Legend 14-day to Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin, St. Kitts live Nov. 5

IntrepidFromDC

16 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'm still trying to figure that out, hopefully jamman, jimbo or another Diamond can weigh in...

It is not a Diamond Perk as we are not DIamond yet and were invited to one on our Alaskan Cruise.  It was really nice!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I still haven't seen or heard Ken but someone said he sang in MDR first night. 

Oh my, I love Ken Burns!  We have drifted away from Carnival recently, but I had sailed with him many times over the years.  I love his singing and how he always visited tables and seemed to truly care about your dining room experience.  Does anyone know how many years he has been a Maitre'd on Carnival?  I know I would cruise again with him any time!  

I'm on this cruise too and have to agree about the staff. Top notch! Also, chopsticks is my favorite go to on Legend & Pride. 

Did you hear that someone (not me, unfortunately, but I was in the vicinity at the time) won $10K on the Autumn Moon slot!?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, aztekpm said:

I'm on this cruise too and have to agree about the staff. Top notch! Also, chopsticks is my favorite go to on Legend & Pride. 

Did you hear that someone (not me, unfortunately, but I was in the vicinity at the time) won $10K on the Autumn Moon slot!?

Missed it. The IRS is already knocking on their cabin door, no doubt.  😁

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I ate fried chicken and caesar salad in MDR tonight.  Like banquet frozen chicken dinner.  Watched it good band doing Beatles covers in Red Frog on deck 2 next to the sports bar with the tiny TVs.  Both Hold-em tables had waiting lines all day.

Carnivals fried chicken is nothing to write home about.  That said, LOL, I usually still order it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Another gift...

20231108_143720.jpg

What is it?

Ronnie Bullards PG show was hilarious! 

20231108_135108.jpg

20231108_135050.jpg

Awesome to hear! Going on a cruise in Feb with some friends and he is one of our comedians. One of the friends is very…innocent. I’m hoping for very funny PG comedians. 

• Like 1

Missed it. The IRS is already knocking on their cabin door, no doubt.  😁

What's the process with that --- slot winnings over $1,199 get the W2-G? Does Carnival automatically take a % out, or is that only if you don't cough up your SS# ?

Tom

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

What's the process with that --- slot winnings over $1,199 get the W2-G? Does Carnival automatically take a % out, or is that only if you don't cough up your SS# ?

Tom

I don't play slots but I won $2k on an ultra midnight drawing back when Carnival did that and yes, they make a big deal with pics when you get the check but only come visit with tax forms after the crowds are gone. Between Feds and DC I think I kept about $900 of the $2,000.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I don't play slots but I won $2k on an ultra midnight drawing back when Carnival did that and yes, they make a big deal with pics when you get the check but only come visit with tax forms after the crowds are gone. Between Feds and DC I think I kept about $900 of the $2,000.

Yikes... over half... POOF