Can Sanctuary on Sky Princess be booked pre-cruise?

b43147

14 minutes ago, b43147 said:

Hi All! Sailing on Sky Princess 12/2 and wondering if and how to book Sanctuary ahead of time. I've looked online at Princess site and on the Medallion app. I'm unable to find info. Thank you for any info.

Sorry, no. The Sanctuary must be booked in person once aboard. If you want to have any chance of getting decent loungers, board as soon as humanly possibly and race upstairs.

You cannot book in advance.  You must go to the sanctuary on deck 18 immediately upon boarding and I mean run, don’t walk!  It’s very popular and books up very quickly.  Be aware that passengers who are sailing on a btb cruise will have the advantage over the new passengers embarking.

It’s a great experience if you can get it.  Good luck!

26 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Sorry, no. The Sanctuary must be booked in person once aboard. If you want to have any chance of getting decent loungers, board as soon as humanly possibly and race upstairs.

And this is a terrible way of doing this.  Why would they not allow pre-booking?  Almost every time when we are in the elite lounge waiting to board, people are crowding the door because they are rushing onboard when they allow people to board. Had one woman almost knock me down to get past me.   

It also only allows a handful of people to get access to the Sanctuary that want it.

Full disclosure, never been in there myself, no interest in it.  

12 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

And this is a terrible way of doing this.  Why would they not allow pre-booking?  Almost every time when we are in the elite lounge waiting to board, people are crowding the door because they are rushing onboard when they allow people to board. Had one woman almost knock me down to get past me.   

It also only allows a handful of people to get access to the Sanctuary that want it.

Full disclosure, never been in there myself, no interest in it.  

One of the reasons is that the seats are assigned and you pick your seat, whether it be in the full shade or the sun.  They are all slightly different as some areas were built after the fact so a seat you may like on one ship, is not what you like on another.  It would be a bit of a logistical nightmare to have individual seating charts up on the app so you could pick your seat as many may be upset when they see exactly where their chair is once on the ship.

That's why you are individually walked in and they show you which seats are available.  

• Like 1

"And this is a terrible way of doing this.  Why would they not allow pre-booking?"

The current way isn't ideal. But, if you allowed pre-booking you would just be moving the opening date forward to some random number of days prior to sailing. People would be on line waiting to reserve. Princess would also have to have diagrams of each sanctuary on each ship to allow people to select their loungers. Staff would then not be able to move them.