Not Any More

cruisefam38

On 8/25/2023 at 7:55 PM, cruisestitch said:

Should be “diminished luxury”

Includes foraging for food,  water and beer.. reduced wi fi,  limited free TV.... It's  a new world ..

Dtr and fam just stayed at a new style "Tru"  Hilton for 1 night.. ultra modern, minimal ( meaning no) style,  plastic decor including chairs,  no closets or dressers, hang your "gear" on wall hooks.    Room smelled of "Wet Dog" ( one son allergic to dogs..thank heaven for benydryl).  Was not  cheap on price  ..they would not go back!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

Includes foraging for food,  water and beer.. reduced wi fi,  limited free TV.... It's  a new world ..

Dtr and fam just stayed at a new style "Tru"  Hilton for 1 night.. ultra modern, minimal ( meaning no) style,  plastic decor including chairs,  no closets or dressers, hang your "gear" on wall hooks.    Room smelled of "Wet Dog" ( one son allergic to dogs..thank heaven for benydryl).  Was not  cheap on price  ..they would not go back!

One of my rules for selecting hotels is not to stay at any hotel that is pet friendly.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Thousands of cruisers will say, “I don’t drink coffee so I don’t care.”

Imagin the uproar if the cruises from the UK started charging for a cup of tea, while offering coffee for free,

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

One of my rules for selecting hotels is not to stay at any hotel that is pet friendly.

Yup...that just became one of their rules too.. I think they were in shock over the decor and never thought about pet friends!   

We used to do Pet friendly with our cat.. not the top shelf picks!  Sadly the cat is gone now,  but we are now pet and allergy free! 

We are trying a Wyndham hotel  pre cruise in Dania Beach in Jan..the Embassy suite is too old, dusty and dated  and may be under renov.. The breakfast buffet was just okay!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We are trying a Wyndham hotel 

I had forgotten about this hotel, and just looked it up.  We've stayed at places on Federal Highway before, and the area works well enough for us.  I hope this property works well for you, hcat.

Although we have really enjoyed three excellent cruises with Azamara, one with Celebrity, and one with Princess during the past 18 months, this past week we booked a cruise on the Oceania Vista for next summer.  We made this choice even before the ill-advised and poorly handled Celebrity Cookie Caper. 

The next choice point will be when we have to make final payment for the March Caribbean cruise on the Beyond.  At that point, or maybe before, depending on what other clever changes Celebrity decides to make to their product and services.

We might not need that Wyndam reservation, after all.

25 minutes ago, cruisefam38 said:

My wife isn't British, and such a charge would not go over well with her, at all.

Celebrity cruises that depart from South Hampton the last few years includes a hot water kettle in cabins for the British citizens who want to make tea for breakfast. Celebrity even provides the tea bags so if they were to charge for them it would not be a pretty site.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, jelayne said:

There was a pic posted.  So they try something, not well received and they reversed, is that a bad thing?? To me if they didn’t reverse it would be bad.

Who is coming up will all of these stupid ideas?  Perhaps they should be caught before they do a trial?  It seems like they do not know who their customers are and they are trying to be Royal which is a step down from any kind of luxury.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, cruisefam38 said:

I had forgotten about this hotel, and just looked it up.  We've stayed at places on Federal Highway before, and the area works well enough for us.  I hope this property works well for you, hcat.

looks neat and clean, includes parking , close to port and a few places for dinner nearby. Prices elsewhere were really high. This was just in our zone.  We joined their " loyalty"  club .

hopefully an easy drive from the west coast..some of the roafs diwn there have become complicated!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Maybe we should ask LLP to come out of retirement.😉

No Way...she came up through the Royal system.  Beginning of the downward slide from Class to Crass!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

looks neat and clean, includes parking , close to port and a few places for dinner nearby. Prices elsewhere were really high. This was just in our zone.  We joined their " loyalty"  club .

hopefully an easy drive from the west coast..some of the roads down there have become complicated!

https://www.guestreservations.com/wyndham-garden-fort-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port/booking?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyuGo46_9gAMVCY3ICh3sVQBoEAAYBCAAEgLTSPD_BwE

zuovkpoofibul14sm3et.jpeg.jpg

hlw21tubzvp2id4tamsz.jpeg.jpg

l9xazvxmifvuqvzi6zov.jpeg.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:23 AM, deliver42 said:

They call this web site Cruise Critic for a reason. If you don't like the critisism, of the company, try another site.

Some might think of a critic as someone who only criticizes.  In reality a critic should point out both positives and negatives.  Of course, the nature of forums is a lot more complaints than happy posts.  Right now a lot of posters are pretty unhappy with Celebrity.  

Having said all that, I'm not sure of my point other than it might be hard to find a site that only has only  rosy feedback.   

• Like 3

I for one am puzzled at those that defend multi-billion dollar corporations (and yes, with multi-billion dollar debts) who decrease the quality of the experience offered to their guests. We should be seeking the best possible experience for the fairest price, just as they are seeking the best price for a level of experience they can get away with offering.

Crusie lines aren't in the business of doing anyone favours, they are there to make money. But when their tactics involve charging high rates for declining service and amenities, that rightly should be called out and criticised same as any business. I do wonder how low some posters would let the cruise lines go before drawing their own line in the sand and making a stand? The level of upset is clear and those that say 'X won't care' or 'sail with another line if you don't like it' are part of the permisiveness that allows the lines to get away with it.

• Like 11

19 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Celebrity cruises that depart from South Hampton the last few years includes a hot water kettle in cabins for the British citizens who want to make tea for breakfast.

This is good customer service.  Smart customer service.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Who is coming up will all of these stupid ideas?  Perhaps they should be caught before they do a trial?  It seems like they do not know who their customers are and they are trying to be Royal which is a step down from any kind of luxury.

Possibly they’ve recently hired marketing folks from the old Bud Lite team? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/27/2023 at 8:01 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

And I say....each poster seems to want to up the ante on the prior poster proving they're smarter, funnier, wittier, more irate and it goes downhill from there.  Doesn't seem possible to me that our cruising experience is ruined by a 'cookie charge' no one is forcing them to purchase,and projecting that to future cuts which will really diminish that experience to the point of no return.   BTW...I've read here in the not-so-recent past from some posters it's their "last cruise on X" .  They're still posting here and cruising with X.  Something must be going ok for them or is it chic to be disagreeable and part of the crowd.  I do have 'change' issues...like menu choice, quality of food, cruise cancellations. IMO these are worth registering with those who can do something about them (or not, then it's up to me to sail with them... or not).

Be careful O2, your comments could be construed as coming from one who is indifferent and immune to the current disgruntled Celebrity cruiser vibe. That of course would transition perfectly from previous threads, and their posters who may not feel quite as aggrieved.    

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Haha 1