Alaska/return from Seattle to NYC?

tokidoki

Hi cruisers!  We’re planning a n sailing on the Encore and with the free airfare going back from Seattle, just trying to find out what times the flights were that NCL arranged, back to the east coast?  Looking at late May.  Thx! 

That happened to me in 2019 - got booked on a red-eye from LA to Philly, then changed planes to get home.  There were earlier flights, but policies prevented me from getting on one.  Rented a car and did some sightseeing in the LA area before having dinner at the airport while waiting for boarding time.

55 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You might wish to consider requesting a deviation, spending debarkation day touring Seattle, spending the night, and taking an earlier flight home the day after debarkation.

Which is PRECISELY what I'm doing for my cruise in Jan/Feb.  Rather than rushing to LAX on debarkation day to make a 1:30 flight I'm staying an extra day, got a hotel room right by the airport and will arrive at home around 7 PM Eastern Monday rather than midnight that morning.  I was going to need to take that Monday off from work anyway AND I'm SAVING money as I can book my return flight using points on Southwest (they don't have a late enough Sunday flight for me to catch so I'd have had to pay on another airline and the hotel room is cheaper than that flight).

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Tell me again, why fly NCL?

Slightly off subject, since my upcoming trip is international, but I'm going to Qatar in December.  Just checked the prices for my flights (which BTW are the flights that also come up as best choice when I search).  My flight to Qatar (quickest listed) is $3,302, about 17 hrs.  Cheapest flight is $1,673, 23 hours.

Flight home from Dubai (quickest listed) is $1,882, 24 hours. Cheapest is $1,128, 58 hours.

So $3,302 + $1,882 -$989 (what I paid NCL) = over $4k in savings if I had wanted to pay the price for those flights - although I may have opted for longer flights just to save myself some money.

So that's why I fly NCL under certain conditions. But I don't use NCL if I have specific plans for my time pre or post cruise.

As to Seattle, it's a 5hr drive for me, simpler to drive than fly....

38 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Slightly off subject, since my upcoming trip is international, but I'm going to Qatar in December.  Just checked the prices for my flights (which BTW are the flights that also come up as best choice when I search).  My flight to Qatar (quickest listed) is $3,302, about 17 hrs.  Cheapest flight is $1,673, 23 hours.

Flight home from Dubai (quickest listed) is $1,882, 24 hours. Cheapest is $1,128, 58 hours.

So $3,302 + $1,882 -$989 (what I paid NCL) = over $4k in savings if I had wanted to pay the price for those flights - although I may have opted for longer flights just to save myself some money.

So that's why I fly NCL under certain conditions. But I don't use NCL if I have specific plans for my time pre or post cruise.

As to Seattle, it's a 5hr drive for me, simpler to drive than fly....

You're a better man than I am.  No way I'd signup for any of those flights.  I used to do military charters that were like that.  No more.  In fact, I just cancelled a cruise out of Seattle because of the flights necessary for that cruise.

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You're a better man than I am.  No way I'd signup for any of those flights.  I used to do military charters that were like that.  No more.  In fact, I just cancelled a cruise out of Seattle because of the flights necessary for that cruise.

What on earth are you talking about??? NCL does not book charters (except Tahiti as far as I know).  The flights NCL uses are the same commercial flights that I would be able to book myself. Often at a considerable savings.

Just now, julig22 said:

What on earth are you talking about??? NCL does not book charters (except Tahiti as far as I know).  The flights NCL uses are the same commercial flights that I would be able to book myself. Often at a considerable savings.

I was quite clear that I was comparing those lengthy flights to some flights i took when I was in the military.   I simply would not sign up for any of those flights you mentioned regardless of the savings.

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I was quite clear that I was comparing those lengthy flights to some flights i took when I was in the military.   I simply would not sign up for any of those flights you mentioned regardless of the savings.

Uh, Ok.  Yea, I hate long flights but I hate multiple shorter flights, if they are even available, even more. Less stressful for me, because of possible delays and cancellations, layovers, luggage transfers, etc.

My point is that choosing NCL flights doesn't necessarily mean your flights are any worse than what you can choose from on your own.

23 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yes, NCL does do charter flights in emergency situations: example bringing passengers back from  the Dominican Republic off The Escape. 

37 minutes ago, julig22 said:

UMy point is that choosing NCL flights doesn't necessarily mean your flights are any worse than what you can choose from on your own.

True, but if I pick my flights, I get to choose.  

If NCL gets to choose, it's going to be their preferences, not mine.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

True, but if I pick my flights, I get to choose.  

If NCL gets to choose, it's going to be their preferences, not mine.

Im with RocketMan on this one, I rather select my flights even if it cost me extra.

4 minutes ago, destar said:

Im with RocketMan on this one, I rather select my flights even if it cost me extra.

Ditto. When I was in my 30's or 40's I'd just roll with it for the price. Now that I'm 60, I'll choose my own destiny, thank you.