Best Havana Cabins

New2cruise2022

Looking at a first time Carnival Cruise on the Panorama. Definitely would like to enjoy the perks of the Havana area. I’d love to hear from any people that have thoughts on the Havana Cabana rooms or the other balcony and suite accommodations.  Differences? Preferences? 

Thanks!

Do not waste your money on the Havana Cabana rooms on deck 5.  It was too weird trying to sit on the lounger with this small fence between you and your neighbor. At least with balcony you have a solid wall where these you have no privacy.  Also need to keep your curtain closed because anyone passing by has a great view in.

• Like 1

On the other hand, have stayed in various HC rooms, including aft wraps on 6, HC balcony on 5 and HC Suites.  Love them all, Unlike the previous poster, have absolutely zero trepidation in staying on 5, and actually prefer it.  JMHO

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Do not waste your money on the Havana Cabana rooms on deck 5.  It was too weird trying to sit on the lounger with this small fence between you and your neighbor. At least with balcony you have a solid wall where these you have no privacy.  Also need to keep your curtain closed because anyone passing by has a great view in.

Also, you have no privacy from above. The balconies above can look right down into your cabana.

IMG_2416-XL.jpg

IMG_2420-XL.jpg

When we book a Havana cabin, we prefer the interiors on Deck 5. Never had any issues with noise. We have them for a B2B on the Vista next April. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

When we book a Havana cabin, we prefer the interiors on Deck 5. Never had any issues with noise. We have them for a B2B on the Vista next April.

This makes me feel better. I got the last Havana interior available on Horizon (5230) and was hoping for an upgrade to a balcony, but it's looking full up. We've done Havana interior before but it was in 7457.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

had havana cabanas twice. Don't think I saw our neighbors but a couple times all week. I sat out there while the Mrs. got ready and like stated earlier most people are in the  Havana area itself and not on their balconies.

Had a Havana interior cabin on the Celebration.  The worst room we've ever had!.  

My husband thought it was once a closet for a suite and they decided to put in a bed and a bathroom.

The only good part was the private Havana area.  But, even the pool was tiny.

We had the Havana interior on the Horizon.  Folks we were talking to said it was so HOT with no shade on their balcony's they wished they had an interior room.

All that - we loved the Havana area and our interior room.  Hope to do it again!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

Had a Havana interior cabin on the Celebration.  The worst room we've ever had!.  

My husband thought it was once a closet for a suite and they decided to put in a bed and a bathroom.

The only good part was the private Havana area.  But, even the pool was tiny.

From what I gather and can see for myself from the plans, the Havana area on the Excel ships is a failure compared to what was done on the Vista class ships.  Which is too bad.

• Like 4

Just to drive home the difference between Vista and Excel class Havana areas, here is a comparison side by side of the Celbration and Horizon. I have never tried Excel class and have no desire to.

eI2sIh1.png

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

From what I gather and can see for myself from the plans, the Havana area on the Excel ships is a failure compared to what was done on the Vista class ships.  Which is too bad.

I absolutely agree 100% with this. They took something wonderful and completely ruined it. 

24 minutes ago, five. said:

I'd be curious to know if 5205 / 5208 would be noisy since they are next to the elevators.

3GEEFnd.png

I have not stayed in one of these myself, but have 2 sets of friends who did and they both said they were wonderful and quiet. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

you would be correct. They are a home run on Vista class. Not so good on excel. Couldn't even get a lounger on Celebration a couple days and the pool is a joke compared to Vista class ships.

We booked the Jubilee but decided not to waste our money on the Havana area. Got a balcony on the hump on 14.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Failure is a strong word.  Have stayed in Havana rooms on both classes of ships including all Vista class ships and on the Mardi Gras.  I would agree with other posters that on Vista class they are flat out home runs.  On the MG they are less impressive, the pool pales in comparison, but it is still a private pool and the rooms are starboard side vs the alignment on Vista class.  All that said, still a superior room and the HC has some additional “remoteness” which adds to the privacy.  Im MHO far from a failure.  would I sail in the HC on the MG, Celebration or Jubilee again, yes.

• Like 1

We are going on the Horizon for the first time over spring break and booked Havana inside 5205. It will be our 1st Vista class and Havana experience. We decided against trying the Havana area (from what people said here) when we sailed on the Mardi Gras & Celebration. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

We are going on the Horizon for the first time over spring break and booked Havana inside 5205. It will be our 1st Vista class and Havana experience. We decided against trying the Havana area (from what people said here) when we sailed on the Mardi Gras & Celebration. 

We're staying in 5205 on Panorama in Feb. First time in Havana and first time in an inside cabin 😬

• Like 1

Question for illbcruzn4life..this may sound like a dumb question BUT what is "balcony on the hump on 14"?

I have booked cabin 16248 on the Jubilee for December 2024.  I threw a dart and landed on this pick. I sure hope we are happy with this location as we really like staying on Lido deck.  Thoughts anyone?  

20 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

Question for illbcruzn4life..this may sound like a dumb question BUT what is "balcony on the hump on 14"?

I have booked cabin 16248 on the Jubilee for December 2024.  I threw a dart and landed on this pick. I sure hope we are happy with this location as we really like staying on Lido deck.  Thoughts anyone?  

This what i call the hump. On deck 16 where the hump is,that is where the beach pool is I believe so no cabins on the hump on that deck. The only difference in our 2 cabins is that our balcony is bigger. 

IMG_0061.jpeg