No Pacific Coast Cruises?

Cruisedreamer1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, sun bum said:

We did an 11 night cruise on Mercury in 2007.It was the best cruise of our 16 cruises with Celebrity.  We stopped at Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo an Acapulco. So sad that they no longer cruise there.

We did the same itinerary on Mercury, not sure if it was 2005 or 2006.  Absolutely loved it, especially Zihuatanejo.  The truly sad part is that several of those ports are just not safe to visit anymore.  We were able to hit a couple of them this past March which we enjoyed.  For everyone's sake (cruisers and residents) I hope that changes for the better.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:26 PM, ROYALBOY said:

We are doing

13 SEP 2024
6 NT COASTAL VANCOUVER TO LOS ANGELES

b2b with a Panama Canal on the Summit.

That will be a nice B2B.   We did a B2B at San Pedro and it was really efficient and took maybe 20 minutes.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:39 PM, rodndonna said:

Would love to be on one that does the Canal after ... but out of our 14 day holiday maximum permitted by our dog 😐

We are on the Princess Discovery, round trip from LA.

We will see you there! Well, not during totality, because it will be dark. 😜

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

CELEBRITY SUMMIT
13 SEP 2024
6 NT COASTAL VANCOUVER TO LOS ANGELES A2 - AquaClass
13 SEP 2024

I don't see that cruise available anywhere, and when I check cruisetimetables  (thinking it was just sold out) - it has a similar gap for the Summit from Sept 13 (Vancouver) - to Sept 19th (LA). I guess it's got to get from Vancouver to L.A., but can't see a cruise for the journey. Very strange ....

On 9/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

I said earlier to start and finish in Oahu Hawaii and go to the French Polynesian (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, etc).  However, could start in Hawaii and end in Tahiti for the southbound route and vice versa for the northbound.  NCL has something like this one way and stops at other Hawaiian islands for a 12-nighter however you could do a one way with ample port time in 8 nights

Funny you mention this.  We are looking at one of these for 2025.  Not on the schedule yet.  Previously booked on the Windstar and then 2020...  Pricing on NCL is quite a bit lower🙂 

Edited by NMTraveller

21 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

In April, on our turn-around day in San Pedro, anyone have any recommendations what to do there?

Be advised that the process for b2b in San Pedro takes longer than other US ports I've sailed.  They make you get off the ship (which is normal) and then walk in a big circle to get back to the security lines where they make you go back through security again (which doesn't happen at other US ports).  So it takes longer than usual - not outrageously long but longer.  So by the time you do that, not sure it's worth it to go very far. 

San Pedro itself doesn't have much except a few nice local bars and restaurants in town, and a few shops.  There is a free (albeit fairly small) aquarium not too far away you could Uber to.  If you were to try that, make sure to check the opening times - I think it was noon last time we were there. It's next to a little park, but the park is mostly a family type park for kids or picnics.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Be advised that the process for b2b in San Pedro takes longer than other US ports I've sailed.  They make you get off the ship (which is normal) and then walk in a big circle to get back to the security lines where they make you go back through security again (which doesn't happen at other US ports).  So it takes longer than usual - not outrageously long but longer.  So by the time you do that, not sure it's worth it to go very far. 

San Pedro itself doesn't have much except a few nice local bars and restaurants in town, and a few shops.  There is a free (albeit fairly small) aquarium not too far away you could Uber to.  If you were to try that, make sure to check the opening times - I think it was noon last time we were there. It's next to a little park, but the park is mostly a family type park for kids or picnics.

Agree there’s not a lot to do in San Pedro; however, the battleship Iowa is very close to the cruise terminal. A possibility if you’re somewhat naval historians. 

https://pacificbattleship.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We did a B2B in San Pedro in September 2022.  Our process was very different.  We did not leave the ship, but all the B2B passengers met in the Sky Lounge on the Solstice.  Security had a podium at the entrance of the Sky Lounge where we "ringed off the ship" and surrendered our Seapass cards for the first leg.  Sea pass cards for the second leg were then distributed.  We left the Sky Lounge, had new security photos taken and "ringed" back onto the ship.  No one left the ship nor set foot on an outer deck to complete the process.  While we are Zenith members of the CC (and were also in a Suite) the process was the same for all who wished to remain on the ship for the day.

