Princess Policy on Door Magnets

gators70

10 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Pineapples? What's the significance? 

Pineapples are a traditional symbol of hospitality.  For example, many old homes in Charleston, SC have a pineapple incorporated somewhere outside (in the stone, e.g.).

Upside down pineapples are a more recent symbol of "swingers" and partner swapping.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, deltahog said:

Pineapples are a traditional symbol of hospitality.  For example, many old homes in Charleston, SC have a pineapple incorporated somewhere outside (in the stone, e.g.).

Upside down pineapples are a more recent symbol of "swingers" and partner swapping.

Your version is very sweet.  Symbol of hospitality definitely fits.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

yes - the best cruise craft on Princess my wife ever did was a string art pineapple on a wooden board ... I'm not sure if a magnet would have held it on the door

Edited by voljeep
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, MissP22 said:

No restrictions so far but there weren't  lot of doors decorated on our last trip in March for some reason.

We had a Halloween Door Decorating Contest last fall on the Caribbean Princess....it was really fun!

I enjoy seeing some of the door decorations, but have never decorated my own.  That said I have on more than one occasion takin to "rearranging" magnets on the door of friends/acquaintances for fun when they use them for decoration - flipping upside down, moving to a different spot on door, etc.  I would never do this to a stranger though

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sweet but also true.  Traditionally and for a long time pineapples were a symbol of hospitality that had nothing to do with sex or sexuality.

"In architecture, pineapple figures became decorative elements symbolizing hospitality."  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, deltahog said:

Sweet but also true.  Traditionally and for a long time pineapples were a symbol of hospitality that had nothing to do with sex or sexuality.

"In architecture, pineapple figures became decorative elements symbolizing hospitality."  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple

Never doubted you even a little bit.  Thank you for your research.  

• Like 1

Haven't tried this on Princess but for my sister's birthday our door decor included a magnet with a small tin bucket from the Dollar Tree, filled daily with candy and an invitation for folks to take some. Didn't have anything taken from the door except the candy. 

• Like 3

On 9/5/2023 at 1:42 PM, voljeep said:

symbolism changes - what was once - may be totally different now

we've got our skeleton ready - magnets attached - to put on the cabin door - then got a whimsical turkey to replace it a day later

Make sure you personalize it - or kids might swipe it.  Haven't had a decoration swiped since we started putting names permanently on it.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 7:21 PM, hawk/hornfan said:

On our upcoming cruise next month (our 1st in 5 years) my wife the creative genius of family, has made a door sign based off the Eddie Money song "Two Tickets To Paradise." 

Love the video, made my morning; thanks!  

• Like 1

No problems with anything magnetic. Here’s a magnetic sign I always have on my door. I have a large & small one depending on what I put on my door. If it’s Christmas time I put a string of lights that are on a timer. Other decorations I have magnets that I use just for the door. 

I’ve decorate my door at Christmas time. A lot of nice comments. I’ll use my decorations again on my Christmas cruise. 

I also have a CC friend that makes me a sign just for my cruise.  I print it on card stock to attach to my door. You’ll see a copy below. 

Anybody else with door decorations post any photos that you have. 

Tom😀

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

• Like 4