HAL website issues?

sunviking90

I'm having a lot of problems with their site, too (Windows 10, Firefox). It will usually work one time after clearing the "Holland America" and "HALW" cookies, then the same problem recurs. It will usually also work if I open the site as a private window, although a number of features don't work. Lots of HAL browsing problems these days...

I'm unable to log in with Chrome or Safari. It instantly says:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

😞

14 minutes ago, Waxer said:

I'm unable to log in with Chrome or Safari. It instantly says:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Yup that is the one. Or one of the common two errors (the other is something like ERROR 404). And then there is the blank screen, usually on weekends...

Just below the X to close program, on Chrome there is a vertical line of three dots. Click and the third option is "New Incognito window". That is the one you want to try!

On 10/28/2023 at 12:00 PM, crystalspin said:

Yup that is the one. Or one of the common two errors (the other is something like ERROR 404). And then there is the blank screen, usually on weekends...

Just below the X to close program, on Chrome there is a vertical line of three dots. Click and the third option is "New Incognito window". That is the one you want to try!

I haven't been able to connect with HAL website for several days.  I tried the incognito window, and, while I was able to at least get to the home page on the website, when I clicked on a link to get information it gave me a "sorry, we're having issues" window.

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

I haven't been able to connect with HAL website for several days.  I tried the incognito window, and, while I was able to at least get to the home page on the website, when I clicked on a link to get information it gave me a "sorry, we're having issues" window.

That sounds like weekend problems! Try again (and again) today.