News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

@nho9504 You requested this.  Hang on for the ride.

Do you mind to elaborate in more details on exactly how you received the 4 emails, and what did they ask for? 

I will be thrilled to document my “journey” if it saves just one person from experiencing the frustrations I endured.

Disclaimers:

I did not read through all the threads’s posts.

As a teacher, I make a very poor student who doesn’t always follow directions.  Computers/technology has always been a hit and miss for me (even as a science teacher/aka scientific method).

Step 1:

Download the app. 

Register, verify email address, skipped all other requested personal information.  Password needs at least 8 characters with capital letter, symbol, and number.

Step 2:  

Click Carnival to get started.  Click Princess

WHAT??? You want access to my stock portfolio?  No way…click, click, click…get out.

Another option pops up…manually submit redacted statement.  Whew

I created redacted statement.  Screen shot, camera photo of my computer, air drop to device with app.  Couldn’t get orientation to work that did not cut out Stock Name (CCL).  Try and try again.  Finally uploaded and get a timed out message multiple times.  Ugh. 

Plan B.

Maybe create a PDF and upload to documents.  Tried again.  Same thing with cut off.  I didn’t care…sent.  Worked or so I convinced myself.  Received email.

Thank you for submitting your proof of share ownership. Stockperks is reviewing your submission now and will respond within two (2) working days with next steps.

Thank you for joining the Stockperks family!

Step 3:  

Frantically emailing hello@stockperks.com for help.  Of course, they are on EST.  Woke up this morning and nothing from them except canned responses that they will get back to me.

Decided to try emailing same address this afternoon with cruise information AND attachment.

Step 4:  Wait and be patient.  Not in my genes.

Step 5:

5:18 pm

Please send me the proof of ownership documentation and we'll get it updated.  Then hopefully app is back in play and you can submit your claim.  Thanks! Zac

Sent document in reply

5:31pm

Manual Brokerage Statement Processed Confirmation

Your proof of share ownership has been processed. Please go to the Stockperks app to explore and redeem your perks.

Thank you for being a Stockperks member!

Your xxx proof of ownership was validated.

Step 6:

Go back into to app.  Redeem?  Where?  Finally found page to click on redeem for Princess to fill in all the required information (name/date/voyage)

5:37 pm

OBC Benefit Submission Acknowledgement

Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise (Booking #: xxx departing on xxx) has been successfully submitted to Princess.

We will be in touch with you in
the next five (5) business days to either:

• Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Princess; or
  • Request for more information regarding your application.

Thank you for being a loyal CCL shareholder and a member of Stockperks!

5:40 pm

Successful OBC Application to Itinerary

Congratulations! Your onboard credit of USD has been successfully applied to your reservation (Booking #: xxx departing on) on Princess.

Princess looks forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Step 7:

Tried to login to Princess.  That’s a whole other issue.  Some of the time I can using Safari. If that doesn’t work, then Chrome. Sometimes neither.  User/provider error?  Agent I spoke to told me it was them/Princess. Lots of technical difficulty issues for a week now.  Within minutes, OBC was on my payment page.

I really had to work hard for this OBC.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the Play by Play on Steps.

I have not had the drama you endured.  It did take me a while to figure out how to work the App which I downloaded on iPad.

Only need to go thru the manual submission once using the Alinea as broker as described upthread, to avoid giving access to the brokerage account.

I used a PDF file which sailed thru.

Got the 2 business day process email. 

That was Thursday before 2pm.

Meanwhile I suppressed the urge to use the email to resubmit it.  (but it looked to me that worked for you because you got the OBC posted quickly).

Nothing came on Friday.

Monday morning, got the email informing the submission was validated.  Meaning now I can redeem the perk.

Went to the App - fiddle a while to eventually figure out the redemption is under Eligibility, which is what you chose at the initial submission, i.e. Carnival.  Now all brands under Carnival ownership show on the screen.

