Post Cruise FLL Hotel

joeyjeremiah

I am getting off of a ship on Sunday January 7th and not flying home until the morning of Tuesday January 9th. Looking for hotel recommendations for post cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. Wanting to keep it under $300/night and it would be nice if we were able to see the ships come in and out. A nice pool is preferred but not required. Want to be walking distance to food options (don't need lots of options even a basic hotel restaurant will do). Huge bonus if they allow for early check-in. Don't want to venture to far from the airport as we need to be there for 6:00 am Tuesday morning so don't want to have to drive more than 30 minutes. Does anybody have any recommendations for a few days post cruise?

The only hotels with any views of the port are in the 17th St area, and discussed here frequently. Hilton Marina or Embassy Suites. Both have pools, Embassy Suites has the better pool.

The 17th St area also meets your restaurant desires.

Early check in is always about availability. Hotels will hold your luggage until your room is ready. 

• Like 1

Try booking Hyatt Place with ValueTrips when the schedule opens end of October for 2024. 

It sits just behind the ES and has better reviews (ES is old/tired). 

It's next door to the Harbor shopping area that has stores, restaurants and a Publix market.

30 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Try booking Hyatt Place with ValueTrips when the schedule opens end of October for 2024. 

It's next door to the Harbor shopping area that has stores, restaurants and a Publix market.

No views of the port and ships, as OP requested. 

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

That is where we are staying in December prior to our cruise. Was trying to see what else might be an option for after the cruise. Wasn't sure what might have ship views, was looking at Bahia Mar on the beach as a potential option but wanted to see what others suggested. 

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

No views of the port and ships, as OP requested. 

When I read "nice" didn't seem it was a make or break need so I gave them an option...Nothing wrong with that.😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

I am getting off of a ship on Sunday January 7th and not flying home until the morning of Tuesday January 9th. Looking for hotel recommendations for post cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. Wanting to keep it under $300/night and it would be nice if we were able to see the ships come in and out. A nice pool is preferred but not required. Want to be walking distance to food options (don't need lots of options even a basic hotel restaurant will do). Huge bonus if they allow for early check-in. Don't want to venture to far from the airport as we need to be there for 6:00 am Tuesday morning so don't want to have to drive more than 30 minutes. Does anybody have any recommendations for a few days post cruise?

I am staying those same dates at the Riverside on Los Olas Blvd. Other than seeing the ships, has a lot you can do. Pick of restaurants on premises and on the same block. On the New River so you watch the local boats go by while enjoying your drink of the day. Water taxi has a stop right there. Has a small pool with food service. One of the original independent hotels in FLL, about 20 minutes from airport.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

I've read here on cruise critic, IIRC, that some of the rooms on the higher floors in the Renaissance Hotel on 17th Street have port views.

Quite correct. Our hotel of choice on 17th is the Renaissance for that very reason and depending on the room, the views of the port can be quite good. Keep in mind though, that the construction of the new Convention Center right across the street may slightly hinder the view depending on crane placement.  The Hilton Marina is probably slightly better due to its sight lines, as was Pier 66, though I'm not sure of its status, and whether it has re-opened

9 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

The Hilton Marina is probably slightly better due to its sight lines, as was Pier 66, though I'm not sure of its status, and whether it has re-opened

The opening of Pier 66 is at least a year away.  The last I read was fall 2024.

I stay at Best Western Oceanside, when staying a few days in FLL.  The hotel has a pool, 100 yards from beach, bar that sells food, refrigerator, microwave, $ washer/dryer, bus stop outside the hotel, walking distance to water taxi.  No shuttle to/from airport/Port Everglades.

Edited by phabric

35 minutes ago, njgirl said:

Does Hyatt Place offer a free Airport Shuttle?  What about a cruise port shuttle?

Thanks.

I think there is a small charge from airport to hotel.

There is $ shuttle from hotel to port.  Pay the driver.  It is an outside shuttle company that Hyatt Place uses.  You sign up at the front desk.

You can call Hyatt Place to get the correct price.

1 hour ago, njgirl said:

Does Hyatt Place offer a free Airport Shuttle?  What about a cruise port shuttle?

Thanks.

I don't believe it's ever been free. Has been $2.00 per room reservation (for many years) and I'm pretty sure it's $5.00 per room reservation recently.

But do check directly with the hotel if it's even being offered now at all.

• Like 1