Shareholder OBC "showing" up differently on 2 different bookings--should I be concerned?

KKB

Sailing in Nov. & Jan.

Nov booking I received an Amenities email that shows the OBC, but it does NOT appear on the Summary page of our reservation in My Account.

Jan booking I did not receive an Amenities emails BUT it DOES show up on the Summary page of our reservation.

I plan to print the Amenities email for the Nov booking & the Summary for the Jan booking to have as proof.

Has anyone encountered any issues with something like this?

Thanks!

I’m sure you’ve already done it, but for my cruise next week it shows as a $100 purchased item, as opposed to showing up as onboard credit in the summary in the upper left hand side of the reservation as all previous cruises and the one I have booked for December.  I thought it odd when it came through that way, but assumed it was because I had asked that it only be applied to my account and not split between me and my cabin mate.

I had shareholder OBC appearing on the top summary for two weeks before disappearing.  Live chat confirmed I had no credit.  I emailed shareholder and they sent me a new email receipt showing I purchased credit, which is now how it appears online.

My $50 OBC (5 day cruise next week) also shows as a $50 purchased item, instead of the OBC in the summary.   I'm waiting to see how my January one shows, as it is a $100 and both DH and I are on the sailing and share the stockholder account.

Just now, davencl said:

In my case it's sometimes shown up as a purchase in their system. Go figure....

Yeah.  That’s what I was getting at in an earlier post.  For next week’s cruise, that’s how it showed for me as well.  

Now I have a possible additional problem.  Earlier this week I purchased $1000 of OBC to take advantage of the Amex offer.  The system allowed me to book it, but now I have $1100 of “purchased” OBC.  Both are showing on my summary, but I’m hoping I don’t run into issues because you’re supposed to be limited to $1000 of purchased (refundable) credit.  Both are shown as the same category of purchase.  I don’t know how the system differentiates between refundable (the purchased credit) and non-refundable (the SH credit).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 11:45 AM, KKB said:

Sailing in Nov. & Jan.

Nov booking I received an Amenities email that shows the OBC, but it does NOT appear on the Summary page of our reservation in My Account.

Jan booking I did not receive an Amenities emails BUT it DOES show up on the Summary page of our reservation.

I plan to print the Amenities email for the Nov booking & the Summary for the Jan booking to have as proof.

Has anyone encountered any issues with something like this?

Thanks!

The exact same thing just happened to me.