Coral Princess.

Reina del Mar

I have just read this comment on a post about a specific cabin…and it scares me.

Does anyone who is currently  or has recently been on Coral Princess have any comments, please ????

‘Good luck on Coral Princess. I’m on that ship right now and it’s like being on a floating sewer. Sewage smell on the entire ship! Crew has openly admitted there’s a plumbing problem onboard. Overall the ship is very run down andneeds a major overhaul. Hope the plumbing is fixed by the time you travel.’

8 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

I have just read this comment on a post about a specific cabin…and it scares me.

Does anyone who is currently  or has recently been on Coral Princess have any comments, please ????

‘Good luck on Coral Princess. I’m on that ship right now and it’s like being on a floating sewer. Sewage smell on the entire ship! Crew has openly admitted there’s a plumbing problem onboard. Overall the ship is very run down andneeds a major overhaul. Hope the plumbing is fixed by the time you travel.’

That’s terrible.  Have you tried to reach out to someone through a current roll call?  

I haven’t been on her in a while, so can’t comment.  

We (group of 6) had no problems with our 3 Dolphin deck mini-suites when we were on her for 28 days in April.  The only issue we noticed was a loud clanging noise near the rear aft starboard elevators - luckily we were all located almost fully aft - that would definitely have bothered us if our cabins had been nearby.  The public areas were fine and we didn't notice any wear and tear issues.  The crew was excellent.  The Coral Princess has been on a world cruise since then but I don't know if that adds more wear and tear.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

The majority of "plumbing issues" are caused by passengers who insist on flushing things they are not supposed to flush. Baby wipes, diapers, paper towels, napkins, etc. all get flushed by people who don't bother to follow the rules. Ship plumbing is not at all like home plumbing. When one clod plugs up the lines it affects a lot of other people and it may not always be easy to isolate the issue.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Hadn’t thought of a current roll call..but not sure how many would check roll call once aboard. 

Most people on a roll call are set to receive notifications when a new posting is made.  I seriously doubt that anybody takes the time to turn off that setting once on board.

35 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I read the date somewhere but now I can't find it. I believe it's Fall 2024. It's before my cruise in January 2025 so I am interested in more information about what is planned.

I can't figure out how to edit my post. In case it wasn't clear, I was responding to this question:

14 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

Any idea when her next overhauling/drydocking is scheduled for?  We sail on the Coral Princess this coming March 2024.

15 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

Any idea when her next overhauling/drydocking is scheduled for?  We sail on the Coral Princess this coming March 2024.

October 2024.

Not to question the source of the original comment as I haven't been aboard recently, but if everywhere I went on the ship had a sewage smell, I would be inclined to check my underwear.

Edited by arxcards
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I read the date somewhere but now I can't find it. I believe it's Fall 2024. It's before my cruise in January 2025 so I am interested in more information about what is planned.

It's scheduled for late August or September 2024 I believe. The 2024 Australian world cruise finishes mid-August and it's after that.