Holland America Port Everglades Global Entry

POA1

I'm hoping the title will keep this from getting whisked to the ports page because it only concerns Holland America terminals at Port Everglades....

Do they still have the Global Entry line at PE?

4 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

No because nobody really has to go through customs.  You just leave.

There is definitely still Immigration procedures...but they are biometrics based.

But yes, Customs is very low key, if at all.

I would expect the procedures would be the same at all the Port Everglades Terminals, so asking on the Florida Departures board is appropriate. Plus HAL can dock at about half the Terminals. 

Departed Rotterdam from PEV in February, used facial recognition, no line very quick exit. Departed Rotterdam from PEV in October, very long line/wait  to see face to face immigration officer.  Never saw a dedicated Global Entry Line.

The last time though (March) it was facial recognition and it was so quick I didn't notice if there was still a GE line.   Other Pier 26 cruises there was a GE line on the far right and it was one of the few times they asked to see your GE cart at the start of he line

24 minutes ago, Fred321 said:

Getting off Rotterdam after this fall's TA had to line up and do face to face customs and immigration. No Global Entry although it would have made re-entry a lot easier.

Probably because it was a TA, and the ship was arriving back in the US after the summer season away. There are usually more inspections and procedures at those arrivals. 

I disembarked on Saturday and nobody cared if I was importing $100,000 in cash, 500 Cuban cigars, etc.  The facial recognition scan proved my identity and I was directed to the terminal exit. 

There must be a lot of information included with the scan such as my Global Entry membership, criminal history, economic status, Amazon purchase habits, organization memberships, weapons ownership, and age that establishes my probability of violating customs laws. 

Or maybe just understaffed?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

No because nobody really has to go through customs.  You just leave.

Everybody has to go through customs. When I need to declare, I locate an officer and explain that I need to declare. I wonder how many don't.