Change cruise from Celebrity to RCL?

rodndonna

This was two years ago, so many not work today but I did change a Royal Cruise to a Celebrity Cruise by calling RC.

I had booked a cruise on Symphony of the Seas while onboard a RC cruise (deposit only).  Returning home we decided we wanted to try the Apex (a great decision!)  We were  within 30 days of the booking, called RC, the agent checked and said yes and transferred the call to a Celebrity agent.

I am Diamond on RC but have now sailed on Apex twice, going on Beyond in a week and have two cruises booked on the Ascent next year. I am glad Celebrity accepted the transfer.

Point - call and see what they will do.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, truckswain said:

This was two years ago, so many not work today but I did change a Royal Cruise to a Celebrity Cruise by calling RC.

I had booked a cruise on Symphony of the Seas while onboard a RC cruise (deposit only).  Returning home we decided we wanted to try the Apex (a great decision!)  We were  within 30 days of the booking, called RC, the agent checked and said yes and transferred the call to a Celebrity agent.

I am Diamond on RC but have now sailed on Apex twice, going on Beyond in a week and have two cruises booked on the Ascent next year. I am glad Celebrity accepted the transfer.

Point - call and see what they will do.

Thanks. In the event we do decide to cancel (still unsure) I will ask. Generally prefer Celebrity, but am interested in a Pacific Coastal itinerary with RCL if it was an option. 

Hello,

I was once, and only once, called by X to ask if I would be prepared to change my booking from Royal to X - with a number of added benefits for so doing.

This was pre almost everything including the movement of back-office staff from the UK (in my case) to Guatemala so I think there is even less joined-up admin now and opportunities than there was.

Regards,

Cublet

Things have changed in the cruise world.  It appears that the mission is high profits.  Sad, but we do enjoy cruising.  We have lowered our expectations.  Celebrity has cut butler service off for sky suites, has modified menus- however I heard menus might be improved around thanksgiving.Some cruise lines aren't offering twice a day cabin service, and charge for room service in many categories.

They have also increased amounts for tipping- while they should be paying their employees a fair and decent liveable wage and not ask to consumer to pay for this.

Edited by Cruise a holic

12 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I was once, and only once, called by X to ask if I would be prepared to change my booking from Royal to X - with a number of added benefits for so doing.

This was pre almost everything including the movement of back-office staff from the UK (in my case) to Guatemala so I think there is even less joined-up admin now and opportunities than there was.

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks. That is actually how we ended up with this particular Celebrity booking. We had an RCL cruise that when cancelled by RCL opened the opportunity to move the cruise to a "similar" Celebrity cruise which we did. That was why I thought "maybe" if we decide to move that  Celebrity cruise, we might be able to move it to RCL.

The cruise is many months out and we are still undecided, but will certainly ask if/when we decide to move the cruise.

14 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

They have also increased amounts for tipping- while they should be paying their employees a fair and decent liveable wage and not ask to consumer to pay for this.

You pay for it either way. Either the fares go up (like with the Australian bookings), or you tip separately.

• Like 1