Celebrity special dining

Szt

We are embarking on our first Celebrity cruise in a couple weeks. It’s a surprise for my hubby for our 10 yr anniversary. I am trying to decide if I should book a specialty restaurant the night of our anniversary. 
We have done some specialty dining in NCL before and honestly didn’t find the food to be any better than the MDR, except the one that had a hibachi table. But I don’t think the ship we will be on has one. 
My husband loves things like lamb, seafood or a really good steak. We like Italian but that’s one of the few kinds of cuisine we can often make at home. We now live in a tiny town where the only food we can get are burgers, pizza and a Friday fish fry. So I’m sure anything else will seem like a treat. So is it worth spending $100 for the two of us or is the food in the MDR really just as good?

What ship? If you are on an S-class ship (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, or Reflection) I'd recommend Murano. It's outstanding with many tableside preparations, and the food is wonderful with a fine dining feel. It's perfect for a special celebration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We lobe the chateaubriand in Murano that is prepared tableside as well as the lobster Murano and the Dober sole.  TheCrepesBalon Rouge (another tableside prep) Is a favorite dessert as is the grand marnier souffle.

Omg! My mouth is watering. Do you know if they have sample menus I can see? 

9 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Which ship are you on? If you’re on an S class ship, go to Tuscan Grille for an excellent steak. The filet is excellent. Murano has nice lamb and lobster. 

We are on the Eclipse. Not sure what category that is. 

3 minutes ago, Szt said:

We are on the Eclipse. Not sure what category that is. 

Eclipse is the S class. (It gets a bit confusing because on the new ships (the E class - Beyond, Edge, etc.), one of the main dining rooms is called Tuscan whereas that's the name of a specialty dining restaurant on the S class ships.)

Murano is very good and it will be a memorable anniversary dinner. 

Eclipse is S class so has Murano, Tuscan Grill, Petit Chef and Sushi on 5. There is a lot more than sushi offered there. You can google menus. I also would go with Murano. There is steak, in the chateau briand, lobster and lamb on their menu. They will usually let you order both the chateaubriand for two and the lobster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The food is better than MDR but also the ambiance and service. It's slower and feels more celebratory. 

We like both Murano and Tuscan Grille on Eclipse. Tuscan is in a great location at the rear of the ship so a window seat there on a sunny evening is particularly fabulous. It's not an Italian as we (in the UK) know it, we treat it as a great steak house. 

• Like 1

Make sure you book early.  My November cruise on the Equinox has no specialty reservations remaining.  I wanted to book Murano for our 41st anniversary and seven days after Celebrity opened bookings they were already booked. If that is the case for your cruise, make sure you go to the restaurant of choice first thing after boarding.  They frequently hold a few slots for last minute bookings.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Which ship are you on? If you’re on an S class ship, go to Tuscan Grille for an excellent steak. The filet is excellent. Murano has nice lamb and lobster. 

Agree filet is very good but rib eye not so good.

Murano is our favorite on S class.

• Like 2

Book ahead...or you may not get the date and time you prefer!

Murano would be perfect but it is a bit formal with a  longer dining time..For something less formal Tuscan is a great choice..with aft view   Italian and steaks.

sample menus for Specialty  Rest are on the Celebrity website.

ENJOY!

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know when the prices for the specialty restaurants increased? On my app for my Beyond cruise in December, Eden is now showing $85 for a la carte, Fine Cut $75, le Voyage $125 a la carte or $155 for tasting menu, and Rooftop Garden Grill $50.  I'm glad I made my reservations ahead of time! Only the Grand Bistro appears to be the same price as before at $30. 

I should note that when I go on the website (not the app) into my cruise planning, it still shows the old prices.

Edited by Notagoose

1 hour ago, Szt said:

I find descriptions but not menus. 

On the app or cruise planner, the app you just need to go to restaurants/dining for your sailing or any current sailing of the ship you're going on and all menus are there, cruise planner described above where you can see sample menu once you start booking.  

6 hours ago, Szt said:

You are all right in every point. Including the book early part. Both Murano and Tuscan are booked solid. 😢 Guess I hesitated too long. 

We were just on Eclipse last month. We dined one night in Murano. The Chateaubriand for 2 was really good. If they have cold water Lobster onboard they will prepare it table side. They hold back early dining times for suite guests. Once onboard go to Murano's. Mention your anniversary. While you both might want to dress up. Do so if you want. All X specialty restaurants are Smart Casual.