Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

8 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Would travel insurance cover a decision to cancel this cruise if Regent doesn’t want to cancel? Israel has declared war, perhaps that will help this situation to rise to a level that a reputable insurance company would recognize? Has anyone called their travel insurance company yet? I couldn’t imagine traveling to this area without being insured (under normal circumstances).

BTW, my Regent friends said their AAA contact said all of their clients have been evacuated from Egypt. Second or third hand info, but…….

Most insurance companies exclude acts of war. IMHO, the only type of insurance that would help is a Cancel Anytime.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Would travel insurance cover a decision to cancel this cruise if Regent doesn’t want to cancel? Israel has declared war, perhaps that will help this situation to rise to a level that a reputable insurance company would recognize? Has anyone called their travel insurance company yet? I couldn’t imagine traveling to this area without being insured (under normal circumstances).

BTW, my Regent friends said their AAA contact said all of their clients have been evacuated from Egypt. Second or third hand info, but…….

Insurance typically covers Acts of Terrorism/War. 

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Did you buy insurance?

My insurance company does not cover acts of war. Geez AAA took US citizens out of Egypt and RSSC is making us go or lose 27K? Never again RSSC!

4 minutes ago, ariannasstuff said:

Most insurance companies exclude acts of war. IMHO, the only type of insurance that would help is a Cancel Anytime.

The most common companies cover it. Allianz certainly does.

Does travel insurance cover terrorist attacks?

Travelers are understandably anxious about the recent uptick in terrorist incidents, particularly in Europe. While the chances of being harmed by an act of terrorism remains very low, it’s wise to check the U.S. State Department’s travel alerts and warnings for your destination and remain alert while traveling.

Travel insurance does address terrorist incidents in a few important ways. Some plans — like the OneTrip Prime Plan — can consider terrorism to be a covered reason for trip cancellation if a terrorist event happens at your U.S. or foreign destination within 30 days of the day you’re scheduled to arrive. (One exception: You won’t be covered if there has been a terrorist event at your international destination generally within the 30 days before your plan's effective date.) Or, if a terrorist attack causes your airline or common carrier to cease services for 24 hours, that may be considered a covered reason for trip cancellation or interruption. If you cancel a trip only because you’re afraid a terrorist attack might occur, that cancellation wouldn’t be covered.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I answered this in another post . No. Already called Allianz. You would have to have Cancel Anytime .

11 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

The most common companies cover it. Allianz certainly does.

Does travel insurance cover terrorist attacks?

Travelers are understandably anxious about the recent uptick in terrorist incidents, particularly in Europe. While the chances of being harmed by an act of terrorism remains very low, it’s wise to check the U.S. State Department’s travel alerts and warnings for your destination and remain alert while traveling.

Travel insurance does address terrorist incidents in a few important ways. Some plans — like the OneTrip Prime Plan — can consider terrorism to be a covered reason for trip cancellation if a terrorist event happens at your U.S. or foreign destination within 30 days of the day you’re scheduled to arrive. (One exception: You won’t be covered if there has been a terrorist event at your international destination generally within the 30 days before your plan's effective date.) Or, if a terrorist attack causes your airline or common carrier to cease services for 24 hours, that may be considered a covered reason for trip cancellation or interruption. If you cancel a trip only because you’re afraid a terrorist attack might occur, that cancellation wouldn’t be covered.

I placed a deposit on this itinerary 3 days ago (Thursday) for Oceania’s 2025 version. Now I won’t be able to get travel insurance from Allianz (my preferred vendor). My family was burned by another insurance company that markets heavily on CC, so I pay up to work w a reliable company.

2 minutes ago, ariannasstuff said:

Page 15 - exclusions. #16. I only know this because I was on with Allianz today regarding this situation.

Very interesting. Thank you.

Are they officially saying this is a war based on Netanyahu's declaration? Many times they go off of the US State Department's official determination.

Looks like Regent's stance is going to be that the cruise is going to continue and changes to itinerary are allowed in the contract.

5 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Egyptian tour guide and two Jewish tourist killed in Alexandria Egypt today….by an Egyptian policeman….

I saw that...doesn't seem to be related and no change in threat level from the US State Department. Egypt has always been a touchy destination...some times more than others. 

