LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

On 11/20/2023 at 4:24 PM, RichYak said:

Did you really think they did it for fun?

Get enough followers and you can make a decent living from YouTube

According to estimates from Celebrity Net Worth, MrBeast rakes in between $3 to $5 million each month via a combination of ad revenue and paid sponsorships. His 2021 YouTube income of $54 million averages $4.5 million per month generated via the platform.

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 5:51 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Still no menus in the app but the daily planner is fully loaded along with events at the spa.  Fitness classes (not that I'll be enrolling in those) are still pending.  

A youtube video popped up in my feed from a guy named Zach who indicated that he was booked on the maiden voyage for Ascent on Dec. 3rd but has cancelled due to the two preview cruises (this one) and the fact that he will not be among the first to sail.  A shame, but I guess I understand...

Anyway, there's a laundry list of things to do today...just one more sleep 'till lift off! 😎  

That's really not uncommon on a new ship.   Part of the "Fun" of a Pre -  Pre- inaugural cruise.  LOL  -   It often also whappens on a unique cruise

I just looked and the MDR is now loaded but not Blu or Luminae -  Breakfast is loaded

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We truly love the restaurants in and around Los Olas- right by the Riverside and in the Hotel.  Will check out the Hyatt Centric for another cruise as we are booked and want to stay at the Riverside in January.  But have other cruises planned. Will walk over to the Hyatt and check it out.

Have to say that riverside hotel has the Hyatt beat in the curb appeal department…with its quaint architecture and color scheme. Looks like a nice place, although we didn’t enter. 

After hopping around to various places for small bites and drinks, we rounded out the evening at Moxies. If I had known better, we would have made this our first stop as the menu and drinks were awesome. As it was, we enjoyed a bottle of wine and a steak bite app since that’s about all the room we had left. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just had a small bite and a cocktail at YOLO…. A five minute walk from the Hyatt. Very good suggestion setting the stage for the evening. We had smoked meatballs and a margarita flatbread. Delicious!

IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6139.jpeg

Yay! I’m so glad you tried it and liked it! Having dinner there Saturday night pre-cruise! So excited for your sailing tomorrow! 

• Like 2

In my mind we threw caution to the wind and painted the town ‘till midnight. The reality is we headed back to the Hyatt for a nightcap and then enjoyed the views from our balcony before climbing into bed and calling it a night. I’m blaming it on embarkation excitement. Either way, we’ve enjoyed the Hyatt very much. From the ease of check in to the complimentary cocktail at the well stocked bar, our experience here has been exceptional. Cheers! Until tomorrow…

IMG_6134.jpeg

IMG_6135.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Yay! I'm on this cruise tomorrow too! My 13 year old still doesn't know! We're surprising him on the way to the port. We told him we're going caving (true) but he doesn't know that it's a shore excursion....  heee heee!

We're in a concierge class verandah with obstructed view from the magic carpet. I actually thought it might be cool to see that from the underside etc. Will let you know. 

• Like 3

I’m always giddy with excitement on any given embarkation day but this one feels different. Obviously the allure of a new ship plays a huge part, but I think it’s also trying out E class for the first time too. 

It’s too early to start getting ready so I will revisit a few things from our travel day. Given the weather when we left ATL and the fact that holiday travel is kicking into gear, I expected some delays. But there were none!  The ride to the airport was smooth taking about an hour and a half, curbside baggage drop off was a breeze, the security line was the shortest I’ve ever seen it….ever, and our flight left on time. Wow!  The worst thing that happened was at ground transportation at FLL. The UBER driver  was a no show and after 20 minutes of waiting I finally cancelled (for a $6 fee) and we hailed a cab instead. If that’s the worst thing…. I’ll take it!

Final thoughts on the a Hyatt….very nice hotel with welcoming staff and friendly bartenders. The room was clean, the mattress and bedding comfortable, and the A/C was excellent. My only critique would be for the pillows. I regret not bringing my own bc I didn’t care for the pillow options on the bed. Two were rock hard and two were feather soft. Neither were to my liking. DH used to sleep on tanks during his time in the service so he’s happy with just about anything. 

Welp…let’s get this day started…🚢 🍾

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m always giddy with excitement on any given embarkation day but this one feels different. Obviously the allure of a new ship plays a huge part, but I think it’s also trying out E class for the first time too. 

It’s too early to start getting ready so I will revisit a few things from our travel day. Given the weather when we left ATL and the fact that holiday travel is kicking into gear, I expected some delays. But there were none!  The ride to the airport was smooth taking about an hour and a half, curbside baggage drop off was a breeze, the security line was the shortest I’ve ever seen it….ever, and our flight left on time. Wow!  The worst thing that happened was at ground transportation at FLL. The UBER driver  was a no show and after 20 minutes of waiting I finally cancelled (for a $6 fee) and we hailed a cab instead. If that’s the worst thing…. I’ll take it!

Final thoughts on the a Hyatt….very nice hotel with welcoming staff and friendly bartenders. The room was clean, the mattress and bedding comfortable, and the A/C was excellent. My only critique would be for the pillows. I regret not bringing my own bc I didn’t care for the pillow options on the bed. Two were rock hard and two were feather soft. Neither were to my liking. DH used to sleep on tanks during his time in the service so he’s happy with just about anything. 

