Room service tipping

ClaireRuss

Just wondering what would be customary for a tip to the person bringing you some room service food, e.g. for breakfast or snacks? I know the ship runs on dollars, but would euros be acceptable to give for a cruise in european waters?

9 minutes ago, ClaireRuss said:

Just wondering what would be customary for a tip to the person bringing you some room service food, e.g. for breakfast or snacks? I know the ship runs on dollars, but would euros be acceptable to give for a cruise in european waters?

I don’t tip room service. I feel that is included in the gratuities. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ClaireRuss said:

We given them 2 or 3 dollars for service.

Maybe 5 if bringing items for two passengers in the same cabin.

It is a separate service coming from a separate prep kitchen and delivered to the cabin. We appreciate their service especially when order is much appreciated in less time then expected. 

It's really up to the passenger thoughts of the type of service rendered. But know they appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To answer the OP’s question, tips in any major currency are fine. The crew have currency exchange facilities. I used pounds on a recent cruise (though not for room service, which we did not have).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ClaireRuss said:

No tipping for room service.

Euros fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ClaireRuss said:

It is customary for the individual to do only what they feel comfortable with.  
(The chatter on this site regarding tipping will never change a persons entrenched mindset)
Maybe zero, it could be $2/5 for drinks only, $5/10 for drinks/light food (Breakfast) or $10/20 when multi course dining in the evening.  It’s one’s money, do whatever one wishes.

Personally believe in the thought of “what goes around……”

A gratuity will be appreciated in Legal Tender of US$ or €

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, devolve said:

There is no pressure to tip. Staff quickly bring in the food and exit just as quickly no waiting for a tip. 

Unfortunately we did not experience that on our last 2 sailings. They even offered to set up the table for us. 

Really never experienced at hit and run staff member.

• Like 1