Luminae Edge-Class — Everyday Dinner Offerings?

paylady

Yes.  At least they did when I was on the Beyond last year.  You never know with their recent menu changes but they have been the same as in the MDR and Blu.  They aren't printed on the Luminae menu.  If your waiter doesn't mention them, just ask. 

Apps

• Ceasar Salad

• Shrimp Cocktail

• French Onion Soup

• Escargot

Entrees

• Grilled Chicken Breast

• Broiled Salmon

• Steak - the one offered in the MDR, it was Sirloin.

🍹

• Like 2

8 hours ago, paylady said:

We will be traveling on Apex in December. I was wondering if the Edge Class ships have a few everyday starters and main dish offerings at dinner in Luminae.  Can anyone please confirm?

I am going to try this when I get onboard in November for a 12 night cruise in The Retreat.

Order items from the Room Service Menu at Luminae. Reason? There is a Ribeye steak in that menu and if it can be ordered from Retreat Lounge, why can't it be served or brought into Luminae?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, agape01 said:

I am going to try this when I get onboard in November for a 12 night cruise in The Retreat.

Order items from the Room Service Menu at Luminae. Reason? There is a Ribeye steak in that menu and if it can be ordered from Retreat Lounge, why can't it be served or brought into Luminae?

I just checked the Suite Room Service menu on the current sailing of the Beyond and there is no rib eye, in fact no steak at all on the menu

11 hours ago, agape01 said:

Ask if they can bring you a ribeye, not saying they will be able to but don't recall them ever not accommodating a request if they are able to. Always excellent service has been our experience.

I was on Apex recently and the Luminae menus were sufficiently broad to suit our quite different tastes.

However, we did witness two instances of people ordering from MDR menus (vegetarian options?) and the food arrived cold, as it had had to get from one end of the ship to the other. It had to be sent into the kitchen for microwaving, which kind of detracts from the Luminae fine-dining experience!

This was also the candid view of our waiter when I casually asked if the MDR options were also a possibility.

1 hour ago, marco491 said:

I was on Apex recently and the Luminae menus were sufficiently broad to suit our quite different tastes.

However, we did witness two instances of people ordering from MDR menus (vegetarian options?) and the food arrived cold, as it had had to get from one end of the ship to the other. It had to be sent into the kitchen for microwaving, which kind of detracts from the Luminae fine-dining experience!

This was also the candid view of our waiter when I casually asked if the MDR options were also a possibility.

I don’t know what folks expect when they order food from a dining room at the other end of the ship..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marco491 said:

You cited the reason that ordering off the MDR menu is normally not possible in Luminae.  In addition to arriving cold it takes a staff member away for approx 15 minutes to go retrieve the order.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I just checked the Suite Room Service menu on the current sailing of the Beyond and there is no rib eye, in fact no steak at all on the menu

Ribeye Steak is showing in the Celebrity app for the Suite room service All  Day menu for the current sailing of Millennium. 

Ribeye is also showing for dinner on Day 2 in Luminae and Day 3 in Blu. 

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

That's not a ribeye, that's the "ribeye" mystery meat that people in this thread are referring to

Agree - just stating what the menu on the app reflects.  IIRC the last time we dined in Luminae, our waiter told us it was not ribeye but rather it was in fact more like prime rib.

See post #7 in this thread:

Edited by DaKahuna

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don’t know what folks expect when they order food from a dining room at the other end of the ship..

They probably expect it to be stuck in the microwave before it is brought to their table :-)

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Agree - just stating what the menu on the app reflects.  IIRC the last time we dined in Luminae, our waiter told us it was not ribeye but rather it was in fact more like prime rib.

Yes it's a roast, not a steak, and certainly not a ribeye. And to correct myself, it wasn't being discussed in this thread but in a separate dedicated thread. My apologies.

Just now, RichYak said:

Yes it's a roast, not a steak, and certainly not a ribeye. And to correct myself, it wasn't being discussed in this thread but in a separate dedicated thread. My apologies.

🙂 🙂😉😉 You and I are posting on both !! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marco491 said:

It's been our experience that on E-class because the MDR kitchen is not located near Luminae one could not order from MDR or Blu menus. On other class ships as the kitchens were in close proximity to each other we have ordered from them on a rare occasion as we've always found Luminae works for us. 

As for food 'classics' arriving cold... we didn't ask for anything from the changing MDR menu, only the classics, since it was E-class.  They were never cold or seemed to be sitting.  I wasn't in the Luminae kitchen but I would venture to say the Classic items are stocked in the Luminae kitchen.   The Luminae menu is limited, very limited at times, in my opinion, so having the classics available nightly is beneficial.  

Our waiter offered them before we asked. 

🍹

Our corporate cafeteria grill station always has a variety of proteins available.  And, there's always a pasta noodle that can be sauced a few different ways.  Some classics and pasta do seem to be available at Luminae (some are on the kids menu), along with a salad, and veggies (which always seem like they are iffy and inconsistent).  BUT, considering these are bleak times, we'll be lucky if quality and options from pre-Laura are actually available in the coming months.  fingers crossed.

I know it sounds nice when a waiter offers x,y,z like its special, but it would help if the menus were designed in such a way as to present all potential options.  That may make it more difficult to service since the main Luminae items wouldn't be the focus, but it would alleviate some ambiguity about just what is available.  That said, would not want them to limit themselves to the printed page, which is a likely by product of any change from the status quo (or what had been).  

Edited by Cap_D

On 10/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

As for food 'classics' arriving cold... we didn't ask for anything from the changing MDR menu, only the classics, since it was E-class.  They were never cold or seemed to be sitting.  I wasn't in the Luminae kitchen but I would venture to say the Classic items are stocked in the Luminae kitchen.   The Luminae menu is limited, very limited at times, in my opinion, so having the classics available nightly is beneficial.  

Our waiter offered them before we asked. 

🍹

Many thanks for your first post and follow-up.