Earliest Disemabark times in ft. lauderdale

beijing

2 minutes ago, beijing said:

Hi All

does anyone have any idea as to how early one might be able to disembark in Ft. Lauderdale ?

I realize "things" can happen resulting in delays, but if all is ok, how soon would one be able to leave.

Thanks

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, beijing said:

Thanks everyone

We booked a 920am flight and it should be no problem

Provided of course there are no issues 

Wow, you are very brave.  I would definitely have a back-up plan just in case.  These days flights are usually 100% full (especially on cruise port days) and getting another flight could take awhile.  Hopefully you have some type of priority like TSA precheck or something.  And aren't flying international.  I would also recommend getting in line very early as the early passengers line can get very, very long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Assuming you are flying FLL and carrying off all of your own luggage, a 9:20 domestic flight would be doable but tight. This assumes of course there is no problems clearing the ship, getting through customs and catching a taxi/ride share first thing and no issues at the airport.

You can usually self-disembark between 7:30 and 7:40 am with your own luggage in tow.  I think you are cutting it close with that time.  There has been a line to get a taxi and then you have the busy FLL airport. No way to end a cruise...

We do the early walkoff and a most of the time are the first or close to the first ones to disembark and it’s usually around 7:20 AM. A few times there has been some kind of a delay and IIRC the earliest was 7:15.

Edited by MISTER 67

Assuming everything is on time, that time should be fine.  We've done it many times, but usually with flights closer to 10am.

Last year, we didn't get off the ship till 8:20am because of delays getting to FLL, but got to the airport at 8:45 and inside, and found a Delta rep who took us an others ahead of the standard line and we made the flight by about 5 minutes.  Closest call I've ever had.