7 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Egyptian tour guide and two Jewish tourist killed in Alexandria Egypt today….by an Egyptian policeman

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

I saw that...doesn't seem to be related and no change in threat level from the US State Department. Egypt has always been a touchy destination...some times more than others. 

This neck of the woods has been a higher risk area for many years now. 

11 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Very interesting. Thank you.

Are they officially saying this is a war based on Netanyahu's declaration? Many times they go off of the US State Department's official determination.

Looks like Regent's stance is going to be that the cruise is going to continue and changes to itinerary are allowed in the contract.

No. Unless you have cancel anytime, your reason for canceling must fall under one of their covered reasons.  Since a cruise line can change the port line up anytime, you really can’t fall under anything destination wise, since the ship will keep you from harms way.  There really isn’t anything you can get from insurance based on this.

Just now, ariannasstuff said:

No. Unless you have cancel anytime, your reason for canceling must fall under one of their covered reasons.  Since a cruise line can change the port line up anytime, you really can’t fall under anything destination wise, since the ship will keep you from harms way.  There really isn’t anything you can get from insurance based on this.

I wanted to add: yes, a cruise line can always change ports and they are under no liability if the do so. People need to understand this when booking a cruise.

• Like 4

Just now, ariannasstuff said:

I wanted to add: yes, a cruise line can always change ports and they are under no liability if the do so. People need to understand this when booking a cruise.

I understand that and am ready to go on cruise but the regent air stance we will not take requests is bs.  Our friend going on Turkish air connecting through Ist and they want to keep their flight on the 11th.  We are booked on af to Cdg on the 11th and want to keep it and go to Ist instead of tlv and seats available.  You think it would be easier to accommodate this than change everyone to the 13th or 14th as many flights don’t even get in until the afternoon.  I asked my TA to try and work with AF direct.  If regent screws this up it will be my last cruise with them and I’m sure many others.  Sounds like the  NZ debacle all over again.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ariannasstuff said:

Hopefully everyone has a TA as good as you...but these days many are like part-time realtors.

This is awful.   My parents will NEVER sail Regent again. 
They would have been happy with a future cruise credit.  
not even a refund. We understand that they can change itineraries.   But this is a fundamental trip change. 

we are checking with AMEX on a chargeback.  

• Like 4

Y'all need to chill out and let this run its course.  Regent apparently has only said they're cancelling Israeli ports...... for NOW.  And already people are lining up on here to crucify Regent for not giving them full refunds because Israel was cancelled?  Really?  Did you read the cruise contract when you agreed to go on the cruise?  But more importantly, why don't you just let the "dust" settle and see what happens. Who knows, Regent might offer some cancellation benefit... or not.  But before y'all get worked into a "gee I'll never cruise Regent again" frenzy, at least let them make the decision.  By the way, is Oceania or Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, etc. offering full refunds?  Anyone know the answer to that? 

• Like 11

From everything I have read, Regent is doing all they can to work through this situation, much like they did when they cancelled St Petersburg as a port visit a couple of years ago.  Yes, I was disappointed but certainly didn't go out and yell "they sky is falling".  Wait and see is an excellent idea.  For those wanting to leave Regent - that is fine - lots of choices out there.  Looking forward to my next 3 booked cruises with Regent.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, carolina cruisin said:

From everything I have read, Regent is doing all they can to work through this situation, much like they did when they cancelled St Petersburg as a port visit a couple of years ago.  Yes, I was disappointed but certainly didn't go out and yell "they sky is falling".  Wait and see is an excellent idea.  For those wanting to leave Regent - that is fine - lots of choices out there.  Looking forward to my next 3 booked cruises with Regent.

If they were doing all they can do, they would allow cancellations with future cruise credits or refunds.  That would leave them with fewer people to rebook, and would create a financial loss for them in the short term, but lots of goodwill in the long term.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Joanandjoe said:

If they were doing all they can do, they would allow cancellations with future cruise credits or refunds.  That would leave them with fewer people to rebook, and would create a financial loss for them in the short term, but lots of goodwill in the long term.

Regent is a business first and foremost. As others have said this area has been a hot spot for many many years. That should always be a consideration. We have made one cruise to the Holy Land and canceled one because of unrest there. 
This is a case to be sure to read and understand the T and C of the cruise contract. And it is a definite case for cancel for any reason insurance or be willing to take what Regent offers when things go sideways. Have they actually made a final decision? 

Edited by cwn
  • Like 3