Just off Britannia

shot2bits

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Have an opinion on somebody accusing them of causing severe food poisoning.

I very much doubt Carnival are bothered about 1 single accusation, if they are then I'd say they'd be very busy, we read on here everyday about things like this across all the brands, I doubt they are even bothered let alone suing.

I would be flabbergasted if they even take the time to read these boards or any others even their own, let alone act on them. 

Update: I managed to get an audience with a GP earlier. He thinks it was most unlikely that I suffered from food poisoning, it was more likely to have been the early symptoms of Covid. Therefore I apologise for misleading anyone on this forum. I tested positive again today so feeling rough still. I hope everyone else who left Britannia are feeling ok.

Edited by shot2bits
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, shot2bits said:

Update: I managed to get an audience with a GP earlier. He thinks it was most unlikely that I suffered from food poisoning, it was more likely to have been the early symptoms of Covid. Therefore I apologise for misleading anyone on this forum. I tested positive again today so feeling rough still. I hope everyone else who left Britannia are feeling ok.

Thanks for coming back and letting the board know. I hope you start to feel better soon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, shot2bits said:

I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know when you are clearly still very unwell.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, shot2bits said:

Please don't apologise, at the time you suspected food poisoning which has now been deemed unlikely, thanks for the update.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, S1971 said:

I very much doubt Carnival are bothered about 1 single accusation, if they are then I'd say they'd be very busy, we read on here everyday about things like this across all the brands, I doubt they are even bothered let alone suing.

I would be flabbergasted if they even take the time to read these boards or any others even their own, let alone act on them. 

Strangely Celebrity used to have someone from customer services routinely reading their forum, and responding to some of the posts.  And their CD on Eclipse did always comment on their CC meet and greet get togethers how important this was for them to know what their regular cruisers were thinking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Strangely Celebrity used to have someone from customer services routinely reading their forum, and responding to some of the posts.  And their CD on Eclipse did always comment on their CC meet and greet get togethers how important this was for them to know what their regular cruisers were thinking.

Ah right, will keep an eye out in the future.

30 minutes ago, shot2bits said:

I hope you feel better soon and it’s not long before you are in good health.

45 minutes ago, shot2bits said:

Not gonna say I told you so, but ... I refer you to my earlier comments #23

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, shot2bits said:

Always a good idea to establish the facts before jumping to conclusions.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 10:39 PM, shot2bits said:

No I didn’t report it. I really didn’t fancy being interrogated by the on board medical people. I probably should have done

You would have been locked in the cabin for at least 2 days if you had? So probably best that you didn't.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You would have been locked in the cabin for at least 2 days if you had? So probably best that you didn't.

I agree. Just let them roam the ship infecting others. A much better idea. Have we not learnt anything over the last three years?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, FangedRose said:

I agree. Just let them roam the ship infecting others. A much better idea. Have we not learnt anything over the last three years?

"Food posioning" is NOT contagious from person to person it is from probably wrongly cooked food to customer.

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

"Food posioning" is NOT contagious from person to person it is from probably wrongly cooked food to customer.

Not through the air maybe. But definitely by direct contact via lift buttons, door handles, utensils in the buffet etc. 

It would definitely reduced the risk of spreading covid (which this "food poisoning" was an early symptom of). And, as we all know, covid, flu and colds are most contagious before the respiratory symptoms appear.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 3

It’s a shame the OP didn’t consult with Medical Centre as all guests are advised to do if they become unwell.  After all this is what insurance is for. If you don’t agree with excess on policy or want to pay it find another one that you are happy with. 

2 hours ago, S1971 said:

I was very careful relating my toe Saga not to imply any blame on P&O's fault. In fact I rarely mention it at all.

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

@zap99 I hope your toe is much better as we do not hear much about you and your toe.

If you do not want to talk about it ,we do understand after all the trauma you went through at the time of the mishap.🙃

As you insist. I foolishly kicked the coffee table on Oona. My own silly fault, not P&O. It took a year for the black bit to grow out. Not P&O's fault....still, it blooming well hurt.🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Ray said:

Always a good idea to establish the facts before jumping to conclusions.

But have you not just done what you've accused the OP off, jumped to a conclusion?

"Update: I managed to get an audience with a GP earlier. He thinks it was most unlikely that I suffered from food poisoning, it was more likely to have been the early symptoms of Covid"

I see nothing that catorgorically suggests it wasn't food poisoning, the only factual evidence is that the OP tested positive after returning home, just to add not all covid symptoms are the same , I recently had it and simply had mild cold symptoms, no sickness, stomach cramps or diarrhoea.

50 minutes ago, zap99 said:

As you insist. I foolishly kicked the coffee table on Oona. My own silly fault, not P&O. It took a year for the black bit to grow out. Not P&O's fault....still, it blooming well hurt.🤣

Is that Oona, Charlie Chaplin’s wife?

• Haha 5