SS Dawn Copenhagen Norwegian round trip

Silver Spectre

9 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

We have just moved to a mainly westerly course and entered the Skagerrak. The wind is whistling at 30 knots outside my veranda door.

So you went north from Copenhagen - you must have sailed through the Øresund strait between Helsingør and Helsingborg. Were you close enough to get a good look at (or pictures of) Kronborg Slot?

We really wanted to go there on our last visit to Copenhagen, but our Air France flight was almost 3h late arriving so we didn't have time.

Silver, if you have a chance and not sure if you are a "Salt Bar" fan or not? But should you go there, would you give the bartender, Stefan, a big hello from me please😀

52 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

So you went north from Copenhagen - you must have sailed through the Øresund strait between Helsingør and Helsingborg. Were you close enough to get a good look at (or pictures of) Kronborg Slot?

We really wanted to go there on our last visit to Copenhagen, but our Air France flight was almost 3h late arriving so we didn't have time.

Unfortunately too dark and too asleep JP

• Thanks 1

Here you go, Silver. Some of those bottles were uncorked and I didn't want them to spill.

Silver2.thumb.jpeg.2f998161b6917df666f5bd77b2716f16.jpeg

Some weird timing for formal nights for sure! On our last Spirit cruise we had the usual night 2 then the second was mid-cruise for Venetian night as well, and no farewell. It felt strange to do it that way.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Here you go, Silver. Some of those bottles were uncorked and I didn't want them to spill.

Silver2.thumb.jpeg.2f998161b6917df666f5bd77b2716f16.jpeg

Some weird timing for formal nights for sure! On our last Spirit cruise we had the usual night 2 then the second was mid-cruise for Venetian night as well, and no farewell. It felt strange to do it that way.

Thank you so much, wine saviour! And there is no farewell formal on here either. However we do get this on the last night in Bergen.

And this time it’s definitely my iPad being silly!

03E004B7-9112-4752-B24D-BDD95FB733FD.jpeg

9C5CAD93-565A-4AB4-A004-C9D887259DC3.jpeg

• Like 1

This morning we have arrived in Narvik, having crossed the Arctic circle yesterday afternoon. Narvik is deemed to be a prime viewing point for the Northern Lights. Except, it’s absolutely pi**ing it down and will continue to do so for the rest of the day and until the early hours of tomorrow morning. Then it will just cloudy.

• Thanks 1