Black Friday Sale maybe?

latebuyer

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

NCL has replaced  their 35% off both passengres with a 70% off the second passenger.

Don't wait, it won't last too long.

It will be replaced by the 35% off both passengers sale soon.

Which will be replaced by the 70% off the second passenger sale.

Oh, cool.

I think I'll wait for the extra super sale after that - 20% off the first passenger + 50% off the second.

Can't beat TWO discounts, right?

3 hours ago, kjquilts said:

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: October 27th– November 1st, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book any stateroom on any cruise booked 4 months prior to sailing and apply 2 CruiseNext deposits.
• Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

Yeah…now I’m in serious shopping for my next cruise mode.  Nothing like putting a deadline on it!

• Thanks 1

Oh lordy lordy - the 50% sale is on (actually 2nd person free)

So here come the claims of huge Black Friday/holiday savings.

Gonna rush right out and claim that $10/pp savings - over what I had 2 days ago with that measly 35% off.

Note, cruise #1 has already gone down by about $800, so of course it would look like a big savings if I hadn't already taken the price drop. Just booked cruise #2 so no history of price drops.

But there's still double up...

image.png.032eb6d5cd356b9f473ec9663f317824.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Oh lordy lordy - the 50% sale is on

😄 Yeah... This time I could really see how they upped the "original" price and coming to the exact same amount as with the 35% "sale" on a cruise I'm monitoring. Not even a single dollar less than yesterday! 😄  Soooo shady! 😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

😄 Yeah... This time I could really see how they upped the "original" price and coming to the exact same amount as with the 35% "sale" on a cruise I'm monitoring. Not even a single dollar less than yesterday! 😄  Soooo shady! 😮 

I checked our booking (3 in a club balcony suite), and it is actually £200 higher with 50% off than the 35% at time of booking. I don't get it.

Booked direct in Miami, but subject to uk t&c's.

NCL does NOT hold "REAL" sales; they just juggle with the figures so it appears they are offering something different.   IT DOESN'T.

I am very surprised that the NZ authorities have never taken NCL to court over their "crossed out" prices.   I bet the way they use this as advertising is illegal in NZ.   Here a "crossed out" price has had to be offered as the actual price "recently"..

23 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

I am very surprised that the NZ authorities have never taken NCL to court over their "crossed out" prices.   I bet the way they use this as advertising is illegal in NZ.   Here a "crossed out" price has had to be offered as the actual price "recently"..

The same in Sweden! Sweden is a very small market for NCL, but I'm sure other countries have similar rules. I'm amazed they can get away with this!

Just did a quick cursory look at fares through Q1 2024.  Some went up, some went down, depending on the category and ship.

Viva, is high, which is to be expected.  But, I'd say their sales are generally the same as they always are.  You just have to shop to get a good fare.

Prima had a really good deal on a Haven cabin for end of January, but I think there was only one left.

With my Former Military discount, I booked the Prima in the Haven for about the same fare as a 7-day Royal Caribbean Balcony Cabin similar itinerary on one of their newer ships with no perks on the  and I still got the FAS perks from NCL.

Like anything else, and certainly with cruise lines, you just have to shop to find the best sale deals.

Not sure I understand what NCL is "getting away with"?

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Oh ... 50% sale is on (actually 2nd person free)

So here come the claims of huge Black Friday/holiday savings ... 

image.png.032eb6d5cd356b9f473ec9663f317824.png

The Doubleup offer that lasted a few days earlier (October) was valid for any stateroom ... one of my BIL was able to apply a 2nd deposit for 2024, they booked early since SIL need an accessible cabin.  Price drop isn't as important as the limited availability of those designated stateroom.  

Current Doubleup "offer" is for balcony or higher, NOT exactly the same.  

We looked ahead at 2 different Pacific coastal in 2024 with ships repositioning between seasonal ports ... guess who's priced much higher for balcony & up.  Hint: it's not the other mass line, both are "older" mid-size ships.  Still, cheaper than a pair of transcon BusinessFirst seats on legacy carrier's narrow body jet.  Pricing is all relative comparison.  Holding those CN Deposits, not about ready to "release" them to click or apply.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

The Doubleup offer that lasted a few days earlier (October) was valid for any stateroom ... one of my BIL was able to apply a 2nd deposit for 2024, they booked early since SIL need an accessible cabin.  Price drop isn't as important as the limited availability of those designated stateroom.  

My mistake, I didn't notice the balcony part. But I am speculating that it will reappear before I have to make final payments of upcoming cruises.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

My mistake, I didn't notice the balcony part. But I am speculating that it will reappear before I have to make final payments of upcoming cruises.