Welp…let’s get this day started…🚢 🍾

You deserved a smooth trip after last year! So excited for you and can’t wait to read all about the new ship 😊

• Like 2

So glad I found this review @Georgia_Peaches. Happy Anniversary, Happy Thanksgiving. Wow! A cat AND a parrot? It must be fun in your house! I booked our first Celebrity and first E class cruise for next July on Beyond so I am very grateful for any information you share. I did see the menu looks the same as another Live review that I just read from a Middle Eastern cruise. I was hoping that was just a European/Asian centered menu as my tastes aren't that refined. Have a great cruise and following along!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, depplep said:

So glad I found this review @Georgia_Peaches. Happy Anniversary, Happy Thanksgiving. Wow! A cat AND a parrot? It must be fun in your house! I booked our first Celebrity and first E class cruise for next July on Beyond so I am very grateful for any information you share. I did see the menu looks the same as another Live review that I just read from a Middle Eastern cruise. I was hoping that was just a European/Asian centered menu as my tastes aren't that refined. Have a great cruise and following along!

Lol. We only have cats, no parrot. I’m not nearly that adventurous 😅

So glad to have you along!  I’ve looked at all the menus and they are much better in terms of variety and number of options than they were when we were on Equinox in July. Have to agree, some of those dishes do sound exotic. Anyway, I’ll definitely be posting lots of food pics!

Oh, and what did you think of the Canada firing?  About time?  DH says we need to find a sports bar when we get back to FLL for our turn around day so he can watch the game. I gave him rolley eyes  like this 🙄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So glad to have you along!  I’ve looked at all the menus and they are much better in terms of variety and number of options than they were when we were on Equinox in July. Have to agree, some of those dishes do sound exotic. Anyway, I’ll definitely be posting lots of food pics!

Oh, and what did you think of the Canada firing?  About time?  DH says we need to find a sports bar when we get back to FLL for our turn around day so he can watch the game. I gave him rolley eyes  like this 🙄

They waited too long into the season to fire Canada if you ask me. But then again, I haven't been impressed with Tomlin for a long while either.  If you remember please post some photos of the wine lists. Thank you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Enjoy, we board Dec 10! Currently in Vero Beach Fl at our condo, but we live in Canada, what Canada firing? 
cant wait to see your pictures, hope to see a ship video from a utuber later today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rowval said:

Enjoy, we board Dec 10! Currently in Vero Beach Fl at our condo, but we live in Canada, what Canada firing? 
cant wait to see your pictures, hope to see a ship video from a utuber later today. 

Matt Canada was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was just fired after Sunday’s loss. It’s significant because the Steelers rarely fire anyone. And it was high time imo. 

You must be enjoying this weather!  Will keep the ship in good shape for you!

• Like 1

Morning! It’s that day…like you didn’t know! 😂

Thank you for the pics and thoughts on the Centric, just confirmed we made the right decision. 👏

While on board would you take some pics of the Sunset Bar area? Also provide thoughts on it. We spend a lot of time there. 

What was the cab cost to the Centric? Thinking Uber Vs Cab. Normally take a cab. 

Will be watching the sail away on the web cam. 👀

Cheers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Have to say that riverside hotel has the Hyatt beat in the curb appeal department…with its quaint architecture and color scheme. Looks like a nice place, although we didn’t enter. 

After hopping around to various places for small bites and drinks, we rounded out the evening at Moxies. If I had known better, we would have made this our first stop as the menu and drinks were awesome. As it was, we enjoyed a bottle of wine and a steak bite app since that’s about all the room we had left. 

The Boat House restaurant behind the hotel is excellent- beautiful with great seafood and steaks. Its overlooking the canal.  Our favorite on Los Olas.

• Like 3

@Georgia_Peaches  Happy Embarkation Day.  Must admit I am a little jealous but take comfort in knowing we have two cruises planned for next year.  For now though, I'll just have to be satisfied with my coffee & Bailey's while waiting for you to thrill us with tales and photo's of your cruise. 

Bon Voyage. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 3:23 PM, hcat said:

another thought... so when multiple people on CC  mention  or link to a u tube video , as sometimes happens, they are enhancing that person's potential profits if people link to it? 

For awhile there was the same one over and over...hmmm!?

I have a YouTube channel. It has nothing to do with cruises so no point in mentioning the name! 🤣

You don't get paid on your channel being mentioned somewhere - people have to actually watch, and for a minimum amount of time (something like 20-30 seconds). You also get paid on the number of ads that people watch so if you don't want to support the person making the video (or want them to have a lower payout) - skip the ads. If people have a private group, they get paid more for that. 

I make videos because it's fun - not for the money. It takes a lot of time (create topic, prepare what to say, record video, edit video) and for small channels like mine, I earn a pittance but I enjoy the whole process of sharing and then replying to comments. BTW - Google ensures that the income is reported so we all pay tax on it. Google won't give you one penny without tax info. 

@Georgia_Peaches So glad you didn't get stuck on the Downtown Connector and had an easy flight. Enjoy Day 1! 

Edited by mrgabriel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2