9 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We did a B2B in San Pedro in September 2022.  Our process was very different.  We did not leave the ship, but all the B2B passengers met in the Sky Lounge on the Solstice.  Security had a podium at the entrance of the Sky Lounge where we "ringed off the ship" and surrendered our Seapass cards for the first leg.  Sea pass cards for the second leg were then distributed.  We left the Sky Lounge, had new security photos taken and "ringed" back onto the ship.  No one left the ship nor set foot on an outer deck to complete the process.  While we are Zenith members of the CC (and were also in a Suite) the process was the same for all who wished to remain on the ship for the day.

Interesting.  Was totally different in March.  I hope it reverts back to this process!

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Interesting.  Was totally different in March.  I hope it reverts back to this process!

There's no consistent process for  B2B TAD. Can change even at the same port of embarkation. Good to share B2B experiences here on CC but always best to wait until onboard and the B2B TAD letters are handed out for that specific cruise. 

The last Mexico cruise will be Dec 8, heading to South America. I booked 6-night Eclipse ones to Cabo on Nov 5 and Dec 1, and did 4 of them on Solstice last year, booking in summer at ridiculously low prices--$300 solo inside average for 3 Mexico and on California coastal, 2 of them with all-inclusive. For one in January I showed up at the port at 1 pm and I was the only passenger in the terminal, which was eerie, but having an uncrowded ship with all the wonderful forward viewing areas for whale-watching was wonderful. I couldn't believe that people would prefer Discovery Princess and NCL Bliss out of LA, at 3500-4500 passengers, or Carnival, when they could sail on Celebrity for really good prices. 

The good news is they'll still have Summit doing a Pacific coastal, and maybe whatever replaces it for the less-popular N-S Alaska route. I found that Celebrity and Royal coastals are fairly pricey, though, especially compared to dirt-cheap HAL and Princess ones, who move many more ships to and from Alaska (I'm doing a 2-night Princess this weekend and 3 HAL coastal cruises in October, since I'm local and can take the train to Vancouver or Seattle). 

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2023 at 11:50 PM, ROYALBOY said:

CELEBRITY SUMMIT
13 SEP 2024
6 NT COASTAL VANCOUVER TO LOS ANGELES A2 - AquaClass
13 SEP 2024

Hello,  I was just wondering if you still have your booking from Vancouver to Los Angeles.   We want to do the Coastal followed by the Panama Canal like you but still can't find the coast trip on 13 September 2024. Thanks for the help!

48 minutes ago, BellamyGirl said:

Hello,  I was just wondering if you still have your booking from Vancouver to Los Angeles.   We want to do the Coastal followed by the Panama Canal like you but still can't find the coast trip on 13 September 2024. Thanks for the help!

49 minutes ago, BellamyGirl said:

Never did see it online, but our Travel Agent found it. I would suggest calling the Captains Club number 844-418-6824, they are usually very helpful, and hope to see you onboard.

27 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

Never did see it online, but our Travel Agent found it. I would suggest calling the Captains Club number 844-418-6824, they are usually very helpful, and hope to see you onboard.

Thanks I will do that.   I did find it online on one of the Canadian travel agent websites.   So strange it isn't on the Celebrity website!  Looking forward to this trip!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BellamyGirl said:

Thanks I will do that.   I did find it online on one of the Canadian travel agent websites.   So strange it isn't on the Celebrity website!  Looking forward to this trip!

I see it on a couple of Canadian sites also, but not all. It seems very odd..maybe it is mostly pre-booked as a charter? I can't really understand why it is only visible on limited sites.