Sapphire today - delivery always free?

Delivery is always free.

However, ordering is what costs you $14.99 the first time you do soi.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ldtr said:

4 hours ago, ldtr said:

Maybe they offer what Princess cruisers have actually liked, accompanied to someone new to the line talking about how Princess is their new favorite complaining how bad it is.

Too funny.

You come to Princess then want to change it to the lines you left.

I never said I wanted to change anything about the inferior offerings at the lunch buffet on the Royal Class ships except that it would be nice to have a grilled option similar to X.  That's it, cut and dried.  You're on one side of the line in the sand proudly waving the Princess flag, while I'm standing on the other side of the line and this time I'm the one who's laughing.

You enjoy the inferior lunch buffet, when we're on the Enchanted, we'll be at Gigi's each port day, even if we have to pay.  Embarkation and sea days it's the MDR.  Hopefully they'll improve the offerings on the Sphere Class for lunch.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I never said I wanted to change anything about the inferior offerings at the lunch buffet on the Royal Class ships except that it would be nice to have a grilled option similar to X.  That's it, cut and dried.  You're on one side of the line in the sand proudly waving the Princess flag, while I'm standing on the other side of the line and this time I'm the one who's laughing.

You enjoy the inferior lunch buffet, when we're on the Enchanted, we'll be at Gigi's each port day, even if we have to pay.  Embarkation and sea days it's the MDR.  Hopefully they'll improve the offerings on the Sphere Class for lunch.

too funny

As far as change you certainly said that it was inferior because it did not have the same grilling options as X. Thst certainly sounds like it is what you would prefer.

I belive that you did say that the reason why Princess cruisers like the buffet is because they do not know what other cruise lines are doing.

It might just be because they like the buffet, it's variety, it's ethnic foods it's carving stations.  

Inferior is your opinion

Others including people like us that do more days in other lines like it.

Surprise Princess may actually be providing what their passengers want.

But then you were telling Princess cruisers what they should embrace before you ever set foot on a Princess ship. 

Edited by ldtr

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

Inferior is your opinion

Others including people like us that do more days in other lines like it.

Surprise Princess may actually be providing what their passengers want.

But then you were telling Princess cruisers what they should embrace before you ever set foot on a Princess ship. 

1. yes, inferior is my opinion because I am comparing it to what I have seen on other mainstream lines.

2. I also do more days on other lines, have 4 cruises on Princess, 51 on other lines.

3. No, what I think what many Princess passengers want is not to be charged at Alfredo's, not have to pay for room service, not have to pay for the Ocean Now activation, have package cruisers not be relegated to only 2 casual visits whether their cruise is 7 or 24 days and receive a simple email letting them know about all of the changes.

4. No, I never said anything before I ever set foot on a Princess ship, unless you're referring to the Sphere Class, which no one has set foot on yet.  I was just comparing my personal experience on 28 days cruising on two different Royal Class ships and lamenting the fact that the buffet items did not contain any cooked to order options for lunch unlike some of their competitors.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

1. yes, inferior is my opinion because I am comparing it to what I have seen on other mainstream lines.

2. I also do more days on other lines, have 4 cruises on Princess, 51 on other lines.

3. No, what I think what many Princess passengers want is not to be charged at Alfredo's, not have to pay for room service, not have to pay for the Ocean Now activation, have package cruisers not be relegated to only 2 casual visits whether their cruise is 7 or 24 days and receive a simple email letting them know about all of the changes.

4. No, I never said anything before I ever set foot on a Princess ship, unless you're referring to the Sphere Class, which no one has set foot on yet.  I was just comparing my personal experience on 28 days cruising on two different Royal Class ships and lamenting the fact that the buffet items did not contain any cooked to order options for lunch unlike some of their competitors.

There are several posts that you made back in the Sun stream when it was discussed about Princess changing its culture and implementing a class system on the Sun that Princess cruisers should embrace the change, well before you set foot on a Princess ship and even experienced the impact.

Now still before the Sun is launched you apparently like the culture because as you put it, it is your new favorite line.

Again inferior in your opinion. Maybe not for those that like it's variety and it's offerings.  On some other lines the buffet changes very little from day to day and gets rather tedious very quickly. But then again based upon the handful of times that you have eaten there for dinner that would not have any impact.

I have no disagreement with what you like I could care less. I do disagree when you post that cruisers that like Princess, including its buffet style only do because they do not know what the other lines are doing.

Talking about Alfredos RCCl just had a major price increase for its casual dining. So Princess just seems to be following the changes like the other mass market brands.

Edited by ldtr

13 hours ago, ldtr said:

I belive that you did say that the reason why Princess cruisers like the buffet is because they do not know what other cruise lines are doing.

It might just be because they like the buffet, it's variety, it's ethnic foods it's carving stations.  

Inferior is your opinion

We are Platinum on Princess and Elite Plus on X. To us, the Princess buffet is inferior. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Projunior said:

We are Platinum on Princess and Elite Plus on X. To us, the Princess buffet is inferior. 

We are Platinum on Princess,  Elite Plus on X, Diamond+ on RCI, SAPPHIRE on NCL, Copper on HAL and Diamond on MSC.

