Room just got changed?

yarn hooker

Booked a guarantee Veranda room.  We were assigned room 6165  E3 with partial obstruction. It was fine.  Just got another email with guest documents attached and notice our room is now 12220 C2 concierge class. We received no other notifications, but also new room is showing on the app.  Why would this have happened?  I think it will be fine, also, just confused.

Sounds like you are getting the better end of the stick!  As a guarantee booking, your room is subject to change for a variety of reasons. 

How soon before you sail? and how soon after you initially booked were you assigned your cabin?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, yarn hooker said:

We sail in two weeks.  Have had the original room assignment for a couple of weeks.

It's likely that you are now locked in to the cabin you've been assigned.  Concierge class includes an embarkation day lunch in the MDR while other categories must dine in the buffet or a specialty like Sushi on 5.  Suites can dine in Luminae.  The other perks of this category are nominal IMO but I think you'll like it!

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

We're talking about the good things, not the bad.

LOL - my GF and I were hoping we could trade the ‘bubbly’ for a bottle of wine.   We will find out when we get onboard and plead not to be served the sparkling wine.  Trip in 11/22 on the Beyond.

1 hour ago, jagger1 said:

LOL - my GF and I were hoping we could trade the ‘bubbly’ for a bottle of wine.   We will find out when we get onboard and plead not to be served the sparkling wine.  Trip in 11/22 on the Beyond.

Should be no problem trading bubbly for wine.

22 hours ago, yarn hooker said:

Booked a guarantee Veranda room.  We were assigned room 6165  E3 with partial obstruction. It was fine.  Just got another email with guest documents attached and notice our room is now 12220 C2 concierge class. We received no other notifications, but also new room is showing on the app.  Why would this have happened?  I think it will be fine, also, just confused.

Very nice upgrade!

• Like 1

Guarantees are sold to fill out any sailings with rooms that were not chosen by the cruiser. So likely, they found that the verandah cabins were selling better than Concierge, so they upgraded you so they could put another verandah cabin on the market.