Picked Princess, input all the necessary info.  Submit the claim.

Received an email after submission, before noon Monday, about the 5 business days processing time.

Today Wednesday, still no OBC in account.

Hence I think your follow up with the email channel actually worked to your benefit because you did not have to wait 5 business days, actually you did not even need to wait - as the application of OBC was 3 minutes  after you redeemed the perk!   That must be the person at the other end manually posted the OBC once he received your submission.  The App generated emails were just the steps he went thru to process your OBC.

I suspect I should shoot them an email tomorrow morning to inquire the status, as it is Day 4 after successful validation of the proof.

Again, thanks a lot.

One more tome, until the email channel dies, this IS the way to request OBC.  The App is just a Sham.  I wish I have done what you have done and not keep waiting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Step 7:

Tried to login to Princess.  That’s a whole other issue.  Some of the time I can using Safari. If that doesn’t work, then Chrome. Sometimes neither.  User/provider error?  Agent I spoke to told me it was them/Princess. Lots of technical difficulty issues for a week now.  Within minutes, OBC was on my payment page.

I really had to work hard for this OBC.  

The process has been simplified,

huh?  SMH

• Like 1

Still no OBC in account.

Sent an email like @cr8tiv1 has done since s/he got positive result super quick. 

As of now a robot reply has arrived.

What is interesting is,  at the bottom of the robot reply, the SIGNATURE IS THE SAME PERSON, Zac! 

Usually robot email the "signature" would be Team at xxxxx,  Customer Service at xxxxx"  that kind of thing.  So seeing the name of a person who manually handles the incoming email on the robot remail, is a surprise.

This almost confirms my speculation, that everything is still manually handled, App or no App, AND, there might be only one person or very few persons,  handling the shareholder benefits function at that Stockperks outfit... 

Will update if I ever get a manual handling on the follow up request.  Per the App the OBC should either show up on Fri or Next Mon the latest.  Else they would ask for more info, per the 2 outcomes after redemption.  It  would be one way or the other.

• Like 1

I got the app and uploaded picture of stock proof with my account information blocked out. I did have to try multiple times before it worked but it did and I got an email saying it was received and would hear back in 2 days.  It’s the third day and nothing so I have now sent an email and got an automated reply from Zac so now I am waiting.  I agree with others that wonder why Princess had to change what was working.

3 hours ago, teacherplus said:

I got the app and uploaded picture of stock proof with my account information blocked out. I did have to try multiple times before it worked but it did and I got an email saying it was received and would hear back in 2 days.  It’s the third day and nothing so I have now sent an email and got an automated reply from Zac so now I am waiting.  I agree with others that wonder why Princess had to change what was working.

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Already "spent" the OBC on excursions.  lol.  Still showing up until I actually take the excursion...with 10% back in OBC for elite.

I don’t have your luck.  Other than the robot reply,  The actual human “Zac” has not replied on my inquiry.

You mean elite booking excursion would receive a 10% rebate in the form of OBC?  I don’t know about that.  How does it work?

3 hours ago, teacherplus said:

Similar here, only have robot “Zac” reply.  No email from real human “Zac” yet.  

Book excursions online pre-cruise.

Pay with OBC

They will not deduct excursion until you are on the ship and cut tickets.

After you go on the excursion, 10% OBC will show up on your account as Non-refundable OBC.

"Zac" sent me a non-cookie cutter email.  Waiting for him to respond to my latest email.

Hi. xxx - unfortunately there have been a ton of emails back and forth that have crossed paths and led to a lot of confusion on both sides.  

So I'm resetting to make sure we have got everything sorted out

You submitted a claim for reservation  xxx departing xxx  This has been approved

Are there any other claims you need to submit?  

If no, then I'm glad we got there.    

Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to help.  

