Medallion Shipping to Canada - Finally

ceilidh1

3 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@ceilidh1 Thanks for sending out this update. However, since Canadians have always had to pick up medallions at the port, I think I will just keep doing it this way. Doesn't really take too much time to line up to get it. I know how the drill works at Canada Place - so well! 

I sure wouldn't put much faith in Canada Post!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Canadians can start ordering medallions to ship September 25th!

YAY!!

image.jpeg.b38639f32627129d2f7277a6d8351911.jpeg

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

$15USD shipping if no plus/premiere package

BOO!!!

Ludicrous to charge us 50% more.  But am I surprised?  No. 

No justification whatsoever to boost the charge in USD.  Perhaps they meant CAD.  

Oh, forget that thought - @Thrak posted they were quite definite about the amount.  Still a terrible ripoff as it doesn't cost 50% more to send to Canada.  If they reduced the waste packaging, they could do it for less.  Humph!!

Edited by Steelers36

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

YAY!!

BOO!!!

No justification whatsoever to boost the charge in USD.  Perhaps they meant CAD.

Sadly, no. They even clarified it was in USD when someone raised that question...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Delivery to Canada will cost $15 USD.  They were very clear that the price is in USD.

I guess for PE departures, I can continue to "beat the system" and continue to have Medallions shipped to our pre-cruise hotel in FLL. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

YAY!!

BOO!!!

Oh, forget that thought - @Thrak posted they were quite definite about the amount.  Still a terrible ripoff as it doesn't cost 50% more to send to Canada.  If they reduced the waste packaging, they could do it for less.  Humph!!

FWIW I buy a LOT of stuff from the US, and shipping costs from south of the border have absolutely exploded in the last few years. Shipping the same item, over the same distance, between the US and Canada, and between from the US two points in Canada, is far more expensive if coming from the US. Actually, I would have estimated that the $US15 for the Medallion package is probably not that far off the "normal" shipping rate. I've recently been quoted $US65 for a small-ish box shipped up here from LA, for example.  Ebay is off my list for excessive shipping costs, and that's why I love Amazon Prime so much, for it's free shipping.  Is the Medallion still shipped in a boxed package the way the original marketing videos showed a few years ago?

Edited by lx200gps
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Delivery to Canada will cost $15 USD.  They were very clear that the price is in USD.

For that price and a couple of minutes to pickup at port...seems a no brainer to not do delivery...but it's great we can get it ahead of time now if we want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW I buy a LOT of stuff from the US, and shipping costs from south of the border have absolutely exploded in the last few years. Shipping the same item, over the same distance, between the US and Canada, and between from the US two points in Canada, is far more expensive if coming from the US. Actually, I would have estimated that the $US15 for the Medallion package is probably not that far off the "normal" shipping rate. I've recently been quoted $US65 for a small-ish box shipped up here from LA, for example.  Ebay is off my list for excessive shipping costs, and that's why I love Amazon Prime so much, for it's free shipping.  Is the Medallion still shipped in a boxed package the way the original marketing videos showed a few years ago?

I think so as I seem to recall a post or two about all the packaging.  I know they want to make an impression on new guests, but we old-timers could do with a plain brown bubble envelope. 

Yes, I know shipping costs by any sort of speed courier are up there, but USPS shouldn't be that bad.  

Okay.  Wow.  I stand corrected.  Looks like at least $15.75, unless Canada gets a break.  USPS just seems to bulk quote international and I always thought Canada was better.  And it could be PCL is not just using USPS.  They may be getting some bulk rates as they probably have figured out to send a bulk batch across the border each week and a company in Windsor, ON, or Fort Erie, ON, or Niagara Falls, ON, could be then forwarding in Canada Post.  No idea, but we might understand more when guests actually start receiving them.

I would say you could USPS Medallion box for less than $10 in USA domestic.

It is what it is I suppose.  We always have to pay a premium up here.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No justification whatsoever to boost the charge in USD.

Take it back.  Other than bulk shipping savings, charging $15 USD per shipment doesn't seem out of line when you look at details on USPS (which IDK if they will use them or not).

I guess for PE departures, I can continue to "beat the system" and continue to have Medallions shipped to our pre-cruise hotel in FLL. 

This option is still there, but $5 isn't a big deal.  I would probably prefer to have Medallion in hand again for next time we go out of PE until I see for myself how the lines flow under the new system.  (If not going to go for Sanctuary, it doesn't really matter to me at all).

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

We do as well (buy lot in US), but mostly when we are IN the US.  Have you seen some of the ridiculous pricing for items on Amazon.ca that are obviously from US sellers and sometimes a $10 item is $100 and I wonder who on drugs is going to actually order the thing?  No free shipping from Amazon.com to Canada.  But we certainly take advantage when down in FL.  We have Amazon Prime in Canada and turn on in USA when go down.

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We do as well (buy lot in US), but mostly when we are IN the US.  Have you seen some of the ridiculous pricing for items on Amazon.ca that are obviously from US sellers and sometimes a $10 item is $100 and I wonder who on drugs is going to actually order the thing?  No free shipping from Amazon.com to Canada.  But we certainly take advantage when down in FL.  We have Amazon Prime in Canada and turn on in USA when go down.

Quite sure that's true, Amazon.com is a different beast entirely and I hardly ever use them. When I use Amazon, which I do a hundred+ times a year, it's always from .ca. I still get free shipping, even when the item has to be physically sent from the US, which happens about 10% of the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

$5 savings will buy a specialty coffee!  Unless it goes up again!

🥴 🎈 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

First timer here. So the medallions are shipped via USPS/Canada Post and not UPS, FedEx, etc.?

We don't know how they are going to do Canada.  I have heard of FedEx in US and my last one to US was FedEx in fall 2019.  Otherwise, was Europe.

We don't know how they are going to do Canada.  I have heard of FedEx in US and my last one to US was FedEx in fall 2019.  Otherwise, was Europe.

They'll be using Canada Post

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Most of the time it’s USPS in the US, at least my cruises in 2022 & 2023.

The packaging is very small box holding the OM and lanyard in a small white bubble envelope with a blue seawitch. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Canadians can start ordering medallions to ship September 25th!

I think the finally is ... princess wasn't doing it when the shipping was free for the customer.

Now that princess is charging, they are happy to charge canadians!

I have the Plus and my cruises are in CDN$.  On each of cruises on my Travel Summary it shows for delivery they are charging on the Plus per person - 

14 days - $18.06

7 day - $9.45

16 days - $21.60

12 days - $16.20

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have the Plus and my cruises are in CDN$.  On each of cruises on my Travel Summary it shows for delivery they are charging on the Plus per person - 

14 days - $18.06

7 day - $9.45

16 days - $21.60

12 days - $16.20

That’s odd, as it doesn’t start until Sep 25th.  
Did this just show up on yiur Travel summary?  Or, was it old information?

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s odd, as it doesn’t start until Sep 25th.  
Did this just show up on yiur Travel summary?  Or, was it old information?

This is what shows up on my Travel Summary for each of my cruises under Special Services.  They list the costs for each item on the Plus  I have - MedallionNet WiFi, Crew appreciation, Plus Beverage + juice bar, Premium desserts, Fitness Classes, DND Free Medallion Shipping, OBC I purchased.

I did not have Plus before, I only purchased Plus July 27 when they announced the new $ charges.

Edited by phabric