FBC Flight Change

wrk2cruise

Before we start I wouldn't have used FBC except that it was over $2000 less pp than the airlines for a TA in March.  We wouldn't take the TA with the prices the airlines are charging.

We had a 11:40 BCN -> LHR -> RDU on AA.   There is only 1 direct flight from LHR to RDU daily.  AA has moved that departure from 2:30 pm to 9:30 am.

Today I received notification from FBC that there was some sort of change and we will be notified at some point in the future what those changes are.   I immediately went to the AA site and can see that they now have us on BCN ->LHR ->ORD->RDU adding an additional stop.  There are a couple of 1 stop alternatives BCN->JFK->RDU and BCN->MIA->RDU which would be much better.

Has anyone been successful with calling them now and getting them to request the alternate flight.   Yes I know this would be easy if I had booked direct with the airline.   But again $2k pp difference in price.   I'd like to get this change confirmed sooner than later as they are Premium Economy and available seats are limited.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Before we start I wouldn't have used FBC except that it was over $2000 less pp than the airlines for a TA in March.  We wouldn't take the TA with the prices the airlines are charging.

We had a 11:40 BCN -> LHR -> RDU on AA.   There is only 1 direct flight from LHR to RDU daily.  AA has moved that departure from 2:30 pm to 9:30 am.

Today I received notification from FBC that there was some sort of change and we will be notified at some point in the future what those changes are.   I immediately went to the AA site and can see that they now have us on BCN ->LHR ->ORD->RDU adding an additional stop.  There are a couple of 1 stop alternatives BCN->JFK->RDU and BCN->MIA->RDU which would be much better.

Has anyone been successful with calling them now and getting them to request the alternate flight.   Yes I know this would be easy if I had booked direct with the airline.   But again $2k pp difference in price.   I'd like to get this change confirmed sooner than later as they are Premium Economy and available seats are limited.

Hi Royce, We had a similar situation a number of years ago with tickets thru FBC on Delta.  We called Delta directly and we were able to make the changes without going through FBC.  Our suggestion would be to try American first and, if no luck, then go through FBC.  Best of luck.

Mike and Mary

13 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Hi Royce, We had a similar situation a number of years ago with tickets thru FBC on Delta.  We called Delta directly and we were able to make the changes without going through FBC.  Our suggestion would be to try American first and, if no luck, then go through FBC.  Best of luck.

Mike and Mary

This is the best approach to start with. See if you can change your flight without calling either through the AA app or website. If you can’t DIY just call and say you had a schedule change and need to adjust flights. Don’t mention anything else. 

• Like 1

We had a flight change we didn’t like and there was an easier option at the same price.  AA wouldn’t change as the reservation was not ticketed ( before final payment).

Called FBC and agent said they would have to ask approval to change it would be 24-48 hours before we would know.  Less than 24 hours later our new flights showed on AA.  It was a day later that we got notified by FBC that the change had been made.

We had the same thing happen to us many years ago, but it wasn’t through . We had booked a flight several years ago but it wasn’t ideal flight as the one we wanted was several hundred dollars per person more. I did some investigating and found an article stating that if your flight is changed by three hours, or more, you can change to one that works better for you, free of charge. We called the airline and got our ideal flight, which had risen in price, without paying a penny.

All set.   Found a United return which was better than any replacement AA flights and was $100 less pp.   Called FBC wait time of about 1 minute and the lovely agent rebooked within 15 minutes and got us great seat assignments.

59 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

All set.   Found a United return which was better than any replacement AA flights and was $100 less pp.   Called FBC wait time of about 1 minute and the lovely agent rebooked within 15 minutes and got us great seat assignments.

Great News!  So glad it all worked out for you!

Mike and Mary