LOL, don't you worry about the "mistake" - seasoned CC addicts like us know all about reading the fine prints & disclosures carefully, less I forget my reading or progressive glasses.  Probably will see see something better around the holidays ... NCL need to cope with rising fuel costs despite higher revenues collected from cruisers.  Wait, I should say, "extracted" - a better descriptive term to use.  Wave season coming around - weeks away for those of us flexible and can wait, let's see who's going to blink.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I checked our booking (3 in a club balcony suite), and it is actually £200 higher with 50% off than the 35% at time of booking. I don't get it.

Booked direct in Miami, but subject to uk t&c's.

On my cruise, they took away the $99 3rd and 4th guest and its $349 now.  

My TCC just told me today that a triple-up starts Nov. 8 and runs through Nov. 16. Seems like weird dates. And now I don't remember if she said it was CN certs or Latitude points. I'm assuming CN.

She also said that CN certs no longer have an expiration date, effective immediately.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, julig22 said:

Yes, last year on Black Friday the sale was 50% off, However, it was already at 50% before BF, stayed there at least into January, had been 40% prior to that, and was 35% before that.  What I am saying is that there usually isn't anything special for BF. But if you happen to check, thinking it's a great deal, you might see a price change and chalk it up to a BF sale.

NCL is now having a 50% (aka BOGO) sale for the next 4 days.  

8 hours ago, Asawi said:

That's what I figured. No big deal.

NCL seems to be focusing and targeting promos to select groups.  Who those groups are and how they target them seems to be something of a mystery.  But, this past year, NCL targeted many of us with 20%-50% off coupons for Alaska and European itineraries.  Seems not everyone got the offers, and I have no idea why.  But, it wasn’t widely advertised.

I took advantage of both and got great fares.  Truth told, I got a great fare on my upcoming Prima sailing next year.  You just have to be ready to book when you find those.  My fare category sold out quickly.

I have no basis in fact on any of this, but my hypothesis is NCL is trying to retain their upper tier Latitudes guests with the coupons, while luring in new customers with the typical cruise hype that all the cruise lines use….(% off fares, BOGO, flights, etc).  All the cruise lines have been doing this for years, maybe decades.  As soon as you realize that, you’re able to separate to wheat from the chaffe.

Edited by graphicguy

16 hours ago, mking8288 said:

We looked ahead at 2 different Pacific coastal in 2024 with ships repositioning between seasonal ports ... guess who's priced much higher for balcony & up.  Hint: it's not the other mass line, both are "older" mid-size ships.  Still, cheaper than a pair of transcon BusinessFirst seats on legacy carrier's narrow body jet.  Pricing is all relative comparison.  Holding those CN Deposits, not about ready to "release" them to click or apply.  

I used the current promo already.  I have one more CN and CF cert in my account.  Got a couple of years to pounce on another promo somewhere down the line.

But, as you say, we see the promos and know the good ones from the “same old-same old”.  I look at fares at least every week, many times every day.

I need to get a life!

• Haha 2

On 11/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, graphicguy said:

NCL seems to be focusing and targeting promos to select groups.  Who those groups are and how they target them seems to be something of a mystery.  But, this past year, NCL targeted many of us with 20%-50% off coupons for Alaska and European itineraries.  Seems not everyone got the offers, and I have no idea why.  But, it wasn’t widely advertised.

I took advantage of both and got great fares.  Truth told, I got a great fare on my upcoming Prima sailing next year.  You just have to be ready to book when you find those.  My fare category sold out quickly.

I have no basis in fact on any of this, but my hypothesis is NCL is trying to retain their upper tier Latitudes guests with the coupons, while luring in new customers with the typical cruise hype that all the cruise lines use….(% off fares, BOGO, flights, etc).  All the cruise lines have been doing this for years, maybe decades.  As soon as you realize that, you’re able to separate to wheat from the chaffe.

I also don’t have any idea who they’re trying to target, but I also got both of those coupons, and also took advantage of both.  Keep hoping for more coupons to mysteriously show up in my account, but haven’t seen them since these two coupons early this past summer.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:27 PM, RocketMan275 said:

NCL has replaced  their 35% off both passengres with a 70% off the second passenger.

Don't wait, it won't last too long.

It will be replaced by the 35% off both passengers sale soon.

Which will be replaced by the 70% off the second passenger sale.

looks like they resurrected  the 2nd person free promo. That was what was on when I first got interested in cruising on NCL. I patiently waited for awhile for it to reappear and during that time I   was told it was no different than the other promos

19 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

looks like they resurrected  the 2nd person free promo. That was what was on when I first got interested in cruising on NCL. I patiently waited for awhile for it to reappear and during that time I   was told it was no different than the other promos

I have multiple cruises booked at 35/70%. I check prices periodically so take advantage of price drops as they occur, regardless of the "sale".

Prices went down a full $10/person with the current 50%sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2