Kind regards

Zac

-- 

Zac 
Customer Support Team
-F1bzeDO77tS0PqC89pBNq0iJcoRtA7TO_TwwkT-hqNEH9E0ESMMQM5oQwpArX-d2SIf1OhIYJ1gCjQmn4QluRqXEXTAwRY8f77a34h_6Z3eHkxYyOc6ilAsckcTLJKRfTF4DHQ1
  • Thanks 1

No email confirmation from Zac the person or Zac the robot.

But the App robot sent an email on OBC successfully applied at 12:51pm, but did not arrive until after 2:30pm US EST.

Just went on Princess site, the OBC posted.

Glad to learn about the 10% rebate on Excursion as an elite benefit.  Where can we find such benefit's description on Princess site?

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

But the App robot sent an email on OBC successfully applied at 12:51pm, but did not arrive until after 2:30pm US EST.

Glad to learn about the 10% rebate on Excursion as an elite benefit.  Where can we find such benefit's description on Princess site?

Rewarding your loyalty - Membership benefits of Princess® Captain’s Circle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Look what I received today:

Hi xxx - my pleasure - glad we got there!  And yes, I'm totally real!  

Thankfully it works smoothly for a lot of our users, but sometimes certain configurations on our users' phones cause unforeseen issues and you seemed to have hit some.  

Anyhow, your shares are up to date.  You'll need to validate again in about 3 months if you have more claims coming.  Clicking Alinea or Fidelity will get you to the manual process

Have a great weekend & cruise!  Cheers

Zac

I got an email from Zac this afternoon that stock certificate was approved so I went to app and redeemed it, put in cruise information and about 20 minutes later checked my cruise and on board credit is there! Yeah!

• Like 2

My OBC is still not on my account. It's been 7 business days since I sent the email to hellostockperks. The email said it would be 5 business days. I'm not worried because there is still time until my cruise but I'm wondering if they are getting slammed or my request fell through the crack. 

3 minutes ago, phoebe2m said:

My OBC is still not on my account. It's been 7 business days since I sent the email to hellostockperks. The email said it would be 5 business days. I'm not worried because there is still time until my cruise but I'm wondering if they are getting slammed or my request fell through the crack. 

Or depending where they are located they got slammed with snow.  Give it a few more days.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, phoebe2m said:

My CCL OBC didn’t get posted to my booking as fast as others have said theirs did, but just happy it all worked and I got it. 
Emailed my paperwork to hello@stockperks at 9:40AM on Tuesday and received  their email at 9:04PM confirming the OBC was now in my booking for 14 April 2024. Checked my booking.and it is there.   

• Like 1

On Saturday I sent my form and proof of ownership to sbpcl@princesscruises.com and my OBC was posted on Sunday.  I am still waiting for the Stock Perks App to validate my ownership.  Glad I the princess email still works.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

Do you submit through the app for verification? We didn't send an email.

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

My CCL OBC didn’t get posted to my booking as fast as others have said theirs did, but just happy it all worked and I got it. 
Emailed my paperwork to hello@stockperks at 9:40AM on Tuesday and received  their email at 9:04PM confirming the OBC was now in my booking for 14 April 2024. Checked my booking.and it is there.   

Why didn't you use the app?

16 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I have read of too many issues with the app. I have always used the Princess email to request CCL OBC in the past and it has worked very well. If my OBC isn't added soon I will call.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

31 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

For me it much easier to use my desktop with an actual email address.   It worked fast and posted almost as fast as it did when I emailed to princess.com. Hope the next 3 go just as fast. 

• Like 2

I also tried to use the app on my iPhone and, even though it was easy to use, the problem I found that every opportunity to enter the sailing date failed with the notification that it was an invalid date.  Now come on.  How hard is it to mess up an entry like 09/23/2024?  

After many attempts I used my laptop and used the app there and it took the date without a problem, however, it wouldn't allow processing the SHB because the sailing was after July and was told to try again in May.  Makes sense since a lot can happen until the sailing but I wonder if they will make me do another current copy of the brokerage statement. 

Edited by Grego