Blown away...very impressed

alyssamma

On the 32 day Sapphire Princess. At the beginning of the cruise we got a survey. We don't really complain and nothing major was bothering us so we ignored it.

Then we got a second one. I decided to put two things in it. Again, if we didn't get the second survey I would have never complained, and it wasn't something that would make me say I'm not sailing Princess or anything like that. 

I had a bad interaction with a lady at guest services. The manager came out  settled my problem in under a minute, and it was forgotten. Also, I mentioned the food wasn't consistent. As an example, my wife and I had prime rib tonight and hers was the entire cow and mine was made for a child. There are also some quality issues with certain staples like the pizza... sometimes amazing and sometimes not so much.

Anyway, while eating today the MaitreD for the restaurant came over to talk to me about the food comment. Right behind him was the guest services head and he wanted to know what happened there.

I was blown away. I didn't expect the survey to be read, let alone acted on. They listened intently, and explained what they would do to prevent these things from happening again. And again  these weren't big issues for us at all 

Anyway, at least on this ship, they are listening and working to improve.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Aren’t you glad there’s the Medallion…..so they could easily find you?  I have filled out those forms before with positive results.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  

I had a message from the Corporate Office. I had traditional dining and they found us quickly in the dining room. This was years ago.

On our last cruise, I praised the dining room host who helped me get a table suitable for my wife. He made a special trip to Thank Us. They really do read those and let the ones you've pointed out know. On a previous cruise, I wrote that the AC was warm in a cold climate and I was worried about it later in the South Pacific. Next day our room steward told me that maintenance had been in our room and solved the problem. I always fill them out.

• Like 2

Very interesting. I have filled out surveys from HAL, Royal, Celebrity and NCL and have never received a response to an issue I referenced. Never. We are not complainers, but rather like to provide feedback on things we see that need improvement to enhance the customer experience.  We will be taking our first Princess cruise on the Star Princess in September 2025. I am now looking forward to this trip even more as this shows they do care about their service level. Something sorely lacking in this industry at this time.

• Like 2

The Sapphire crew seems to be exceptional.  When on board in September, they were awarded Best Princess Crew, or something like that.  And usually that comes from the top down, not vice versa.  The officers while we were on board were quite involved.  And we always (or almost always) fill out the mid cruise surveys.  They do read them, for sure.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, alyssamma said:

On the 32 day Sapphire Princess. At the beginning of the cruise we got a survey. We don't really complain and nothing major was bothering us so we ignored it.

Then we got a second one. I decided to put two things in it. Again, if we didn't get the second survey I would have never complained, and it wasn't something that would make me say I'm not sailing Princess or anything like that. 

I had a bad interaction with a lady at guest services. The manager came out  settled my problem in under a minute, and it was forgotten. Also, I mentioned the food wasn't consistent. As an example, my wife and I had prime rib tonight and hers was the entire cow and mine was made for a child. There are also some quality issues with certain staples like the pizza... sometimes amazing and sometimes not so much.

Anyway, while eating today the MaitreD for the restaurant came over to talk to me about the food comment. Right behind him was the guest services head and he wanted to know what happened there.

I was blown away. I didn't expect the survey to be read, let alone acted on. They listened intently, and explained what they would do to prevent these things from happening again. And again  these weren't big issues for us at all 

Anyway, at least on this ship, they are listening and working to improve.

4 hours ago, Coral said:

I had a message from the Corporate Office. I had traditional dining and they found us quickly in the dining room. This was years ago.

My next comment would be about being interrupted while dining.  Not the time or place for any negativity, no matter how minor.  😉😉 

2 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

My next comment would be about being interrupted while dining.  Not the time or place for any negativity, no matter how minor.  😉😉 

Ours was a positive situation and I appreciated the note being delivered right away. Before medallion so they knew where to find us. I was impressed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Wasn't an interruption at all. They came after the entree and before dessert was served.

As the guest services guy was talking, dessert came and he quickly finished up, noting our food had come.

I in NO way saw this as an interruption and was very impressed. Like @vwlmember I've filled out surveys...good and bad...on several.otther lines and NEVER received any response or acknowledgement.

This is my first Princess cruise and it makes me look.forward to my second.

• Like 12

So, a letter from the hotel GM was delivered to my room today, assuring me that they had taken steps to address my issues. I didn't think I could be more impressed, but I am.

For a first time Princess cruiser, they have knocked it out of the park. I would definitely consider this line over X for future cruises.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downtheback said:

Did you skip the main dish?

Might be wrong but I'm guessing you are not from the US. What they call entree is what we call the main Course.

Apologies if my assumption is wrong.

• Like 1

Alyssamma, thank you for the posting, it makes me look forward even more to our upcoming first-time cruise on Princess. Negative comments always tend to dominate these forums so it's nice to read about a positive experience. 

• Like 2