Legend 14-day to Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin, St. Kitts live Nov. 5

IntrepidFromDC

Last night was fancypants night in MDR. I had Prime rib and lobster (both very good) and a mesclun salad I don't remember seeing on the menu before.  The salad had a mix of upscale toppings and a great green dressing.  The server said they only have that salad one day on a 14 day cruise. 

• Like 6

I turn Diamond on the last day of this cruise, and attended my first Captain's Lunch for Diamonds today.  Salad and shrimp appetizer were Steakhouse quality,  crabcake was disappointing compared to back home. It wasn't all lump meat,  more stringy/backfin.

20231107_123402.jpg

20231107_123350.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I turn Diamond on the last day of this cruise, and attended my first Captain's Lunch for Diamonds today.  Salad and shrimp appetizer were Steakhouse quality,  crabcake was disappointing compared to back home. It wasn't all lump meat,  more stringy/backfin.

20231107_123402.jpg

20231107_123350.jpg

Welcome to the brotherhood! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

"Al Fresco Dinner" invitation was under my door yesterday.  I was a little confused because I didn't see it listed among the Diamond perks on carnival.com. But I made it.  Never noticed they repurpose main pool area just meandering the ship, in 10 years.  Violin trio is playing,  very nice.  Now to try the food...

20231107_155818.jpg

20231107_180811.jpg

20231107_181350.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

"Al Fresco Dinner" invitation was under my door yesterday.  I was a little confused because I didn't see it listed among the Diamond perks on carnival.com. But I made it.  Never noticed they repurpose main pool area just meandering the ship, in 10 years.  Violin trio is playing,  very nice.  Now to try the food...

20231107_155818.jpg

20231107_180811.jpg

20231107_181350.jpg

Absolutely loved it on our Journey cruise on the Legend.  Enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

20231107_155818.jpg

20231107_180811.jpg

20231107_181350.jpg

So the Al Fresco dinner is a diamond perk in addition to the Diamond lunch? Or is it a Diamond perk because this is a Journey cruise? Looks tasty!

Edited by ninjacat123

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

So the Al Fresco dinner is a diamond perk in addition to the Diamond lunch? Or is it a Diamond perk because this is a Journey cruise? Looks tasty!

I was visited by the GM and she said Al Fresco dinner is for both plat and diamond, but only on Journeys cruises 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'm still trying to figure that out, hopefully jamman, jimbo or another Diamond can weigh in...

So when we had this on our Legend Journey cruise, the following night we asked Ken as he made his way around the MDR at dinner..  According to the man, he started in a few years back as something “extra” .  I know for a fact that there were some plats at ours, and they had three I think during our cruise.   It is most certainly an addition to the Diamond luncheon.  We absolutely LOVED the concept, the added touch (linen and white glove service, and the uniqueness.  Ken said (I think) that it was only on Spirit class ships.  I can tell you our other journey cruises (without him and sometimes on other class of ships, did NOT have this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I believe it is a Diamond thing on Journeys cruises. On our Venezia Journeys cruise they did it for three nights, two sittings a night to cover everybody. I will be covering our experience when we reach that point in our review. It was a great meal, but alcoholic drinks were not free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I believe it is a Diamond thing on Journeys cruises. On our Venezia Journeys cruise they did it for three nights, two sittings a night to cover everybody. I will be covering our experience when we reach that point in our review. It was a great meal, but alcoholic drinks were not free.

Good point on the drinks when comparing to Diamind lunch.   Agreed. Not sure why, maybe friends of Ken but know I saw Plats there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Good point on the drinks when comparing to Diamind lunch.   Agreed. Not sure why, maybe friends of Ken but know I saw Plats there.

It's very possible that Plats are included, being that there were a total of six seatings on our cruise. 😎

• Like 1

love your review- was on the celebration 10/22 and the service was awesome- whether it be in the mdr, lido buffet, room steward  and anyone else, their enthusiasm and attentiveness was great!!!!! One of the reasons why I love Carnival!!!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nancy1031 said:

love your review- was on the celebration 10/22 and the service was awesome- whether it be in the mdr, lido buffet, room steward  and anyone else, their enthusiasm and attentiveness was great!!!!! One of the reasons why I love Carnival!!!!!

Yes, it was a nice cruise !

Tom

• Like 2