Black Friday pricing

SGCruiser2013

Our family is looking at an ABC cruise on Beyond in the Fall next year. We started looking at prices early November and they were pretty decent for typical Verandas. When the Black Friday deal kicked in Nov. 10th, the pricing actually got a bit worse (I believe mostly to 40% off PP moving to BOGO75, but seemed like a little more than this also). I talked to a Celebrity cruise consultant and they indicated they do expect some actual Black Friday additional sales although nothing certain, not sure if will be my cruise, not sure what type of incentive (e.g., OBC or deposit or fare, etc.). Now am seeing some Black Friday discussions around drink packages/excursions, etc. and wondering if better to book now, take advantage of some of those, and then perhaps adjust. Personally, I'd prefer less than $500 NFD but not sure if Celebrity does this very often and otherwise can see the benefit of booking now and then reprice if needed. This is one of my first times to sail Celebrity - I'd appreciate what do the Celebrity experts think?

Book at the price you are comfortable paying.  If you book with refundable fare, you can adjust.  I would not count on any advertised sales to really offer a gigantic savings.  It's all based on algorithms specific to your sailing (and how popular it is) as to what you'll be able to get during a sale.  X is also known for playing pricing games when it comes to sales, increasing prices to get the bottom-line the same ballpark of what you see before the "sale" starts.

• Like 2

The pricing structure isn't always in your favour for a sale. Of my 3 booked cruises only one went lower. The other two were up considerably. and all 3 were booked at the same time.

31 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

...  If you book with refundable fare, you can adjust.  ...

You can adjust whether refundable or not. I just did it just two days ago when the price for mine dropped.

All the cruises I had been looking at has gone up for their “Black Friday sales” ….also the new deployment prices in Europe are a bit more than I am comfortable with right now..contemplating our options…

may jump ship to Princess our do a river cruise…if there were “good sales” for Black Friday I would have probably made a deposit…

Except for my very first cruise, ages ago, I have always been able to buy a future cruise for a $100. pp deposit.  I now have non of those anymore.  So how does it work cost wise, deposit amount, refundable/non refundable, etc.  I know I will get better information here than if I call Celebrity !

Thank you.

I rebooked our Jan 2024 Ascent cruise & saved about $100 (appeared to be more...but my original booking included gratuities...still saved a bit!)

I also had drink package, wifi & shore excursions drop in price this week so cancelled & rebooked at the cheaper price.

6 hours ago, KKB said:

I rebooked our Jan 2024 Ascent cruise & saved about $100 (appeared to be more...but my original booking included gratuities...still saved a bit!)

I also had drink package, wifi & shore excursions drop in price this week so cancelled & rebooked at the cheaper price.

I am looking for the Black Friday Deals on Wifi and so forth, for a trip I already have booked )( leaving on this next Saturday) but where do I find them? If I click on the Black Friday Deals, it only lists actual  future trips, not any of the extras or  ammenities on sale? TY if you can help? 

13 minutes ago, scubamommy! said:

I am looking for the Black Friday Deals on Wifi and so forth, for a trip I already have booked )( leaving on this next Saturday) but where do I find them? If I click on the Black Friday Deals, it only lists actual  future trips, not any of the extras or  ammenities on sale? TY if you can help? 

Go to “Plan My Cruise” under your reservation after logging in.

• Like 1

As far as i can see the only genuine sale deals are on the ship which was to do the Israel ports in 2024, i jumped on a 10 night sailing from Piraeus in April for an OV on deck 3 midships at a little over £600 person cruise only with 300usd OBC which pays most of the grats. Being Elite+ status we have no need of any all inclusive (not) bits

On 11/19/2023 at 9:55 AM, bEwAbG said:

Book at the price you are comfortable paying.  If you book with refundable fare, you can adjust.  I would not count on any advertised sales to really offer a gigantic savings.  It's all based on algorithms specific to your sailing (and how popular it is) as to what you'll be able to get during a sale.  X is also known for playing pricing games when it comes to sales, increasing prices to get the bottom-line the same ballpark of what you see before the "sale" starts.

^^^ this ^^^
Book when you find the intinerary you want.
Look for the price to drop.
Call and get the better price.
Repeat from 'Look for the price to drop.'

1 hour ago, harz99 said:

As far as i can see the only genuine sale deals are on the ship which was to do the Israel ports in 2024, i jumped on a 10 night sailing from Piraeus in April for an OV on deck 3 midships at a little over £600 person cruise only with 300usd OBC which pays most of the grats. Being Elite+ status we have no need of any all inclusive (not) bits

Yes, I’m presuming that most of those sailings will be full of Brits after the prices offered on those cruises over here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, villauk said:

Yes, I’m presuming that most of those sailings will be full of Brits after the prices offered on those cruises over here.