Why do you consider Princess buffet inferior? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Some of us are tired of waiting over an hour to sit down for a pizza or an hour for room service to arrive and stepping over piles of dishes in hallways

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Projunior said:

That fine. Each can have their own opinion. No disagreement on that. '

X has some things that Princess does not which one prefers is up to the individual.

The point of contention is when they  stated that the only reason Princess Loyalists like the buffet is because they do know what other cruise lines are doing 

Which is a bit insulting both with the using labels and implying that the only reason why people might like it is because they do not know better.

If they had stuck to in their opinion one was better I would not have said a word.

We sail around a hundred days per year, with less than half on Princess. Each brand and line has its advantages and disadvantages. Part of the attraction with sailing different lines (in addition to the need for different itineraries) is the differences.  In the next 12 months we will be on 8 different lines. With ship sizes from 50 to 5000.

For example we find the on Oceania to be far superior than any mass market lines. But I would not label another lines as being inferior and then post if someone disagreed that they were lacking in knowing what other lines are doing.

2 hours ago, Projunior said:

Not having sailed other cruise lines for a long time I suppose I might be missing out on some better buffets. 

Can you highlight some of the things we're missing out on?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Not having sailed other cruise lines for a long time I suppose I might be missing out on some better buffets. 

Can you highlight some of the things we're missing out on?

The buffets on X has more make to order options. such as a grill area. Tends to be more americanized (my opinion) which may appeal to some. 

Where as Princess tend to have more Asian foods, curries, etc and more day to day variety from what I have seen.

Depends upon what one is looking for.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

The buffets on X has more make to order options. such as a grill area. Tends to be more americanized (my opinion) which may appeal to some. 

Where as Princess tend to have more Asian foods, curries, etc and more day to day variety from what I have seen.

Depends upon what one is looking for.

Thanks. 

We're pretty much satisfied on the choices offered on the Royal class ships although the Grand class ships do leave a lot to be desired.

It's still nice to know what's happening on the other lines. 

After reading one-time OceanNow fee of $14.99, and only Room Service orders made by phone would be charged $5, here we are.

Did Princess change their minds or did the webinar incorrect information?

Edit - Page 4 mentions the additional $5 fee for OceanNow orders

Page 5 says one time $14.99 fee (no mention of $5 fee).

Clear as mud.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 12.21.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 12.32.10 PM.png

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

After reading one-time OceanNow fee of $14.99, and only Room Service orders made by phone would be charged $5, here we are.

or is this new sheet in error? Only time will tell and then it will change again.

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Edit - Page 4 mentions the additional $5 fee for OceanNow orders

Page 5 says one time $14.99 fee (no mention of $5 fee).

Clear as mud.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 12.32.10 PM.png

They also mentioned that this just rolled out so there would be changes / growing pains... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Are the soft chicken street tacos gone too?  No mention of them.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 1.13.38 PM.png

Or more likely that they'd not list all of the options. Just the main focus.

10 hours ago, ldtr said:

There are several posts that you made back in the Sun stream when it was discussed about Princess changing its culture and implementing a class system on the Sun that Princess cruisers should embrace the change, well before you set foot on a Princess ship and even experienced the impact.

Now still before the Sun is launched you apparently like the culture because as you put it, it is your new favorite line.

Again inferior in your opinion. Maybe not for those that like it's variety and it's offerings.  On some other lines the buffet changes very little from day to day and gets rather tedious very quickly. But then again based upon the handful of times that you have eaten there for dinner that would not have any impact.

I have no disagreement with what you like I could care less. I do disagree when you post that cruisers that like Princess, including its buffet style only do because they do not know what the other lines are doing.

Talking about Alfredos RCCl just had a major price increase for its casual dining. So Princess just seems to be following the changes like the other mass market brands.

Princess is late to the ship within a ship concept.  NCL, RCI, MSC and X have all had it for years.  I made my comments on the Sun thread that the old guard Princess cruiser needs to accept change and go with the flow.  There are many old school Princess cruisers that have not cruised on the Royal ships or maybe they did once and don't like it.  If they are against the Royal Class and the changes it brought to the cruise line then more than likely they won't cruise on the Sphere Class.  Either way, it really doesn't matter. 

It is very similar to old school Carnival cruisers that don't like the Excel Class ships because they are too big and have too many cruisers.  It's safe to assume that these cruisers have never sailed on the newer builds of NCL and RCI.  Many have said that Carnival was behind the times and stagnant with their builds.  The result was the implementation of the Excel Class.

It could be said that Princess is taking a page out of Carnival's playbook with the implementation of a substantially larger class of ship.   Yet instead of what Carnival has done with the Excel Class, Princess is implementing the ship within a ship concept and at the same time having about 2000 less passengers on board.  I think it's going to be a real nice class of ship.  If the old school Princess cruiser disagrees, they still have a plethora of options in the fleet to choose from.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Some of us are tired of waiting over an hour to sit down for a pizza or an hour for room service to arrive and stepping over piles of dishes in hallways

We hate the long wait at Gigi's/Alfredo's as well on certain days for lunch.  The changes should hopefully make the wait to be less.  The only problem we have is the two time visit rule being the same no matter the length of your cruise.

We don't utilize room service, so it doesn't matter to us.

• Haha 1