Celebrity “Lobster”

Spurs Fans

18 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

For those who might be interested, this is the lobster that was on the menu for 1 night of a 12 night cruise in the MDR. Summit 8-6 departure.   

IMG_6233.png

the solo lobster could be okay if one had a filling appetizer, soup or salad, but the rest of the plate looks quite sad and empty.

was there any butter sauce?

remember when waiter ir maitre d would take lobster out of the shell?

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

the solo lobster could be okay if one had a filling appetizer, soup or salad, but the rest of the plate looks quite sad and empty.

was there any butter sauce?

remember when waiter ir maitre d would take lobster out of the shell?

There was drawn butter if requested. The lobster was good for about 4 decent sized bites. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mango puddin said:

Lobster in Luminae was edible

Only edible?  I thought you would have said 'delicious'. When I have "lobster" on Celebrity,  I need to soak it in a pool of butter.  Then it tastes fine.

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

Only edible?  I thought you would have said 'delicious'. When I have "lobster" on Celebrity,  I need to soak it in a pool of butter.  Then it tastes fine.

Doesn’t everything taste better soaked in butter

7 minutes ago, mango puddin said:

it was not bad, but not special

That is how ours was too.  I paired it with lamb.  The lamb was tough and not that good.  The lobster tail was ok-good but not enough food for a main course.

RCI and Carnival give you the superior Maine lobster while X continues to give you the inferior Spiny lobster.  I have reached out to the exec office twice (along with other requests) and X's social media and initial get a "I'll look into it and get back to you" response and when they get back are dismissive/evasive.  Whomever I talk to I don't think they understand there are two major types of lobster

• Like 1

The lobster looks fine, but what concerns me is the tiny amount of broccoli and melon ball scoop of rice.   That's insulting looking. 
I'd put that photo on farce book along with a post that if you wanted to be insulted twice you'd have to pay 16.99 for the privilege. 
We've been cruising with Celebrity since it was still Chandris only because the food was so good.
They had the best head chef that used only quality ingredients.  They could make potatoes to die for and their bread sticks were addicting, not to mention their soups, mains and desserts were creative and so delicious. 
I sure hope we don't regret this 14 day T/A coming up.  If we do, it will be the last on X. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

That's our new go to cruise line too!

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

That's our new go to cruise line too!

Marginally more expensive but significantly better. But no special pool for suite passengers if that is a priority.