EZair question

BOOFER9

5 minutes ago, BOOFER9 said:

How can you check EZ-Air for prices when you already have flights booked with EZ-Air booked?

Actually, the way to do it is to login to the Cruise Personalizer and then go to Flights and shop your same flights or alternatives to same destination.  You can then compare the new cost to the old cost.  You can take it all the way down to the final confirmation page and bail then with no changes, or cancel out of the process anytime prior to that and your current booking is preserved.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Actually, the way to do it is to login to the Cruise Personalizer and then go to Flights and shop your same flights or alternatives to same destination.  You can then compare the new cost to the old cost.  You can take it all the way down to the final confirmation page and bail then with no changes, or cancel out of the process anytime prior to that and your current booking is preserved.

I do this same thing every day. Click 'manage flights' and then 'change flights'. Nothing will be changed or finalized until the very last step where you confirm after you've selected the new flights.

I think it's better to do it this way in the Personalizer vs the flight quote option, because you can make selections immediately. Why run the risk that the pricing has changed while you take time to log in to the Personalizer.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I’m pre-final payment and want to change my return air, but leave my outbound intact. Modifying in the cruise personalizer doesn’t allow this, as it makes you search for the complete round trip. 

Problem: My outbound flight is no longer being offered through EZAir. Can only

my return air be changed by calling, or will a live agent also make me redo the entire itinerary? 

Is there a separate phone number to EZAir, or do I call the regular Princess 800-number?

Thank you 👍

EZ Air:  800-545-0008 (route and assistance desk)

airdepartment@princesscruises.com

If they are overloaded, it will default to Princess call center and you will get an agent who knows very little about EZ Air.  They may be able to transfer you....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

When I log into the Personalizer and and access my EZ Air reservations, then select Change Flights, I get the option to Change Departure Flight, Change Return Flight, or Change Both.  

Screenshot 2023-11-05 8.09.47 PM.png

Maybe they responded to feedback!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

When I log into the Personalizer and and access my EZ Air reservations, then select Change Flights, I get the option to Change Departure Flight, Change Return Flight, or Change Both.  

Screenshot 2023-11-05 8.09.47 PM.png

Not that I ever looked, but thank you for pointing out these links.  I didn't know that.

• Like 1

EZair now offers a partial modify feature. Like mentioned above, if your air booking qualifies, you will be prompted to choose your direction or change both directions. There will be an option to exit without modification on the fare summary before moving forward to confirm your changes. Additionally the newest update allows to add the opposite direction to your existing one way flight. There are parameters that allow for these modifying features.

1. airline has to allow one way modification. Not all do.
2. air must be flexible. Restricted air is not eligible for partial modify.

3. air cannot be in the penalty period or have a discount associated with it.
4. tickets cannot be issued whether through early ticketing or airline requiring tickets be issued prior to 45 days from flight per the contract for the flexible fare. 

With all that said, if your air booking allows for it, you will have the option to change one direction or add the opposite direction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a question regarding modifying EZ Air flights that I can’t get an answer to.  I’ve called Princess and Virgin who I booked flights with.  After I booked my flights with EZ Air I went to the Virgin Atlantic site to select and pay for seats.  My flight fare has gone down but does anyone know if I will lose my seats if I continue through the process?  Princess told me my booking will cancel not “refare”.  If it cancels, then I lose my seats and payments.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Thank you.  

1 hour ago, trekkerlady said:

I had a question regarding modifying EZ Air flights that I can’t get an answer to.  I’ve called Princess and Virgin who I booked flights with.  After I booked my flights with EZ Air I went to the Virgin Atlantic site to select and pay for seats.  My flight fare has gone down but does anyone know if I will lose my seats if I continue through the process?  Princess told me my booking will cancel not “refare”.  If it cancels, then I lose my seats and payments.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Thank you.  

Yes, you will loose the seat assignments you paid for.  EZAir cancels the air reservation altogether in the event of a re-fare.  If you cancel and re-fare with EZAir, it's up to you to go after Virgin for the refund for the seat assignments for the cancelled reservation.  Some airlines, automatically refund the ancillary charges attached to a reservation when cancelled.  Can't speak to whether or not Virgin Atlantic is one of these airlines.

I always cancel and rebook at new fare. However, I did notice last week you can select “change”. By selecting Change, I wonder if you keep your existing reservation number and if so, you should be able to keep your seats. Never tried it before however maybe someone has and will comment on it. 

• Like 1

Thank you both for the info.  I went ahead last night and rebooked the new fare.  The first chat I did was prior to rebooking and that rep told me not possible to transfer.  Perhaps he didn't understand what I was asking or I didn't make it clear enough.  This time through Chat with Virgin, I got a very helpful rep who was able to transfer/reassign my seats to the new booking.  She said as long as it was "like to like" that was doable.  I was a happy cruiser last night!  🙂 

• Like 2