Gimme your CCL pet peeves

5 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

When big groups of people decide to stand in a main walkway and chat, even at the buffet. How can they be so clueless when numerous people are saying excuse me and trying to pass by.

Crowding of hot tubs. I don't mind the occasional person squeezing in and making it crowded but when 3 or 4 try to squeeze in and make it quite uncomfortable with having to touch strangers body parts.

Saving of seats. Last cruise I saw a couple near me saving seats at shows, putting their belongings on seats next to them, telling people the seats were being saved when asked. Then as soon as lights went off and show started they removed the belongings and had 2 empty seats on either side of them empty. So funny I just happened to sit next to them 2 separate times and saw them do the same thing twice lol. They were lucky they didn't get called out because on another night someone was trying to save seats and other people that wanted the seats argued with them until they gave up the seats.

Wow!!  If the view to the stage was better, I'd scoot right next to them.

• Haha 3

The 9 a.m. public address announcements. If we've been up really late we can just roll over and go back to sleep, but most days it gets us up for the day. With 9 a.m. reveille we end up waking up earlier on vacation than we do at home. We don't keep nursing home hours. (But on the plus side they have brought back late night snacks for those of us who actually party and have fun on the fun ships.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, icft said:

The 9 a.m. public address announcements. If we've been up really late we can just roll over and go back to sleep, but most days it gets us up for the day. With 9 a.m. reveille we end up waking up earlier on vacation than we do at home. We don't keep nursing home hours. (But on the plus side they have brought back late night snacks for those of us who actually party and have fun on the fun ships.)

So no announcements.    Got it.  Some people do not need to party to have fun.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wish they would stop blocking wifi calling/texting. I am paying for the wifi after all and I can stream Netflix, use WhatsApp and Facebook messenger, but I can't get a phone call or text over wifi. I've really enjoyed being able to do that on other cruise lines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SeaScout said:

Having just sailed a different cruise line, apparently the "bacon shortage" has only affected Carnival. 

Amen! My last cruise (with another cruise line) I saw so much crispy bacon served every morning that I wanted to cry with joy. And it was self serve too. No bacon police. 

Edited by Rudyard
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Elevators!!  People that that don't allow people to exit before they barge in..  Also, when an elevator is full, the people that want to squeeze in.  Sometimes you are just going to have to wait until the crowd dies down or take the stairs.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 13

45 minutes ago, jennas_mum said:

Definitely their deserts. I am not very picky and can always find something but if only their deserts tasted as good as they looked. I am usually a pretty simple person and would love a soft brownie or cookie. 

My sub-peeve on this is their cakes. When I want a slice of cake I want some cake. Our experience has been that the layers of icing are thicker than the layers of cake. At 10 years old I thought that was great. At 70 I want some cake. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Blue card holders, AKA, first time cruisers, trying to drink their weight in booze.

People suddenly stopping while in the buffet line or, turning around because they forgot something or heading back to their table with people walking behind them carrying their plates, I have seen people end up with food spilled on their backs. 
On CCL, they only have the very fancy desserts, cakes etc on the lunch buffet. 
People walking up the left side of a staircase, while people are coming down the same side of the staircases. 
Parents turning their young kids loose at the beginning of a cruise and not seeing them again until the cruise is over. Very annoying 😡
And the most disgusting thing of all is people wearing swimsuits that are waaaaaaaay too small for their bodies and that they are waaaaaaay too big and old to be wearing them. Think pickle slings and butt floss on grandparents, not a pretty sight. 🤮 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, coondog99 said:

--Same ports of call on the bigger ships and of course, those that Carnival has invested $ in. eg Grand Turk, Amber Cove, etc

--lack of different level of Cheers type packages.

--elimination of paper menus

Levels of Cheers would be great!  My DH doesn’t drink but loves milkshakes.  I get him bubbles for his Diet Pepsi but has to pay for milkshakes.  I drink and love coffee but can’t do Cheers because it isn’t worth it for both of us.  Either add coffee and milkshakes to bubbles or make different drink packages.  How hard can it be?

• Like 11

I am not sure who is to blame but I cannot stand kids who run up and down the corridors after 9 or 10pm. It happens mostly on Carnival cruises but I have also seen and heard it on Royal ships. I have a theory: parents let kids run wild at night to tire them out. I want a nice quiet cabin at night so I can sleep. If they had decks without children I would book them.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Hmm, I have seen them and talked to them. Cleaning up to 38 cabins per day. Pretty easy to figure that out that math.  

On the Panorama, there are 2004 cabins. That would be 52 stewards at 38 cabins per steward. .  Ask you steward how they clean your room so fast.  You would be amazed how little they have to clean

2 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I am not sure who is to blame but I cannot stand kids who run up and down the corridors after 9 or 10pm. It happens mostly on Carnival cruises but I have also seen and heard it on Royal ships. I have a theory: parents let kids run wild at night to tire them out. I want a nice quiet cabin at night so I can sleep. If they had decks without children I would book them.

While it is not desirable it is unavoidable on a "family" cruise line. We only cruise September through April to reduce the problem and that has worked well for us. But it is a legitimate peeve.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

That might be because the late night crowds in the Dance Club/Disco seems to be where the majority of the fights have been breaking out recently. 

I agree.  I think that is intentional!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jennas_mum said:

Definitely their deserts. I am not very picky and can always find something but if only their deserts tasted as good as they looked. I am usually a pretty simple person and would love a soft brownie or cookie. 

MDR desserts are usually pretty good but I totally agree when it comes to the offerings at the Lido buffet.  The cakes and desserts look marvelous...but they just are not!😪

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

MDR desserts are usually pretty good but I totally agree when it comes to the offerings at the Lido buffet.  The cakes and desserts look marvelous...but they just are not!😪

Do they actually have real bakers on these ships? I feel like most deserts are sitting in a freezer frozen and thawed for mass consumption.