Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

One hour till boarding time. I just want to get home and take another shower, and maybe have one large shot of tequila to hopefully knock me out. I haven't been sleeping worth a flip this week, even though I was in bed for a good bit of the time. I'm trying to calculate how many work days are left until Christmas break, when we're off from before Christmas until after New Years. In my best estimation, it's 43 more days... Hopefully I can survive that... I still haven't told work about the Tribe cruise, so I guess I need to do that...

• Like 20

I just overheard the gate agent saying that my flight is oversold. Doesn't the airline know exactly how many seats are in the plane? And, if so, how do they sell more tickets than seats? Inquiring minds want to know...

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

This thing says it's 76° in Atlanta. I might be able to get the motorcycle out this week!

Yes, it's a beautiful day here today.

As for over-selling flights, they've been doing it for decades.

Cruise lines do it as well. They always count on a certain % of no-shows or cancellations.

Many times they get it wrong.

They will ask for volunteers, and offer $$$ for folks to take another flight.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Yes, it's a beautiful day here today.

As for over-selling flights, they've been doing it for decades.

Cruise lines do it as well. They always count on a certain % of no-shows or cancellations.

Many times they get it wrong.

They will ask for volunteers, and offer $$$ for folks to take another flight.

3 minutes ago, JoeTec said:

Hey Sid

This might be a chance to make some money back. Sometimes they offer $ to give up your seat. I know you want to get home but if you can cash in.....

Yes, awhile back when I was going home, they got all the way up to $1000 for volunteers. I wanted to get home so bad I didn't do it. Even if I got paid to take a later flight, I'd still have to go to work tomorrow, so I just want to get home. Plus, I don't want to be on the Marta train real late at night, not that I'm afraid, but that's when the real whackos are riding.

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

Finally, after an incredibly long day hanging out at the Miami airport, I'm in the plane and my bag is stowed directly above me. The dude to my right is either a football player, professional wrestler, or a Navy Seal, and he's pouring all over into my sector. Whatever the case, hopefully these people get on the plane quickly and we have a nice timely departure...

PXL_20231022_203004304.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 15

50 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I don't want to be on the Marta train real late at night, not that I'm afraid, but that's when the real whackos are riding.

Southwest stranded me in Miami on Christmas Eve last year. I took the train from the airport back to Brickell and scored a last minute room at Citizen M for $99.00.

Whoops...just realized your talking about the train in Atlanta.....been here 11 years, never ridden it.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 5

On the floor in Atlanta, and waiting for the Marta train north to Buckhead... With any luck I can still make it home by 8:00 or a little after. I think that they may be doing maintenance on the tracks near here, so maybe a little later, but I'm here...

• Like 22

I just now deleted the Virgin Voyages app from my phone. Not because I'll never sail with them again, but it'll be at least a year from now if I do. When that time comes around, I'll reinstall it. As far as this "review" goes, I think I'm just going to shovel some dirt over it and act like it never happened. Thanks to all of you who followed along and commented along this strange and twisted journey. I think that I'm also going to forego the traditional dirty laundry on the floor, as well as the traditional thank you list. I appreciate each and every one of you fine readers out there, but I think it's time to put a fork in this one and move along. Join me in early January over on the Carnival board for what will hopefully be an epic adventure on the Celebration with a whole lotta Cruise Critic members who call themselves the Tribe... Until then.........

• Like 60

I'm so excited for  the Tribe cruise.  My  brother lives in Boynton Beach and I was telling him about the Tribe cruise in January.  I didn't book a hotel but little brother is coming through.  He's planning to pick us up when we land in Miami and we are staying at his house the night before the Tribe cruise. He will drive us to the port on Sunday. Little brother and my kids think I'm crazy for going on a cruise with my internet friends.  But I know it will be awesome and I can't wait.

• Like 15

If I ever needed some light at the end of the tunnel it's today, and my red shirt I ordered for Scarlet night was placed in the lock box and not stolen... If and when I ever sail on Virgin Voyages again, I'm ready... 

Now I'm about to take another shower and have a nice big shot of tequila before bedtime and my return to work tomorrow. Thanks again if you made it this far...

PXL_20231023_001848800.jpg

• Like 39

Luckily enough, I had an extra one of these Virgin Voyages bracelet boxes from back in the day, when they used to mail them to you... Interestingly enough, it's separated from the others in plenty more ways than one...

PXL_20231023_010355559.thumb.jpg.f33a62fb8bc8c0e82dac5aba241d78f7.jpg

PXL_20231023_010331009.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, BohJang said:

I'm so excited for  the Tribe cruise.  My  brother lives in Boynton Beach and I was telling him about the Tribe cruise in January.  I didn't book a hotel but little brother is coming through.  He's planning to pick us up when we land in Miami and we are staying at his house the night before the Tribe cruise. He will drive us to the port on Sunday. Little brother and my kids think I'm crazy for going on a cruise with my internet friends.  But I know it will be awesome and I can't wait.

Tell them your internet friends are cooler than their internet friends. 😝

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

On 10/20/2023 at 9:44 AM, sid_9169 said:

Well, you know how life sometimes throws a curve ball at from straight out of the blue? I think one hit me last night around 3:00 am. Remember what happened on board Scarlet Lady exactly one week ago today? Well, it struck me, and I've spent most of the night going back and forth to the bathroom, probably at least a dozen or more times...

I couldn't get back to sleep most of the time, so I ended up just lying there hoping whatever it is will just run it's course. It's 9:40 am now, and I'm going to head up to get some coffee. There's an extreme possibility that I won't be enjoying Bimini today, as there's just no way I want to have to be running back and forth to the public restrooms there all day. I don't know if I should try and visit the medical center, as I sure as heck don't want to incurr some kind of huge medical bill. I'm probably just going to "ride it out" for awhile and see what happens.

Even worse, this exact same thing happened to me on the Halloween cruise on the Norwegian Escape six years ago... My very first Live Review, which basically fell apart before it got off the ground.........

So sorry on this. It’s sucks they had an issue with this last week yet 90% of bathrooms out of soap?!?

• Like 1