Booking Advice

Oakman

Plan on booking a back to back on Enchanted Princess May 2024. I noticed that you can book the entire trip as one 14 day trip. The cabin selection is not as favorable, as when you book each segment separately. Is there any benefit to booking the whole trip as a one 14 day trip versus 2 separate 7 day trips? The cabin I want is available as 2 seven days versus no availability on the 14 day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you a shareholder?  Check to see the difference you will get for OBC.  If you book as a 14 day then you can only take advantage of price drops on the 14 day cruise.  If you book them separately then you can check for price drops on each segment.  Can you get the same cabin if you book separately?  If not then on turnaround day you will have to change cabins.  We have done it.  Not as favorable but not a bigee either.

I can get the same cabin if booked separately. It its a Mini Suite on Deck 10 with the large angled balcony. Not available on 14 night booking. Plus, it is $80.00 cheaper booking separately!!

I'm confused.  In your OP you said the cain selection is not as favorable when you book each separately but your next post talks about an angled balcony mini suite that is less expensive booking separately.  Sounds like a great cabin!  We once had an angled balcony (not mini suite) and loved it.  Had to move 4 doors down for the second cruise and missed having the large balcony.

I booked our upcoming 26 day cruise as  2 cruises. It was only a dollar cheaper separately but we got more obc for my DH's military service, more promo obc, 2 mini bar set ups, etc. We will have the same cabin for both segments. 

I always book separately to provide more flexibility. I don't worry too much about the small difference plus or minus in cost. Once on board your booking(s) are treated as one with a single billing at the end of your time on board. Your medallion will have your initial embarkation date and your final disembarkation date.

On the money/benefit side:

In addition to the fares check the OBC, two 7day vs one 14 day. There is a difference in the military or shareholder's benefit. There could be differences in Princess' promo OBC as well as T.A's OBC. 

A plus fare will get you 2 casual dining per booking number, ie 4 casual dining if booked as two cruises vs 2 if booked as one. Premier fare is similar for specialty restaurants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oakman said:

Plan on booking a back to back on Enchanted Princess May 2024. I noticed that you can book the entire trip as one 14 day trip. The cabin selection is not as favorable, as when you book each segment separately. Is there any benefit to booking the whole trip as a one 14 day trip versus 2 separate 7 day trips? The cabin I want is available as 2 seven days versus no availability on the 14 day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like your best bet is to book the 2 cruises, 7 days each.  

If the price is similar, you have more flexibility, in case of fare changes, air booking, etc.  We do the b2b’s usually, unless it’s 

higher to do so.

Also, you’ll have the same cabin and better choice of cabins, in your case if you book it as two 7 day cruises.

Won’t make any difference either on the App, as it will show one cruise, even though you book it as 2. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

If you plan to use Princess EZAir, the two bookings give you more flexibility. You will then book two one-way flights - one to the ship for the first booking and one from the ship for the second booking. You can then change one flight if a better option or lower fare becomes available without touching the other one. If you book a round trip on a single booking, then you can't change just one direction later.

Military or Shareholder OBC is $250 for one 14-night cruise or $200 total for two 7-night cruises, so that is a small saving for the 14-night cruise.

As stated by others, Princess Plus casual dining or Princess Premier specialty restaurants give advantages to booking two 7-night cruises. The Elite minibar setup would be the same for both - you receive a new setup for each leg even if you don't book them separately.

The cabin choice may be more important than any small savings from booking the other way.

• Like 1

I faced the same dilemma with an Alaska cruise for May 2024. I could book as a 14 day or two 7 day cruises.  

It was a little less as a 14 day and I will get $50 more shareholder OBC.  The only negative is that cabin choice was very limited. It seems they designate fewer cabins for the 14 day even though there were still lots more available for both segments.

I was pleasantly surprised that I will get 2 cruise credits for the 14 day. 

On 8/25/2023 at 6:43 AM, Oakman said:

I can get the same cabin if booked separately. It its a Mini Suite on Deck 10 with the large angled balcony. Not available on 14 night booking. Plus, it is $80.00 cheaper booking separately!!

Be aware if you are talking about the two larger mini suites on Deck 10, those are accessible cabins, You will see it in the description on the deck plan..  If you are not handicapped you will be moved if they need the accessible cabin for someone who is.  Had this happen a long time ago on the Regal.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:43 AM, Oakman said:

No brainer.  Book separately.

Edited by Steelers36

On 8/25/2023 at 6:48 AM, dickinson said:

I'm confused.  In your OP you said the cain selection is not as favorable when you book each separately but your next post talks about an angled balcony mini suite that is less expensive booking separately.  Sounds like a great cabin!  We once had an angled balcony (not mini suite) and loved it.  Had to move 4 doors down for the second cruise and missed having the large balcony.

Read again.  You have it backwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Be aware if you are talking about the two larger mini suites on Deck 10, those are accessible cabins, You will see it in the description on the deck plan..  If you are not handicapped you will be moved if they need the accessible cabin for someone who is.  Had this happen a long time ago on the Regal.

No, it is C428, next to the handicapped cabin. Just booked the 2 7 night sailings and put a deposit on them.

• Like 2

Just now, TW6cruiser said:

Thank you. This is the first time we've been on a 14 day that could also have been two 7 days.  

(PS, thank you for your Navy service as well!). 

I should clarify. This is what happened to me in the past (pre-pandemic). I can't guarantee Princess (or the ship) won't change this.