As a result flights to Athens are going through the roof with Easyjet and BA though....

6 minutes ago, harz99 said:

As a result flights to Athens are going through the roof with Easyjet and BA though....

X are offering some flights at £49pp now (mainly Gatwick I think). They were £199 with them last week, so they have obviously got group bookings with the likes of EasyJet for certain sailing dates  (£199 was cheaper than going directly with EasyJet last week on certain flight routes).

Edited by villauk

2 minutes ago, villauk said:

X are offering some flights at £49pp now (mainly Gatwick I think). They were £199 with them last week, so they have obviously got group bookings with the likes of EasyJet for certain sailing dates  (£199 was cheaper than going directly with EasyJet last week on certain flight routes).

X quoted me over £800 for EJ flights! Two people, with luggage of 2x 23kg cases LGW 0635, return ex ATH 1210. Did my own booking same flights for £728...all the dates for the April cruises are similar or worse, and there are still plenty of seats free on those flights.

3 minutes ago, harz99 said:

X quoted me over £800 for EJ flights! Two people, with luggage of 2x 23kg cases LGW 0635, return ex ATH 1210. Did my own booking same flights for £728...all the dates for the April cruises are similar or worse, and there are still plenty of seats free on those flights.

Yes, I looked at April and couldn’t get the flights at £199, so went for March instead! Some TAs obviously got in first for group bookings as they are advertising complete packages from £700, including flights, luggage, transfers, 11-night cruises and $300 OBC!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, I looked at April and couldn’t get the flights at £199, so went for March instead! Some TAs obviously got in first for group bookings as they are advertising complete packages from £700, including flights, luggage, transfers, 11-night cruises and $300 OBC!

My 75th birthday falls mid cruise which is really why we're going. I was looking at ex SOU with P&O or MSC for that time, but would've been shorter, no E+ perks and a lot cooler for near same money in total. X won this time!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KKB said:

Hi KKB and greetings from Canada!

We are looking at booking this same cruise and take advantage of the Black Friday savings.  Do you mind if I ask what the new price was you paid for the drink package and wifi when you rebooked them at the cheaper price?

Because I haven't booked yet, I cannot get the price and Celebrity general reservations is not very helpful.  I realize I will have to convert the amounts to CDN funds - I am just trying to figure out if it is worth it to just book the all in price or book cruise only and take advantage of the Black Friday sale on the drink package and internet.

Thanking you in advance for any information you can provide! 

Debbie

23 hours ago, KKB said:

Wait? What? January 2024 Ascent? Are we together again????

mac_tlc

1 minute ago, debfed65 said:

Hi KKB and greetings from Canada!

We are looking at booking this same cruise and take advantage of the Black Friday savings.  Do you mind if I ask what the new price was you paid for the drink package and wifi when you rebooked them at the cheaper price?

Because I haven't booked yet, I cannot get the price and Celebrity general reservations is not very helpful.  I realize I will have to convert the amounts to CDN funds - I am just trying to figure out if it is worth it to just book the all in price or book cruise only and take advantage of the Black Friday sale on the drink package and internet.

Thanking you in advance for any information you can provide! 

Debbie

We already had the All inclusive...since i rebooked, AI now only has drinks & wifi. But even with tips added, we saved about $100.

I am hearing some have different prices--is that a timing thing, or a situational thing? Not sure.

I see: $27pp/day for NA, $46 for classic & $55 for premium 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KKB said:

I don't think so--we got a good price on Jan. 5. 

Darnit anyway!

😞😞

We are on 1/21.
Enjoy Beyond next week and Ascent!!! 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

😞😞

We are on 1/21.
Enjoy Beyond next week and Ascent!!! 

mac_tlc

Thanks!

OOOPS--realize I'm a dingbat.

Ascent is 2025.

NCL Prima is Jan 2024.

The problem with cruising so much....🤣

Yeah, yeah, first world problems!

I AM NOT COMPLAING!

Just now, KKB said:

Thanks!

OOOPS--realize I'm a dingbat.

Ascent is 2025.

NCL Prima is Jan 2024.

The problem with cruising so much....🤣

Yeah, yeah, first world problems!

I AM NOT COMPLAING!

Ah! Now I got it!

We are doing the HAL Koningsdam 18N to Hawaii in Jan 2025. It’s round trip from San Diego so the flights are more manageable.

Hmmmm. It’s not until 1/28/25 so who knows………..

mac_tlc