Alfredo’s a la carte menu

indiesmom

21 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

From the way you described it you sounded as if you had actually experienced this on a ship.  I agree with @Host CJSKIDS, the pizza has always been delivered from Slice and not Alfredo's on the ships that I've been on.  That's not to say that it can't change, things change all the time.  But it's always best to answer based on your own experiences than to echo what others have posted.

All I said was that I saw some of the same pizza types (flavors) offered at Alfredo's on Ocean Now menu screens.  And same price point.  I was not "echoing another post" and I really doubt the poster was faking the screen shots and I take them at face value as current shots from Ocean Now.  (I also pretty much always distinguish what I know versus something like "many CC Members indicate/report", etc).

The pizzas at Slice are quite large compared to the Alfredo size.  Also, Slice only has a couple of "flavors" at any one time.  So, my questions:

Are you (and others) saying the pizza ordered from Ocean Now is made at Slice, but they make the Alfredo flavor/style ordered?  Is the pizza as large as the ones at Slice where they dole out single slices, or are they making smaller ones for delivery?  Or, are the pizzas received by delivery the same size as the ones sold in Alfredo's? Just wondering what guest would get.  The non-informed guest might presume they are getting an Alfredo pizza since they match name and price to ones offered there.  Of course, if a ship doesn't have Alfredo's that would be impossible, but then IDK if all the same choices would be offered in in Ocean Now.  

Hope you see where I am coming from and clarification would be nice to have if anyone knows.

5 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

On the Sapphire as regular guests early this year we were able to take leftover pizza wrapped in foil on a plate back to our cabin.  Leftover pizza is my go to breakfast.

Well that's great to hear!  Pizza for breakfast is the best. 
It will interesting to see the changes with the new charges. Of course we all know that Princess is consistent with their inconsistencies. What happens on one ship may not happen on another. 

i look forward to enjoying the pizza on my Sky sailing. 

• Like 2

We will be on Plus and hope they allow us to share a pizza with one dining credit. I guess just because it makes sense. Still baffled by two visits no matter cruise length. Also, there are many examples like not enforcing no-shorts in MDR and no checking on Chair Hogs, that show that the crew do not alienate passengers.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As the changes are just coming about on the ships, guess we will have to wait and see how the ships handle sharing for those on the Plus and Premier packages as there have not been many reports of what is actually going on.  And as we all know, each ship can sometimes run things a bit differently.  

Should each ship handle any change different?

Procedures should be standard and apply to all ships. 

No organization should be that lax to do what they want and how they want it to be.

Just my experience in military and corporate life in 60 years.

Edited by Oxo

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Should each ship handle any change different?

Procedures should be standard and apply to all ships. 

No organization should be that lax to do what they want and how they want it to be.

Just my experience in military and corporate life in 60 years.

Princess ships have been known to do things differently. I don't think it's a difference in policy but more of a difference in interpretation of the policy. I once had a boss who thought she was brilliant but her understanding of regulations wasn't always correct. She would interpret such things as "may do such and such" to mean "we have to do this". My wife had an issue at the bars on one cruise. I spoke with the manager and - politely and calmly - told him the problem and showed him a printout of the actual terms of the beverage package (at that time). He immediately agreed that I was correct and within 30 minutes every bar on the ship had a memo correcting the issue. Had I not brought it to his attention it would not have been corrected on that particular ship. It may well have never been an issue on other ships or may have been, and remained, an issue on other ships. The bartenders just needed instruction on how to handle that particular issue and had not been instructed how to do so.

• Like 1

I experienced an issue on MSC in Europe.

Like you, I provided Corp P&P printed from their website.

You identified the major problem.

Training! They don't take the time to train as it is time consuming and costly. This is not only applicable to Cruise Lines but to all Companies. 

We as clients cruise a Cruise Line and expect constant policies and procedures. JMHO!

HAPPY CRUISING! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I can not believe how i just spent 10 minutes reading on new terms about getting pizzas.

Grabbing a slice whenever we wanted, an early dinner, an after show snack was core memory for our princess cruise and it's amusing to see how complicated it became.

so i guess to relive our pizza freedom this time round i would need to upgrade to Premium.

Just now, Astra Cruiser Henry said:

I can not believe how i just spent 10 minutes reading on new terms about getting pizzas.

Grabbing a slice whenever we wanted, an early dinner, an after show snack was core memory for our princess cruise and it's amusing to see how complicated it became.

so i guess to relive our pizza freedom this time round i would need to upgrade to Premium.

You can still get pizza by the slice on the pool deck.  🍕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

You can still get pizza by the slice on the pool deck.  🍕

Not on the Majestic Princess.  They have a noodle bar in the pizza spot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, HotRoot said:

Not on the Majestic Princess.  They have a noodle bar in the pizza spot.

Yes, except for the Majestic.  Which we are currently onboard.  But it is available on all the other Princess ships.

Edited by LACruiser88

i believe Slice close quite early and it's definitely not the same atmosphere as Alfred, both good but nothing beats the spontaneous-ness of a second dinner while walking pass to princess live.

An ice cold Italian beer, decadent cheese pull slices, and the pointless argument of if there are room for desert.